Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 rc3 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-20-2006, 01:17 PM

eXpert

hi angelo,

i had the same with fashion skin.
I have deinstalled the skin and aom module. Then upgraded to RC 3

After that installed the modules again, and it worked for me....

Using: X-cart 4.5.4
AT: http://www.weckonline.com LIVE
Old 03-20-2006, 01:30 PM

Advanced Member

Hi guys!

I have installed the RC3 version and I can not seem to log in using the master user. Anyone else having this issue? Everything seemed to install just fine and I can see all of the pages but I just cant login.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:52 PM

Weckie, Thanks a bunch! Worked like a charm!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:05 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
Hi everyone, I downloaded the upgrade patch to go from rc2 to rc3. In my files section where I downloaded from, I had both the X-AOM and My skins template checked, so I assumed that the file that was downloaded from here included updates to X-AOM and My templates. Although, when I go apply the patch I get the following error:

Your shop has installed following module(s): Advanced Order Management, but necessary patches are not included in this upgrade pack

Your shop has installed skin layout: neon_lights_music, but necessary patches were not included in this upgrade pack

Anyone?

It was an issue with downloading upgrade patches from the Help Desk and it has been fixed. Thank you.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:57 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative xpress
Hi guys!

I have installed the RC3 version and I can not seem to log in using the master user. Anyone else having this issue? Everything seemed to install just fine and I can see all of the pages but I just cant login.

Thanks!

I had the same problem. i had to register as a customer and change the usertype to P in the database.

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 03-21-2006, 07:50 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks Shan I will give it a try!
Old 03-22-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative xpress
I can not seem to log in using the master user.

I ran into the same issue. When you ask to "recover password" it looks like it's encyrpted.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Hi guys!

Thanks!

I had the same issues with RC1 and RC2. X-Cart said:

Quote:
We have done some investigation and found out that the issue was related to Blowfish encryption procedure and the version of PHP used by your hosting provider. The Blowfish ecryption procedure uses binary operations like '&', '|' and '>>'. We knew that these operations were processed incorrectly by PHP internals in some PHP versions, so in X-Cart 4.1.0 RC2 there was a check-up in include/blowfish.php that made X-Cart use a special wrapper if the version of PHP being used matched one of the problem PHP version numbers.

The PHP version used by your hosting provider (PHP 4.4.1) was not on our list of problem versions, but it also did not process the above mentioned operations correctly. That caused the error you encountered. We were not sure as to the existance of other PHP versions which may cause trouble, so we decided to improve the check-up by changing its condition:

After making the necessary corrections to your X-Cart RC2, we reinstalled it successfully, so now you can use it for testing again.

RC3 now also works fine for me since the fix. Perhaps the fix found problems in other php versions?
Old 03-22-2006, 05:53 PM

Do you know what the versions with problems are?

I'm running php 4.3.11

I don't want to change version, because I have close to 20 live sites on my server.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:37 PM

X-Cart team

Here is the result of our investigation (thanks to Shan who provided the details of the problem):

X-Cart's blowfish ecryption procedure uses binary operations like '&', '|' and '>>'. We discovered that these operations were processed incorrectly by PHP internals in some PHP verions (4.0.6, 5.0.2), so we implemented a check-up in include/blowfish.php of X-Cart 4.1.0 RC2 and RC3 that made X-Cart use a special wrapper if the version of PHP being used matched one of the problem PHP version numbers. Investigating the request, we discovered that the issue was also related to such extentions as Zend Optimizer (which was used on the server on the problem case) and, possibly, to some other accelerators as well.

We corrected the check-up procedure so that a wrapper is now used if a string first encrypted and then decrypted does not turn out the same as the authentic string. This check-up is performed once per user session when blowfish encryption routine is called. Unfortunately, using a wrapper requires about twice as much time as the standard procedure.

Please find attached to this message a patch file "patch.diff". It should fix the issue on RC3.

If you choose to apply these changes, please let me know the results.

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: diff patch_298.diff (2.9 KB, 7 views)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements