Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Market Price Criteria

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 06-08-2010, 07:06 PM

Default Market Price Criteria

All my items have prices lower than the market price, however some items show market price with a strike through and others don't show market price at all.

What are the criteria for showing market price? I want to always show market price, how do I do that?

I have not edited my products.tpl or products_t.tpl

Thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 07:46 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Market Price Criteria

That is caused by entering a list price in the product details page and a lower price in the our price section.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:25 AM

Thanks for the reply hoosierglass, all my products have a lower price than the list price. Do you know of any other criteria other than that as I'm not getting market price on all of them. Does product age matter? You can see on the homepage that only two market prices are showing up even though all of those items meet market price criteria. http://www.LDSstock.com
Old 06-09-2010, 06:41 AM

X-Adept

As long as you have a list price that is lower than our price it should display just like the top two rings, unless you have changed the products_t.tpl file.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:41 AM

Veteran

Are you using Variants for the others? If so, the list price won't matter for those products.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:48 AM

@hoosierglass - I know! That's the reason for the thread. It SHOULD be displaying for all, but it's not.

@balinor - the artwork uses variants. But no product variants on the other items on the homepage, just product options. So variants don't show market price b/c each variant can have it's own price, correct?

Any other ideas? I am loading the top three via the featured items function and the bottom nine via the bestsellers function. However I've been calling those via the bestsellers function for a while, and the market price used to be there. That's why I thought maybe there was a product age criteria that after the product has been around a year, stop showing market price. Anyone know how I can change products.tpl to always show market price? Aka remove the check for price being lower than list price?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 PM

Unhappy Re: Market Price Criteria

So does anyone know why market price would stop showing?
Old 07-04-2010, 05:04 AM

Advanced Member

Here is just a thought as I had the same problem today...perhaps it will work for you.

Since there are so many places to enter prices, just make sure you are on the correct field...

Go to Products Management and search for the product...DO NOT change the price you sell the item for here (it will revert back to the initial price.) Click on the product you want to change the price for. You will then get the product details section and well as all the links above for options, variants, etc. Make sure you have the Market Price (so the higher price) when you scroll down to List Price. Make sure to save it.

Now click on the Product Variants link above and on the far right make sure this is the price you are selling it for (so the lower price.) Click on Update. Then that very first price you saw at the very beginning should now reflect the lower price.

Now you should be able to refresh your screen in the Customer View of your catalog and hopefully this fixes it for you. Again, I had the same issue today as I didn't have the correct prices in the correct fields.

One final thought, if perhaps in your variants you have two different prices make sure you select a default item (likely the lower price) in the variants section. If one of your items happens to be higher or equal to the market price then you will not see the market price. I had that issue, too as some of our items would "premium" and a higher price and due to their color code they would be the first item showing (and at a higher price.)

Perhaps it won't solve it for you, but it was worth a shot as there are so many fields in X-cart and sometimes you can easily overlook one. Sorry this is so long-winded.
X-Cart 4.5.4
hosted by handsonwebhosting.com (and I LOVE them!)
Old 07-06-2010, 08:42 AM

Hey Sara, thanks for the ideas. I've tried changing the market price by a penny and re-saving, I've checked the only place I know of having the price in 4.1 and my list price is lower than market price. No variants. Still no price saving is showing up on certain items, on other items it is showing properly. This is very aggravating not being able to control my cart software.
Price ($) List price ($)
Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 AM

Looks like that copy and paste didn't show properly:"Price: 17.95, List Price: 19.95"
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design