Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Can't Find Templates to Update X-Payments Pages

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 09-04-2014, 03:43 PM

Advanced Member

Default Can't Find Templates to Update X-Payments Pages

Hello,

I updated the design of my website and now I want the X-Payments pages to match.

I found the CSS file under public/templates/default.css and this changed the background color of the page that takes the cc info.

However, there are two other pages that are part of X-Payments that I want to change:

1. the page that briefly appears AFTER you choose the payment method but BEFORE you get the the cc entry page.

2. the page that appears after you enter the cc info and it says, "Order Processing."

I can neither find the CSS file for these pages and I can't find the html file for all 3 pages.

I was told by X-Cart that the template files are located as follows:

XPay_templates - the HTML files
templates - the CSS / image files

The html files that I found don't seem to be the ones on my site. There's no title tag on these pages and I added my own text on the cc entry page and I don't see it in any of the html files which are as follows:

default.html, lite.html. xcart.html.

For ex. this is what is in the default.html file (which X-cart told me should be the cc entry page):

<!-- HEADER
vim: set ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 et:
SVN: $Id$
-->
<div class="container">
<div class="header-line"></div>
<div class="content">
<div class="header"></div>
<template />
</div>
</div>

Please help me find these templates. I just want to change the background to white and change some words on the page.

Thanks.

Risa
Old 09-08-2014, 06:48 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Can't Find Templates to Update X-Payments Pages

Risa, sorry for the delay with the answer. As far as I can see, you operate with X-Cart 4.0.19 and X-Payments 1.0.6, the credit card form is displayed on the separate page. There are two points of modifying the interface of the credit card submit form.

The first points is the credit card form itself, i.e. the text fields for card number, cardholder name, expiration date etc. You cannot change the content of this form, it's displayed via the X-Payments core. However, you can change its appearance with the help of the corresponding CSS file. The CSS file is located in the <xp-dir>/public/templates/ directory, its name matches the name of the template: default.css, lite.css etc.

The second point is the layout of the page. It's contained in the HTML files in the <xp-dir>/lib/XPay/Templates directory. You can modify these files so that the "separate" page looks like your store, e.g. add logo, header and footer. Make sure that all the content images are loaded by HTTPS protocol (i.e. images URL's start with https://) to prevent the warnings of insecure content.

The credit card form in these files is replaced with the <template/> tag. When the page is displayed the form is substituted instead of this tag, so you should not remove it.

And to answer your questions.

Quote:
1. the page that briefly appears AFTER you choose the payment method but BEFORE you get the the cc entry page.

This page is displayed by the store, not X-Payments. By default the code which displays that "brief" page is in the <xc-dir>/payment/cc_xpc.php file.

Quote:
2. the page that appears after you enter the cc info and it says, "Order Processing."

As far as I can understand, you mean the "The payment is complete. Returning to the store..." text. It's displayed by X-Payments, you can change its appearance via CSS file corresponding to the template (in the same way as the credit card form). And the same way for the "Payment is being processed. Please wait..." block which is displayed on the top of the page right after the credit card is submitted and the page is faded out.

P.S. Make sure you approve any changes in the X-Payments template files! X-Payments has an internal protection which doesn't allow process payments until the changes are approved by the admin.

The following user thanks joss for this useful post:
ambal (09-09-2014)
Old 09-09-2014, 06:54 AM

Advanced Member

Hi Joss,

Thanks so much for your reply. REgarding this issue:

"As far as I can understand, you mean the "The payment is complete. Returning to the store..." text. It's displayed by X-Payments, you can change its appearance via CSS file corresponding to the template (in the same way as the credit card form). And the same way for the "Payment is being processed. Please wait..." block which is displayed on the top of the page right after the credit card is submitted and the page is faded out."

I was able to change the appearance, but where do I change the words? On my site it says, "Transaction is complete. Returning to store." It does NOT say "Payment is being processed. Please wait..."

I would prefer that it say, ""Payment is being processed. Please wait..." because this message appears whether the transaction is successful or not, so if someone enters a wrong cc#, I do not want it to say, "Transaction is complete."

Thanks.

Risa
Old 09-09-2014, 04:52 PM

X-Cart team

You are always welcome.

This message could be changed with the help of the translating feature: http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:Translating_the_User_Interface_/_Editing_Text_Labels

You should upload the labels.csv file to the <xp-dir>/lib/XPay/Templates/ directory. It should contain this line:

Code:
The payment is complete. Returning to the store...,;Payment is being processed. Please wait...;en
Old 09-11-2014, 04:57 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Joss, Thanks. I just want to confirm. I can copy that line exactly as you typed it and I won't screw anything up or overwrite something else?

Thanks, Risa
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions