Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-02-2013, 03:18 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Hi, Jon,

I deleted 2 products a long time ago. Yet, they appear on the site map as sitecom/product.php?productid=19 and com/product.php?productid=20.

This creates errors as they are urls blocked by robot.txt file. Would you have a suggestion for getting rid of these 2 errors?

Thank you for your help and for a wonderful must have mod.
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:38 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Did you regenerate the sitemap?
Old 07-02-2013, 05:42 PM

X-Adept

Yes, it's on a cron job, updates every evening.
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:35 PM

X-Guru

If the product is deleted it wouldn't be in the database and couldn't be queried to be included. You might want to make sure it is actually deleted by trying to access the product in the x-cart admin section at http://www.example.com/admin/product_modify.php?productid=19 (replace example.com with your path to x-cart).
Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 AM

I'm confused about what the "Link Title" Field in CDSEO is, and concerned that using this field may be considered cloaking.

What exactly is a "title tag"? Is it the same as anchor text?

For example, if I have a link on my site: click here check our red widgets , I understand that "red widgets" would be the anchor text.

Does CDSEO change this anchor text to what is in the field 'Link Title' or is the title tag something totally different?
Old 07-13-2013, 12:14 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I am working my way through tickets. As we were not given any notice about 4.6 by Qualiteam, we are having to finish existing workload and try and fit 4.6 compatibility into an already packed development schedule, a such, modules are not yet 4.6 compatible and may be another couple weeks before they are all compatible. CDSEO and xCMS will be first priority.

Hi Jon - Just a quick q on an upgraded CDSEO for 4.6 - Do you think it will be available before the end of August?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 AM

Veteran

I know he is working on it but I tried the 4.5.x one on 4.6.x store and it works just fine. I don't think there are some many differences in 4.6.x in this aspect
Old 07-14-2013, 05:42 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza
I'm confused about what the "Link Title" Field in CDSEO is, and concerned that using this field may be considered cloaking.

What exactly is a "title tag"? Is it the same as anchor text?

For example, if I have a link on my site: click here check our red widgets , I understand that "red widgets" would be the anchor text.

Does CDSEO change this anchor text to what is in the field 'Link Title' or is the title tag something totally different?

The link title is not the same as anchor text. The link title shows up in the code of the link and appears when you mouseover the link.

<a href="link.html" title="Link Title">Link Anchor</a>
Old 07-14-2013, 05:43 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
I know he is working on it but I tried the 4.5.x one on 4.6.x store and it works just fine. I don't think there are some many differences in 4.6.x in this aspect

As mentioned above the 4.5.x version should work on 4.6 without issue, but I will formally test and it will be 4.6 official by the end of July.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
The link title is not the same as anchor text. The link title shows up in the code of the link and appears when you mouseover the link.

<a href="link.html" title="Link Title">Link Anchor</a>

Thanks!

I'm guessing the consensus is to use them? Maybe short 'link titles' to not look spammy?

Thanks for help with all my questions. My site has suffered tremendously in Google ever since I switched from a Frontpage site to x-cart about 2 years ago - I'm trying to look at everything!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4