Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

What are the benefits of using X-Cart over other eCommerce platforms?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 08-04-2022, 08:34 AM

Default What are the benefits of using X-Cart over other eCommerce platforms?

Hey Guys

I have a business selling high-end luxury products. I have been running the business for a year, which is very profitable now. I have developed a successful marketing campaign and have an efficient way of handling my customers. However, now I want to go a step further and introduce my e-commerce store. As you know, e-commerce store makes shopping easier and more fun for the customers.

I have been looking for an e-commerce platform that is easy to use and has many features. After researching, I found that X-Cart is the best option for me. It is an open-source platform, meaning I can customize it to my needs. It also has a lot of features that will help me run my business more efficiently.

I would like to ask you for advice on how to get started with X-Cart. I have never used this platform before and am unsure where to start.

Also, I have some questions in my mind regarding Xcart use and implementation.

What are some of the key features of X-Cart that make it stand out from the rest?

How easy is it to use X-Cart? Is it user-friendly?

How customizable is X-Cart? Can I change the look and feel of my store to match my brand?

Do you have any tips on how to get started with X-Cart? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What are some best X-Cart coupon codes? Is there any website offering Xcart coupons?

Thank you for your time!
Old 08-17-2022, 12:43 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: What are the benefits of using X-Cart over other eCommerce platforms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naheed
Hey Guys

I have a business selling high-end luxury products. I have been running the business for a year, which is very profitable now. I have developed a successful marketing campaign and have an efficient way of handling my customers. However, now I want to go a step further and introduce my e-commerce store. As you know, e-commerce store makes shopping easier and more fun for the customers.

I have been looking for an e-commerce platform that is easy to use and has many features. After researching, I found that X-Cart is the best option for me. It is an open-source platform, meaning I can customize it to my needs. It also has a lot of features that will help me run my business more efficiently.

I would like to ask you for advice on how to get started with X-Cart. I have never used this platform before and am unsure where to start.

Also, I have some questions in my mind regarding Xcart use and implementation.
Several years ago, I wouldn't have hesitated to recommend X-Cart. Now I am less sure. See below.

Quote:

What are some of the key features of X-Cart that make it stand out from the rest?

It used to be free, the code was downloadable and once you had the code, you could develop your X-Cart store on your own server. And it only depends on PHP, Javascript, and Sql. Furthermore it was easy to develop modules you might need as the forum was very active. All of these provided a great deal of freedom. (The only other e-commerce solution that would come close I knew was Magentoo, but I found their documentation far too complicated) However, as I understand, today the codes are no longer downloadable and you will probably have to pay huge sum for hosted solution, and the forum is not as active as before etc. etc...

Quote:
How easy is it to use X-Cart? Is it user-friendly?
As long as you don't need to do customize a lot, I would say it is very user-friendly.

Quote:
How customizable is X-Cart? Can I change the look and feel of my store to match my brand?
There are several free themes, and you can change the look and feel on the frontend (see the documentation on theme-tweaker) quite easily if it is small modification.

If you need to make major modifications, see the documentation here https://devs.x-cart.com/design_changes/ and here https://devs.x-cart.com/getting_started/how-to-apply-design-changes.html. You can basically do almost whatever you want, if you are willing to write some lines of code.

Quote:
Do you have any tips on how to get started with X-Cart? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What are some best X-Cart coupon codes? Is there any website offering Xcart coupons?

Thank you for your time!

The following user thanks Ed B. for this useful post:
nfc5382 (02-16-2024)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)