Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-03-2006, 12:53 PM

OK...
So I purchased and installed this mod and thought everything was good, until I tried to add a new product. Now I get this error, only in the catagory where the new product was added.
Quote:
Fatal error: Smarty error: thumb: parameter 'file' cannot be empty and must exist in /home/athlete/public_html/Smarty-2.6.9/Smarty.class.php on line 1088
I think that my problem is that I also have DSEFU mod and the instructions where a little vague when installing along with this and apparently they modify some of the same tpl files.
I can't see the "new" product in the store, however I can see it in the admin panel.
I did email TelaFirma, just wondering if anyone has any ideas in the meantime?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:13 PM

eXpert

I just purchased this mod last night and installed it on an xc 4.0.16 site that already had the DSEFU mod. All is working perfectly fine. Just tested adding new products without any issue.

So far, the mod is very cool. I installed it, uploaded images for about a dozen products (each with extra detailed images), and played around with the configurations...all in <2 hours. It's going to save me a lot of time in the future.

Thanks Telafirma!
Old 02-03-2006, 01:54 PM

Advanced Member

Anyone spoken with the Stephen recently? He hasn't responded to any of emails in the last weeks.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:57 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4less
Anyone spoken with the Stephen recently? He hasn't responded to any of emails in the last weeks.
He sent me an email last night to deliver the mod files.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I just purchased this mod last night and installed it on an xc 4.0.16 site that already had the DSEFU mod. All is working perfectly fine. Just tested adding new products without any issue.

So it's obviously me...

Mustang~ Did you notice any discrepancies in the instructions compared to what you actually had?
Old 02-03-2006, 04:09 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger82nd
Quote:

So it's obviously me...

Mustang~ Did you notice any discrepancies in the instructions compared to what you actually had?
In steps 6 thru 10, it says comment out "x" and replace with "y". In some of those steps there are more than one occurence of "x" in the file. Be sure to replace all instances of "x" with "y".

How are you commenting out those lines? You may want to just backup those original files, and use copies of the originals to work with....then you can just delete those lines and replace them. Take it step by step and it should work in the end.

Telafirma does offer installation services on the mod for a small fee.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:00 AM

Update:

Stephan found a "bug" in the x-cart software when using his mod. It has to do with the way the script handles the conversion of storing images in the database to converting them to the "file system" image storage. Hopefully he will be along to explain things far better then me, but he's on the case and already has a resolution to the problem!

GREAT customer service is a thing of beauty!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:42 PM

Advanced Member

Seems like he is ignoring me.. anyone solve the black background issue on some of the images?
Old 02-07-2006, 09:27 AM

Not trying to defend, but...

I get the feeling he has been really busy. I also believe that he is working on a few "issues" in a revision to the script. Maybe your "issue" will be taken care of in the re-work, give him a little time to complete it. I know he's using my site to test a few things out.

Of couse, I could be totally off base and he's just ignoring you.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:42 AM

does anyone know what this error means?

I cant seem to get a hold of Stephen.

I get the following message in the pop-up when I click on the detail image thumbnail.
----------------------------------
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mydomain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.mydomain.com Port 80
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4