Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Possible to email wishlist?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 PM

Advanced Member

Default Possible to email wishlist?

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out a way to have pre-configured product options in a wishlist which we can forward to customers looking for specific configurations.

We have highly configurable products and being able to have pre-configured setups which can be emailed to customers would be fantastic.

Any ideas?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Possible to email wishlist?

Still looking for a solution here. I need a way to have a pre-configured link so when a user clicks it, the product page pulls up with a pre-selected group of options already in place. The user could then alter them as normal but the defaults would vary depending on how we initially configured the "bundle link".

Racking my brain on how to do this in a straight forward manner but no simple solution has presented itself yet.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:06 PM

X-Wizard

I don't think there is a simple solution for this. It sounds like you want to pass the options selected to the product page from variables in the URL.

In the default X-CART setup - the options are stored in javascript variables. So, to do what you want, you would need to modify the php to get the variables you want selected from a URL, then use Smarty to pass those variables to the javascript to initialize the options you want selected. X-CART now initializes the selected options in the javascript based on the first option in stock - so you would have to modify that javascript to instead get the selected variables by matching something it found in the URL to what it found in the database. It probably could be done, but it sounds fairly complex. The existing code that retrieves the variants/options from the database and sets them to javascript variables is not the easiest to understand.

Hopefully some one will post something clever that is easier and that you and I are missing!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:52 PM

X-Wizard

Hi airntam -

Just saw this post - what about sending an add-to-cart link instead of a link to a product page? If you follow Brian's directions - you can provide an add-to-cart link with the options and variants already selected.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design