Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Self Hosting Requirements

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 02-11-2016, 07:13 PM

Default Self Hosting Requirements

Hi All,
I am considering moving to X-Cart for all my customers websites from the existing ethically challenged company I am currently using.

I have some questions I need to confirm prior to moving my current customers and building new sites. Hoping you all can help?

My requirements seem to be different than most. Most think I am crazy.

1. I need to be able to self host ALL my websites. I don't want to be stuck using or forced to use someone else's servers or payment processors. I really don't think this is too much to ask however it seems to be a knock down drag out argument with other companies who shall remain nameless. Could never figure out why I couldn't just use a payment processor API like IC Verify, First Data, etc.... Looks like X-Cart figured this all out and I can actual have a truly self hosted site and not be held hostage or limitations on how many products, or being charged an extra 1 percent for each product I sell. I refuse to be nickel and dimed to death by these other companies.... Hopefully, X-Cart is truly a self contained self hosting capable?
2. Being able to edit and change templates, designs, etc...
3. Ease of use.

if anyone can verify or add to this I would appreciate it.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:44 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Self Hosting Requirements

XC5 is downloadable shopping cart package so you can host it anywhere you want. You can change hosts as you please when needed.
The cart is not limited in any way for number of products, categories, customers, etc.

You have full access to not only templates but php scripts as well and you can change them any way you want.

As for easy of use this very much depends on your knowledge of PHP, MySQL, Smarty, Flexy...

XC5 uses Flexy as template engine, XC4 uses Smarty.
XC5 and XC4 are 2 completely different platforms - XC5 being OOP and XC4 uses procedural PHP.
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project