Xcart 3.5.0 - Sneak Preview

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-30-2003, 02:51 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsondeals
Gift Registry Add-on Module, huh?

I am not even going to go there. I smell a fish..........

Opportunistic ...*%&$#%

They can't wait to undercut those who funded the mod to life!

I am pissed

Glen

I thought that it will be good news for ones who funded the mod because they will receive the mod, the mod will be supported in the newer versions so all of you will be able to upgrade and you will also receive it for price lower than originally specified, so all of you will receive partial refunds. As far as I understand, this is a good news, but if there is something not seem to be good to you. please e-mail to feedback@x-cart.com (please include "Attn: Ruslan R. Fazlyev") and we will provide you with more details.

Twitter: @aznakai
Old 10-30-2003, 03:08 AM

X-Man

That's all fine and dandy, but who wants to keep paying for a mod to keep it up to date? The idea is for X-Cart to pay to develop it's software, not it's user base.

Especially I am assuming that the Module is going to be similar in pricing structure to the other "add-ons" currently available. That's another licence fee for each of the bridal registry users after they already paid to develop the product. At the very least they should get the upgrades for free.

My understanding was that Lite Ecommerce was going to be modular based and X-Cart would be a full-featured e-commerce system.

I think all of the improvements are great but it is hard to see this as anything but a cash grab. Just like X-configurator. which should honestly be a part of the core software. X-Cart is great because it is affordable and the feature set is great. If you have to buy the software and then add 1 and 1 half times the base price to get the functions of all of the modules, then that is starting to get a little silly.

Raise the X-Cart licence price and add some of these features back in.

Just my 2 cents but this has made me wary of who does my development and what they can do with mods I fund.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:22 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpboss
That's all fine and dandy, but who wants to keep paying for a mod to keep it up to date? The idea is for X-Cart to pay to develop it's software, not it's user base.

Especially I am assuming that the Module is going to be similar in pricing structure to the other "add-ons" currently available. That's another licence fee for each of the bridal registry users after they already paid to develop the product. At the very least they should get the upgrades for free.
My understanding was that Lite Ecommerce was going to be modular based and X-Cart would be a full-featured e-commerce system.
I think all of the improvements are great but it is hard to see this as anything but a cash grab. Just like X-configurator. which should honestly be a part of the core software. X-Cart is great because it is affordable and the feature set is great. If you have to buy the software and then add 1 and 1 half times the base price to get the functions of all of the modules, then that is starting to get a little silly.

Just my 2 cents but this has made me wary of who does my development and what they can do with mods I fund.

The mod updates will be available (free of charge) to all of the people currently participating in the project. It is not a problem at all to release this mod into the main branch of X-Cart but I thought that it would be unfair if the ones who ordered those mods would pay 100% price, and all others would get it for free. That's why I am thinking about releasing the mod as a separate add-on that would cost LOWER than $90, then refunding the difference between the add-on price and the original price paid. This would result in all interested customers having the software for LOWER price and having it well supported (i.e. compatible with future releases) at the same time. As I said before, it is absolutely not a problem to include the code in the main branch. You decide. (I think that this discussion should continue in the original "Bridal Registry" thread in the wish list section).

Old 10-30-2003, 03:22 AM

X-Man

Quote:

leave the price the same please

Are you saying this will be for sale as a bolt on module for x-carts RRF?
If so will a module need to be purchased for each xcart licence?
Old 10-30-2003, 03:24 AM

X-Man

Thank you for your attention to this RRF.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:29 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydunk
Quote:

leave the price the same please

Are you saying this will be for sale as a bolt on module for x-carts RRF?
If so will a module need to be purchased for each xcart licence?

Yes, but this will not affect the ones who started the project.

Old 10-30-2003, 03:48 AM

X-Man

Old 10-30-2003, 04:16 AM

X-Man

Guys, stop asking for everything to be put into x-cart for the base price!

It's already feature packed, if you need the extra ability just buy the add on mod, it's not really x-cart cashing in it's simply the way things work.

A global package would be great where you get x-affiliate, x-configurator, x-gift mod etc at a special price when you first purchase the software if you really want everything.

Since we're talking about mods, I would love to see a new version of x-affiliate things like being able to see who is your

- top affiliates are
- who generates you the most sales
- who gets you the most click throughs etc etc

It's about time that module received some upgrades!

I've been following the gift registry module saga, I think it's a good thing that x-cart will continually develop and support it, but it really should be made clear at the start of projects like that who owns the rights to the code for each project looks like there's a little confusion there

If you want to own the code to something you must make it clear that all rights are assigned over to you on completion of payment for the work otherwise it belongs to the company that created it. Intellectual property rights can get down right messy on things like that if it's not stated clearly from project outset.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements