Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How do i remove the lines from the tables in the frontage

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 06-09-2015, 12:56 PM

Default How do i remove the lines from the tables in the frontage

Hi on my store in the tables i have put on the main page as a guide for my images it's showing up lines.

i have tried setting the border to 0 i have tried setting it to 1 with white (#FFFFFF) as the colour and nothing is working.

I want the tables to be guides only, not the actual table. I want the table to be invisible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 11.42.53 am.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	4180  
Old 06-10-2015, 07:05 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: How do i remove the lines from the tables in the frontage

Kimba,
It looks like you are using tables for layout. I would switch to CSS.

It's hard to see the problem and suggest a solution without a link to your page. Can you give us a link so we can see it?
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:24 PM

I uploaded a pic but you can view it at *hidden*
Old 06-11-2015, 03:03 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbaob
I uploaded a pic but you can view it at www.soycandleclub.com.au
Its very hard to read CSS code from a picture!

Your problem is caused by some very specific CSS being set, you are going to need to be more specific in order to override it.

Code:
table > thead > tr > th, table > tbody > tr > th, table > tfoot > tr > th, table > thead > tr > td, table > tbody > tr > td, table > tfoot > tr > td { /* border: 1px solid #c4c4c4; */ font-size: 12px; } table > thead > tr > th, table > tbody > tr > th, table > tfoot > tr > th, table > thead > tr > td, table > tbody > tr > td, table > tfoot > tr > td { padding: 12px; line-height: 1.42857143; vertical-align: top; /* border-top: 1px solid #c4c4c4; */ }

Those are the styles that are the problem. I have commented out the 2 lines that are causing the borders. Just fix this in your custom CSS.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru

Old 06-11-2015, 02:48 PM

Where do i put this code?

In the source code of the front page? or something more advanced. If so what file, where can i locate the file and under what heading to i paste it.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:20 AM

X-Guru

Kimba,
In X-Cart 5 you never change any of the core files. Rather you decorate them with your own custom module.

In this case of just adding some CSS, you can easily do this under System Settings-> Look and Feel -> Custom CSS.

XcartGuru

Old 06-12-2015, 02:49 PM

i did this but it's still the same. I pasted the code at the bottom of the CSS and still it's the same the lines are still there.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:34 AM

X-Guru

Kimba,
Try editing the CSS that I pointed out. In my example I had commented out the offending lines, but I had not provided code to override them. That is what you need to do.

Actually it sounds to me like you need to learn CSS in general before taking on this task.

I don't see your added CSS in the source code. I believe there is a box, "use custom CSS" that needs to be checked.

And in order for your CSS to take precedence over what already exists in the source code you must edit it and provide alternate instructions. You also might need to be more specific in order to override the existing CSS.

Here is an example. Try:
Code:
body table > thead > tr > th, table > tbody > tr > th, table > tfoot > tr > th, table > thead > tr > td, table > tbody > tr > td, table > tfoot > tr > td { border: 0; } body table > thead > tr > th, table > tbody > tr > th, table > tfoot > tr > th, table > thead > tr > td, table > tbody > tr > td, table > tfoot > tr > td { border-top: 0; }

XcartGuru

Old 06-13-2015, 02:10 PM

Hi i understand what you're saying but where do i paste that code under what in the Custom CSS from the Admin page because i paste it at the bottom under the heading

/** * The last element block in the New arrivals list (There is a link "All new products") */

But it don't seem to work. I don't understand why it's not simple to just remove these lines, if it says border 0 in the source code then I'm not sure why there is lines.

You have to understand we aren't all css masters so i would appreciate and I'm sure other people with this issue would appreciate that you perhaps baby us a little and help us to solve this problem.

It's ok to say just replace the code but that code isn't in the custom css in the first place.

So in Admin i go to Look and Feel > Custom CSS then i get a whole lot of code with brown headings.

Under what heading do i paste that code? Or what do i remove and replace.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:41 PM

X-Guru

Trust me, I am babying you.

Kimba, I completely understand your frustration. Working with this stuff is not easy. X-Cart makes it easier than anything else in my opinion, but even then it is difficult.

I have made you a video that takes you step by step through this process: http://youtu.be/bir1_EdpUX0

I even had to install a new copy of the cart so that I could be sure that we were looking at the same thing. So I am going the extra mile in order to help out.

Actually had to install the thing twice, I had an issue on my localhost with XC5 and had to install it on a Linux server in order to get the custom css page to load. That shows you how often I use the custom css! I never noticed it before. Usually I am writing CSS directly through my skin modules.

Hope that helps, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

XcartGuru

The following user thanks totaltec for this useful post:
qualiteam (06-15-2015)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)