Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

modifying search

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-18-2002, 12:25 PM

Advanced Member

Default modifying search

I'm tring to add a few options to the searching box that is provided. I have already made it so it will search some of the params that I have added to the product table, but this only works for searches done with the provided search box. I tried adding a drop down which would be incorporated into the seach but I'm getting this error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mysite/xcart/config.php on line 293

This is how I modified the code on search.php:

Code:
$search_query = "(products.product like '%$substring%' or products.descr like '%$substring%' or products.productcode like '%$substring%' or products.param05 like '%$substring%' or products.fulldesc like '%$substring%') and categories.category like '$search_category%' and products.forsale='Y' and products.param04 = '$selGenre' group by products.product";

I added the "and products.param04 = '$selGenre' " part.
I am planning on adding an advanced search page but this was a first temp step. Any thoughts would be appriciated.

thanks
Ryan
Old 10-21-2002, 01:30 PM

X-Guru

What version of x-cart are you using?
Old 10-22-2002, 05:43 AM

Advanced Member

version 3.1.3
Old 10-23-2002, 08:26 AM

Advanced Member

Well I figured out my problem and of course it was just one of those dumb mistakes. If you notice in my code above i have "products.fulldesc" but it should be "products.fulldescr". That's what you get when you change two things at once. So if anyone is interested here is how I modified the search box code (atleast the query in search.php) "selGenre" is the name of my drop down box.
Code:
if ($selGenre == 'all'){ $search_query = "(products.product like '%$substring%' or products.descr like '%$substring%' or products.productcode like '%$substring%' or products.param05 like '%$substring%' or products.fulldescr like '%$substring%') and categories.category like '$search_category%' and products.forsale='Y' group by products.product"; #echo $selGenre; } else { $search_query = "(products.product like '%$substring%' or products.descr like '%$substring%' or products.productcode like '%$substring%' or products.param05 like '%$substring%') and products.param04 like '$selGenre%' and categories.category like '$search_category%' and products.forsale='Y' group by products.product"; }

In order for the pages beyond the first page of results you also need to change this code on search.php:
Code:
$smarty->assign("navigation_script","search.php?substring=".urlencode($substring)."&in_category=$in_category&selGenre=$selGenre");
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design