Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

MINIKART - Anyone know how this was made

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 10-26-2010, 09:26 AM

Advanced Member

Talking MINIKART - Anyone know how this was made

I noticed an excellent minikart http://www.fonefunshop.biz/ - Probably the best I have seen. I have contacted them a few times wondering how they created it or if they bought it, but I have had no answer.

Does anyone have any idea how to create a minicart like the one they are using OR if this is an addon module I can purchase somewhere. I have not seen this minicart and I have bought a couple that truly are not really any dig improvement.

This is a much sought after addition to the shopping process.

Thanks for any help

dhaworth
X-Cart 4.2.3
OnSale - from alteredcart.com - it just works!
Custom modifications by steve@cflsystems.com - he is terrific, always responds, reasonable fees
Using smart-template by xcartmods.co.uk because it takes seconds to make changes-looks fabulous-and Phil is responsive
Old 10-26-2010, 10:01 AM

Veteran

Default Re: MINIKART - Anyone know how this was made

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons. You can probably get that custom developed pretty inexpensively.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaworth
....Probably the best I have seen.....

Take a look and here. Probably will change your mind.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:59 AM

Advanced Member

hey dhaworth,

This is what your looking for:
http://www.xcartmod.com/cart/product/shopping-cart-and-checkout/ajax-add-to-cart.html
Old 10-26-2010, 12:57 PM

Advanced Member

Question Re: MINIKART - Anyone know how this was made

Thanks Jon

Have you any knowledge of the Xcart.mod and their ajax minicart. I went to their store but I could not find any sample stores to visit, nor a demo of any kind, nor a 30 day trial or 30 day refund or anything I could use to actually make a decision.

Also their store presents many errors when I click on buttons such as "see details" and such. Lots of blank 404 errors. Seems very unprofessional to me and certainly makes me wonder about the quality of their products if their store itself is not functioning properly.

dhaworth
Custom modifications by steve@cflsystems.com - he is terrific, always responds, reasonable fees
Using smart-template by xcartmods.co.uk because it takes seconds to make changes-looks fabulous-and Phil is responsive
Old 10-26-2010, 12:59 PM

Advanced Member

at to the cartonsteroids.com - I must be not able to understand the point of their product. I don't see a mini cart anywhere. I see the product they are offering and I checked out the websites that are in your post, but it would appear like the sites are basically using X-cart's main shopping cart. I see no mini cart of any kind.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:01 PM

Advanced Member

dhaworth.
I cannot verify the credibility or quality of the work at xcartmod.com but you asked where you could get that specific cart and that is who made it.

The cartonsteroids "minicart" is at the bottom of the screen and I did not notice it once I had products in my cart either until I looked around a bunch.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:03 PM

Advanced Member

After checking out lots of addon modules for mini carts I must admit I am disappointed. Most the sites I checked out seem to either not be able to get their mini carts to function properly, OR the stores themselves seem to be having trouble functioning. None have trials or 30 day refund notices that I could find.
Perhaps what I should be asking first is, what are other X-cart users experiencing? I have over the years bought a lot of addons and only three have every seemed to function without problems. The last thing I want is to have customers on my store and then not have the store function properly.

Are any other x-cart users actually using any mini cart modules with success and if you are, can you steer me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joncampbell
..The cartonsteroids "minicart" is at the bottom of the screen and I did not notice it once I had products in my cart either until I looked around a bunch.

Jon, lucky for us that we do usability changes for the client and not for you (or other x-cart heavy user).

We've tested our minicart on every implementation we've made with Google Website Optimizer and ALWAYS our minicart increase the conversion rate.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 AM

Advanced Member

Ok.. It took me a bit to figure it out, but I see it now. Do you have any sites though where the shopper is NOT taken to the full cart window. What happens if a customers selects a product AND x-cart it set to NOT take the customer to the full cart, but the customer remains on the same page?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4