Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-24-2014, 04:30 PM

Default Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

As I said, we greatly changed our implementation - both template files and logic in the php files. What we did is not what you need to know. It will work "out of the box", but only with a goodly amount of fiddling. Sorry I can't be of more help. My point here is this is not really a Reboot problem.

AlteredCart Checkout One, Checkout One Tools & Checkout One Payments
AlteredCart SmartSearch & Search by Filters
AlteredCart On Sale
CDSEO
xCMS
BCS Point of Sale, Pre-order / Back Order
Magnetic One's Autoresponder

Heavily modified
Old 07-26-2014, 01:57 AM

X-Guru

There is a fix for the Mailchimp newsletter subscription form in the template footer, which I have attached. (skin/reboot/custom/footer/footer_NS.tpl)
Attached Files
File Type: tpl footer_NS.tpl (2.7 KB, 12 views)

The following user thanks PhilJ for this useful post:
designguru (07-28-2014)
Old 07-28-2014, 11:13 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
There is a fix for the Mailchimp newsletter subscription form in the template footer, which I have attached. (skin/reboot/custom/footer/footer_NS.tpl)

Thanks. I exchanged the files but it doesn't work. Also when I disable the active news list signups from news management. The mailchimp module also breaks the news part on the reboot homepage. Disappears completely. Also captcha would not be needed when mailchimp module active as there is another catpcha from mailchimp itself.

Breadcrumbs
I've found that the breadcrumbs - also on your demos - are getting shifted and are not displayed correctly when resizing. Text shows below each other

Home >
Books

Ticket
I also sent you a ticket as your requested for the menu issue some time ago.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:15 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman
As I said, we greatly changed our implementation - both template files and logic in the php files. What we did is not what you need to know. It will work "out of the box", but only with a goodly amount of fiddling. Sorry I can't be of more help. My point here is this is not really a Reboot problem.

Thank you for your answer. When you say it works out of the box but needs modification then it doesn't really work out of the box
Old 07-28-2014, 11:58 AM

X-Guru

Designguru, I know your reboot theme is extensively modified, so you might want to double check your code. Or contact me showing exactly where the problem lies.

A simple effective alternative, is to load the MailChimp subscription form in a lightbox...

Go to your MailChimp Admin > Lists > Your List > Signup Forms > General Forms

You should get a Signup form URL like this...

You can then create a MailChimp signup lightbox button with code like this... (adjust width and height to your liking)

Code:
<a class="btn btn-info lbox" href="http://eepurl.com/XX-XX?lightbox[iframe]=true&amp;lightbox[width]=640&amp;lightbox[height]=640">Signup to our Newsletter!</a>

Quote:
Breadcrumbs
I've found that the breadcrumbs - also on your demos - are getting shifted and are not displayed correctly when resizing. Text shows below each other
That's intentional, to make the breadcrumbs responsive on small screens.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:21 PM

X-Adept

Mailchimp
On homepage the news module etc has not been touched. Signup form only uses built in lists instead of mailchimp.
But will try all your suggestions. Not sure if lightbox good for mobile devices.

Breadcrumbs
Yes, but there is enough space. Looks like it breaks.

Did you get my ticket concerning menu?
Old 07-28-2014, 10:56 PM

X-Adept

Hello Phil,
I have posted you support ticket but got no answer from you.Can you please update the same?

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:59 PM

eXpert

Default Some mobile devices cannot check out. Scrolling problem?

I posted on another forum that some mobile devices cannot check out using the combination of PayPal Advanced, X-Cart 4.6.3, and reBOOT.

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=69688

There is a video on youtube that shows the problem using an iPhone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjS3cUn1ptU

PayPal support does not think the problem originates with them. Please see the other posting and let me know if you have insight on how to approach this problem.

It is a bummer that I got reBOOT because it would be mobile friendly and now some mobile customers cannot check out.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:16 PM

X-Guru

Hi Bullfrog, which checkout module are you using? (OPC / Fastlane / other) It's not totally clear in the videos.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:06 AM

eXpert

We are using the X-Cart OPC with PayPal Payments Advanced. All is normal up to where the checkout popup comes up. Desktop checkouts are ok, of course. We tested on the only two phones we had here that day, and PayPal says they saw no problems with the Samsung Galaxy S5. I don't know enough about mobile devices to even begin to guess why scrolling behaves differently.

I edited and left the iframe height at 900px and width at 700px(?), and that allows the Samsung S3 to checkout using Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin phone apps when held horizontally. The extra width was not needed, just more height. I still could not scroll horizontally.

With the iPhone 4 I could not check out at all with the new window size. If there is no error message, I could enter a CC number, but nothing else. With the iPhone 4 I could scroll horizontally, but not vertically.

I tried to check the stylesheet using Firebug, but it leads me to a cached version, and when I download that cached version and search for the 'scroll 0 0' Firebug reported, it's not there. Again, I don't know enough to know if I'm doing this right.

EDIT: FYI, we also have OPC and PayPal Payments Advanced on an X-Cart 4.5.3 site and Ability template. Trying to check out there with our mobile devices does not work at all, but it's not a mobile friendly setup, which is why I want to move all our stores to reBOOT.

Thanks for your help.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4