Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Issues with IE - Internet Explorer

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 06-16-2014, 11:23 AM

Default Issues with IE - Internet Explorer

We've been having issues off and on with the new x-cart 5.1.x release and finally have a stable version that works in Chrome/Opera/Firefox etc...

but when it comes to IE the site displays only the mobile version and we have TONS of JS errors that prohibit customer purchase because it can't find the "default shipping" value.

The first seems like an easy enough work around in making it show as non-mobile. But what about the JS errors for shipping?

"Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; McAfee; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 19:20:06 UTC

Line: 5
Char: 26101
Code: 0
URI: http://sitename.com/var/resources/js/51c655c76f6bc6231ba0532fe5c7ff63b0934c1cc0a507e0c5 7bca0197068420.js?1402875751

"
Old 07-08-2015, 06:38 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Issues with IE - Internet Explorer

Bumping this thread since we're experiencing something very similar with clients being unable to place any items inside of their cart on our end. Mind you, they're using a very outdated IE9 and lower, so that would explain where the complications are coming from. However, in X-cart 5.1, these users were able to successfully browse the website if we had Aggregate CSS files Aggregate JS files checked on inside of performance. However, ever since we upgraded to 5.2.4, these IE users have not been able to purchase anything of our website.

This wouldn't be so much of a problem, however, a majority of our clients, sadly, use IE9 and lower. Would anyone happen to have any insight on how we can go about fixing this issue? It's going to be a problem with the CSS and JS no doubt, and the comparability settings on said browsers don't work (we've tried).

Edit:

Here's a snapshot from one of our clients of the error message they get while browsing the site. It's also reported that, despite what size their window is, it will always display the website in the mobile view mode.

http://i.imgur.com/CCFsAqw.png
Old 11-30-2015, 08:12 PM

Double bump... This indeed looks like yet another bug.

I am experiencing the same issue with XC5.2.10.
Using IE's emulater, it looks fine until version IE8 and earlier where the emulator will not finish loading the page due to errors. The older the computer/smaller the screen the worse the issue.

I'm also getting the mobile view 'sort of' loading or the main template minus pretty much all styles.

In additon, https://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/horizontal-flyout-categories-menu.html - does not work and is just a list of links.

Turning on Aggregate CSS files Aggregate JS files did not work for me. The whole template went crazy.

I'm currently paying xcart to look into these bugs (I had no other choice even despite they fact they are bugs!) so will add it onto my list of woes and see if I can someone to finally look at it for us.

XC5.2.10
Initmates template
Horizontal Flyout Categories
Old 12-01-2015, 07:38 AM

Advanced Member

It's a dead issue, unfortunately.

I spoke with one of the tech support staff via trouble ticket and they told me they dropped support for earlier versions of IE, despite it not being mentioned in the patch notes. If you want to have early IE, you're either going to have to code it yourself or you're going to need to pay them a substantial sum of money to code it for you.

Sadly, mention of dropped IE support was not listed in the patch notes for 5.2, so for those of us that deal with government workers who are stuck in '08 and below in terms of internet browsers, we were sort of dead in the water.

Fortunately, we were able to create an offline catalog via inDesign to have them order over the phone with. Kind of made me lose hope in x-cart to be honest when they told me they couldn't undo said changes, especially when it was something we didn't notice till some of our government customers complained a month later. It's hard to rollback a month's worth of business and added inventory.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:55 AM

Veteran

I don't know about XC5 but older IE versions (IE8 and below I believe) support was dropped in XC4 some time ago and it was announced.

Unfortunately for everyone in love with (or stuck with) IE this is a necessary move. You cannot have modern and up to date website if you want to support this browser and its nonsense. IE until recently is not a browser you can run HTML5/CSS3 on. The fault here is not on XC but MS. And it has been for decades.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:03 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
I don't know about XC5 but older IE versions (IE8 and below I believe) support was dropped in XC4 some time ago and it was announced.
X-Cart 5 has never actually supported IE9 and lower.
This has always been stated in our knowledge base.
* http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Installation+Guide#InstallationGuide-Browsercompatibility
Old 12-01-2015, 03:23 PM

You have to be kidding me...

XC5 just keeps getting better and better doesn't it! I have already lost so much money on this job due to all the bugs and issues and now it's going to cost even more...
Old 12-08-2015, 08:42 AM

So I do see in the docs that (at least now) it says that X-Cart only supports IE10+. Out of curiosity, how is it that the X-Cart 5 demo store doesn't break the way we see in our stores (same issues as described above in this thread)?
Old 01-11-2016, 04:55 PM

OK, I've manged to implement custom IE styles to make XC5 appear ok in IE8/9, I had to disable the minicart etc for IE but looks ok.... but the checkout still will not work properly.... no surprises there....

Having no old computers I am using IE's emulater... not sure if this is the problem....

I get all the way up to clicking "Place Order" to go to the Payment gateways (eWay and PayPal) and then it fails for IE8 (just refreshes the checkout page).

IE9 fails for eWay (just refreshes the checkout page), redirects for PayPal but the screen is greyed out with a white PAUSE symbol so you cannot type.

Has anyone got the XC5 checkout working in IE8/9? or does anyone know of a mod/work around to force purchase orders only for these users?

e.g. Show "Purchase Order" payment option for IE8/9 and hide all others.

UPDATE: eWay module does not work in IE edge either.... have reported to xcart... using css to hide faulty payment methods... not perfect but will do until xcart fix this issue.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:20 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz
UPDATE: eWay module does not work in IE edge either.... have reported to xcart... using css to hide faulty payment methods... not perfect but will do until xcart fix this issue.
I am sorry, but I don't think X-Cart 5 will ever support Internet Explorer 9 and lower.
So I wouldn't be hoping for such fix.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)