Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Changing the "search" area.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 01-11-2004, 08:06 PM

X-Wizard

You're welcome, my pleasure.

Although you dont seam to be so newbie, you joined in September and Ive seen some of your posts, I have a guess that it is not that difficult to you, is it ?
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
Old 01-11-2004, 08:15 PM

X-Man

Newbie is a relative term. JA has a really nice grip on design and what she wants to do with her cart. I am sure that everyone will be impressed with it when she launches it.

Some users have over 900 posts and still ask newbie questions. It is relative.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:44 PM

I think a lot of us feel like Newbies all of the time because we are not programmers by trade. I have read some very complicated posts on here and just cringe 'cause I feel way out of my league. I have no programming experience nor am I a graphic designer. I'm book and tutorial taught and a "trial and error" kind of girl. I find more stuff I don't know each day which adds to the eternal feeling of being a "Newbie."

On the positive side, most of us here are not intimidated by a challenge (we wouldn't have bought X-Cart if we were!) We rely on you all to help us through and get us up to speed. I like many others just keep plugging away at it until something clicks! Most of the time it's after the fact and hopefully we can help someone else later with the easier questions leaving the more complicated ones for the moderaters.

We are all Newbies at some point, some longer than others. I think that the advancement of our forum status is by the number of posts not by actual experience. It can be misleading. I followed a post by a more senior member and needless to say the results were not positive. I think spending some time on the forum each day just following the dialogue is more helpful in determining who is an eXpert and who isn't.

Thanks again, you two,good night!
Janet
Mac OS 10.2.8 (Jaguar)

Tired of beating your head against your PC?
Get a Mac!
Old 01-11-2004, 10:15 PM

X-Wizard

Jelous ? (just joking man, dont take it serious)

Is this a discusion forum or a Cuban insight ? Oh... wait a minute ... its a Russian maintained forum... uuppps, we are probably in comunism here, the boss has the word, he, he (another joke)

janetallard: Couldnt say it better, I agree on that. Participation is just a number, what I try to do is give my point of view as well in posts. What I cant explain to myself is why another member could get upset if my point of view is different...?, do you call that a discussion forum ? Maybe Im wrong, but I live in one of the most democratic countries in the world, and they teach you to fight for your right, and above all Freedom and Liberty to speech.

And yes, even though some of us are still newbies or ask newbie questions I think it is better than just shutting up, if you shut up you never learn and /or you never see the Outside world. Just My Humble Opinion, might be wrong, but Ill fight for my right to say it, and Ill fight til death for anybody to have the right also.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:24 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Jelous ? (just joking man, dont take it serious)

Not really, I am not my post count. Some people think it is a big deal and that it adds status here, but status is earned. I'd rather not have the post total show at all. There are too many users who look experienced, but who have no idea what they are talking about running around confusing new forum users.

This isn't about free speech. There is no need to post on the end of every thread. You have a right to say whatever you like, but that doesn't mean you should be talking non-stop. People who talk non-stop tend to annoy others around them.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but most of the answers are here. Search for them. Take the time to read.

The number of lazy "me too" posts is out of control IMO. It serves to bloat the forum and they have no useful purpose.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:36 AM

X-Wizard

I still dont get it. Let me guess... is it about racism ? (yet another joke, just look at your post, its pathetic man, you are reflecting yourself in there as well, just think).

Right about the posts, its annoying to see users act like if they were MODERATORS, and they arent, or act like they know everything and every kind of business around, and they dont.

EXAMPLE: Instead of giving a poor user an answer or at least cheer him up, you can see alot of user posting redundantly the same things:
- Please post your version in your sig (10%)
- This doesnt belong here (20%)
- This belongs over there (5%)
- This is stupid (30%)
- Im right and you are wrong (25%)

Lets say it this way:

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ! you have the reason at everything !!

Does that make you feel better ? Or do you need a Cigar with it ?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design