Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

My Account Login

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 08-07-2007, 10:40 AM

Veteran

Default Re: My Account Login

You still need all the other files, that one is only one piece of the mod.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 AM

Advanced Member

Question Re: My Account Login

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
You still need all the other files, that one is only one piece of the mod.

I just want to make sure I am understanding this correct - so if I use the already made login_form.tpl.....

I could just in skin1/help/index.tpl insert
{if $section eq "Login"}
{include file="main/login_form.tpl"}

and change the if statement on password recovery to elseif.

Then simply put a call to help.php?section=Login on the menu bar where I want it.

Now I want a page that is a portal for all account actions, ie - view/edit profile, view orders, view wishlist, view gift certificates (used/unused), view customer rewards (after I pay for that mod)....so if I create that page, I could have the new login page redirect to this account portal after a successful login.

Am I missing anything?

Sassy
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 AM

Veteran

Yes, that is what this mod will do if you install all of the pieces (menu_profile_mod.tpl, auth_mod.tpl, etc). You will also need to edit the php file that controls the redirects, which I provided a link for a few posts back.

When the user logs in, they get redirected to the 'my account' page with links to all the major account management items. If they have an item in their cart, they get redirected to their cart.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:38 AM

Advanced Member

Talking Re: My Account Login

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Yes, that is what this mod will do if you install all of the pieces (menu_profile_mod.tpl, auth_mod.tpl, etc). You will also need to edit the php file that controls the redirects, which I provided a link for a few posts back.

When the user logs in, they get redirected to the 'my account' page with links to all the major account management items. If they have an item in their cart, they get redirected to their cart.

Maybe I'm not stating clearly my thinking - I understand what *this* mod will do, I am just wondering if instead of uploading new files, could I use the file that is already in x-cart. [less storage on the server that way - also less editing as the files included in the zipped archive still have the css styling of the vertmenuitems.....where as this login_form.tpl already is styled for being in the main area.]

If this is correct, then my help/index instead of saying {include file="help/Login.tpl"} it could say {include file="main/login_form.tpl"} and then the only NEW file would be the menu_profile_mod.tpl. to which I would modify further by adding the wishlist and gift certificate info.

As for the redirect in the include/register.php - I'm not quite sure I understand it (I'm going off of the file that Jayk just updated today).....I don't see any reference to the menu_profile_mod.tpl in that redirect.

Sassy
Old 08-07-2007, 11:42 AM

Veteran

Sassy...you are making this more complicated than it has to be. Install the mod per the zip file, follow the link I posted to edit the php file and you are done. If you want to use the existing login template instead of the custom one, then just replace the include as you mention. You still need all the other files.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:16 PM

Advanced Member

Ok - I did it....as instructed. I still want the menu_profile_mod to look a bit different.

How do I add the profile info before the button that says modify profile? Not the boxes where they can fill it in, but just info so they can easily verify that it is correct.

And then instead of a link for order history - I want it to list like the last oh about 10 orders.

I also want to add the wishlist and gift certificate info.

And once they are logged in, how do I get the logout link to show and a greeting that says something about them being logged in.

Sassy
Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassicat
Ok - I did it....as instructed. I still want the menu_profile_mod to look a bit different.

How do I add the profile info before the button that says modify profile? Not the boxes where they can fill it in, but just info so they can easily verify that it is correct.

And then instead of a link for order history - I want it to list like the last oh about 10 orders.

I also want to add the wishlist and gift certificate info.

And once they are logged in, how do I get the logout link to show and a greeting that says something about them being logged in.

Sassy

I'm working on doing some of this. If someone gets it done before me, maybe they could post here.

Jason
Old 08-08-2007, 09:49 AM

Advanced Member

Talking Re: My Account Login

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayk
I'm working on doing some of this. If someone gets it done before me, maybe they could post here.

Jason

Ok - for the first time I am going to contribute something

For the customer details, I found in modules/Fast_Lane_Checkout a file named customer_details_html.tpl

I copied over to the skin1 directory (so it is in the same directory as the menu_profile_mod.tpl.

In menu_profile_mod.tpl after {capture name=menu}
I inserted
{include file="customer_details_html.tpl"}

I then cleaned up the new customer_details_html.tpl so that it didn't take up quite so much space on the page. If I did it right, there should be a jpg of the screen shot of my newly edited customer profile.

I also moved the call for the auth_box_mod.tpl.....I thought it would be better at the top.....so on help/Login.tpl (first TD is the authbox, second is now the menu profile)

Replace the last table with
<TR>
<TD width="50%">{ include file="authbox_mod.tpl" }</TD>
</TR>
<TD width="50%">{ include file="menu_profile_mod.tpl" }</TD></tr>
</TABLE>

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Customer Profile.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	506  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:18 AM

eXpert

I have updated the zip file in post 75 of this thread with some changes thanks to sassicat.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 09-22-2007, 05:42 PM

Advanced Member

I'm getting an error that Smarty can't read menu_mod.tpl.......I see this referenced in your auth_mod.tpl, but no mention of it in your instructions.

Also, if I put the references in help/index.tpl as listed in your instructions, I don't even make it as far as the above error because I get an unclosed {elseif} error
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions