Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

Hi, I used Lightbox2 instead as that seems fine in IE.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:38 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Does anyone know how to get shadowbox working in IE7 with this module??

You did not provide any information about what you mean by "not working". You do need to know about the patch in this thread to get rid of javascript errors in IE7 with the shadowbox.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:09 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtraction
Do not buy this mod!! There is a better, free solution.

We purchased this mod from Stephen just before he disappeared. His irritating copy protection was preventing us from putting the site live, much to our client's annoyance. After two weeks of emails and phone calls (got his phone number via whois and Google), we gave up. We then had the task of solving this problem ourselves.

Because we had his partially functional module, we kept his admin interface. This could also be rewritten from scratch or even hardcoded but because of time constraints, we just went with what we had. We also had to make some minor changes to the templates, passing in relative image paths.

Replacing function.thumb.php was the main concern. As a closed-source document, we weren't quite sure what it did or how it worked. Some searching turned up what is probably the document that Stephen modified and encrypted. It is a smarty plugin, but since X-Cart is built on smarty it integrated perfectly:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/thumb-imp/

Check out the parameters in the source document. It has a lot of features that Couch's module doesn't have, though it is missing other features, ones that we simply didn't want. The main thing, the important thing, is that it generates thumbnails on the fly and caches the images.

So, as a newbie, I downloaded the two .php files but what do I do with them? Am I replacing the function.thumb.php file I have now with the new one? I am confused! Also, Telefirma's says that it handles all needed image sizes for a product. Does this product do this too or does it just make thumbnails?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:20 AM

eXpert

Hi rtraction,

I have been caught as well with this mod, I would be willing to donate something to get the complete list of changes I need to make to get this working again, we have two sites that are now broken due to this and I've had to remove the mod in the short term.

Please PM me if this is an option.

Cheers

Tony
One Page Checkout, On-Sale, Dynamic Images ++++ Loads of others.
+ 2 Multi Domain stores on 4.1.9
Old 07-24-2008, 05:29 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix the category image issue? I am unable to get category images to upload?
MySQL server 4.1.19
Web server Apache
Operation system Linux
Old 07-24-2008, 07:14 AM

Hi

im sorry i have to use the forums to get my message across, but i have left a few messages with telafirma and no one has got back to me, if anyone from telafirma is reading this can you please provide some assisstance. i purchased the dynamic image generator and attempted to install it on our x cart (version 4.1.10), i got as far as applying the SQL patch and then was a SQL error. now if i go back to get the error again, it says

Quote:
SQL query:
INSERT INTO `xcart_languages`
VALUES ( 'US', 'module_name_Dynamic_Images', 'Dynamic Images', 'Modules'
)

MySQL said:
#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

i looked at the xcart_modules table and seems to contain the first line of the SQL patch has gone through, so some of the SQL patch has gone through.

can someone please help me or can some from TELAFIRMA get in touch with me.

thanks
Old 07-24-2008, 07:35 AM

eXpert

Change the SQL patch to:

INSERT INTO `xcart_config` VALUES ('di_product_image_width', 'Image width on Product Page', '200', 'Dynamic_Images', 10, 'numeric', '200', '', '');

Then it should work for 4.1.10

Studio 57 Designs - X-Cart Customization
Providing X-Cart Services since 2004
Hottest Blog Directory - Submit Your Blog for a Free Listing
Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 AM

Hi

thanks for the reply, i think as the patch has been partially applied, just changing one line will not do the trick. i can look at each statement on the patch and delete, so a working patch can be run again.

are there any other changes i need to make?

thanks for your help, telafirma seem to be useless.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:54 PM

As mentioned in an earlier post, after TelaFirma disappeared, we needed to update their module to work with any domain. This involves downloading the free smarty image function and changing some of Dynamic Images code.

Download thumb_imp:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=205464

This archive has two files: function.thumb.php and function.thumb_imp.php.
They go in: /include/templater/plugins/
There is an existing function.thumb.php file in this folder. Rename or replace that file. If you open function.thumb_imp.php, you can see the code.

There are a number of new parameters that you may want to take advantage of. We need to update the Dynamic_Images code to work with this module. The main problem is the file parameter.

/include/func/func.product.php

replace line 637:
Code:
$result[$key]["tmbn_url"] = func_get_image_url($value['productid'], 'T', $value['image_path']);

with:
Code:
$result[$key]["tmbn_url"] = $value['image_path'];

/skin1/modules/Dynamic_Images/product_image.tpl

replace line 41:
Code:
<a rel="{$rel}" href="{thumb file=$product.tmbn_url width=$config.Dynamic_Images.di_detail_popup_width linkonly="Y"}" title="{$product.product}" class="NoBorder"> {thumb file=$product.tmbn_url width=$config.Dynamic_Images.di_product_image_width alt=$product.product|escape class=NoBorder id="mainphoto"} </a>

with:
Code:
<a rel="{$rel}" href="{$product.tmbn_url_T}" title="{$product.product}" target="_blank"> {thumb file=$product.image_path_T width=$config.Dynamic_Images.di_product_image_width alt=$product.product|escape class=NoBorder id="mainphoto"} </a>

replace line 86:
Code:
<a href="{thumb file=$v.image_url width=$config.Dynamic_Images.di_detail_popup_width linkonly="Y"}" title="{$product.product}" rel="{$rel}" class="NoBorder"> {thumb file=$v.image_url width=$config.Dynamic_Images.di_detail_thumb_width alt=$product.product|escape class=Thumbnail}

with:
Code:
<a href="{$v.image_url}" title="{$v.productcode}" rel="{$rel}" class="NoBorder" target="_blank"> {thumb file=$v.image_path_W width=$config.Dynamic_Images.di_detail_thumb_width alt=$v.productcode|escape class=Thumbnail}

replace line 113:
Code:
<a href="{thumb file=$images[image].image_path width=$config.Dynamic_Images.di_detail_popup_width linkonly="Y"}" title="{$images[image].alt}" rel="{$rel}" class="NoBorder">

with:
Code:
<a rel="{$rel}" href="{$images[image].image_path}" target="_blank">

/skin1/modules/Dynamic_Images/product_thumbnail.tpl
This isn't necessary, but we wanted to use the longside parameter in the new function. You can pass any parameters in that are defined in thumb_imp.

replace line 20:
Code:
{thumb file=$tmbn_url width=$image_x special=$special load=$load email=$email class=$class alt=$alt id=$id name=$name}

with:
Code:
{thumb file=$tmbn_url longside=$image_x width=$image_x special=$special load=$load email=$email class=$class alt=$alt id=$id name=$name}

/skin1/customer/main/cart.tpl

replace line 27:
Code:
{include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/product_offer_thumb.tpl" product=$products[product]}

with:
Code:
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$imageid image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].image_path type=$products[product].is_pimage}

There may be information missing here; let us know and we'll update this post.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:43 AM

Hi

thanks for the info! i am just in the process of updating my files, i wanted to ask you if there was any database modifications that need to be carried out?

also as the SQL patch was the first stage and i couldnt complete that i did not carry out the rest of the installational instructions for the dynamic mod, shall i carry out the rest of the steps for the mod? (editing all the templates)?

thanks
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4