X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 06-27-2013, 12:41 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Xcart vs Magneto

Old 06-27-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedaly1968
Is there a difference between the two? I thought Magneto was an X-man?!?!?

LOL OP is correct!

CMS name is Magento, Magneto is an X-man

x-cart business 5.3.2.8
Old 06-28-2013, 12:02 AM

X-Man

I heard Magneto doesn't like Magento, because Magneto is an X-Carter.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
Ksenia (07-30-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 02:20 AM

Hi,

When you have the faster thing ever with the name 'Xcart 4.6.0', why do you look behind!
Old 06-29-2013, 04:30 PM

I played around with Magento - the templates they offer are such bandwidth hogs that if you ever get any real business you will be paying dearly. Go for xcart - much much more efficient.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:42 AM

X-Cart team

Hi!

We have prepared a comparison of X-Cart and Magento. If you're still hesitating between these platforms, it may help you to take decision.

http://www.x-cart.com/magento-vs-x-cart.html

The following user thanks Ksenia for this useful post:
rocky (07-30-2013)
Old 07-30-2013, 07:58 AM

X-Adept

Ksenia,

Just because this is a sore topic for me right now, I have to ask...why do you give XC 5 stars vs 4 stars for Magento in the area of Social Tools?

The default socialize module for my XC 4.5.4 Gold+ site drags down the page load speed for my site considerably. Many of the senior forum members have recommended I turn off this module due to its poor design. If I do that then I have no Social Tools and how can that be 5 stars? I admit I know nothing about Magento's Social offering, but unless something has drastically improved in 4.6 from 4.5.4 in terms of the Socialize Module. I have to question your self-rating.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)

The following user thanks tartaglia for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (07-30-2013)
Old 07-30-2013, 11:08 AM

Veteran

This is actually very subjective and misleading comparison.

1. First of all you are comparing apples and oranges. XC4 is paid supported shopping cart. Magento Community is free and at the mercy of the 3rd party developers or Magento itself. XC4 has 4 different flavors listed but you are comparing all of them to one specific Magento flavor.
2. Second the starts don't tell much unless I assume that 5 starts means 100% or best
3. XC is not mobile friendly out of the box - it requires additional module or a lot of work on the 4.6.x included responsive template.
4. XC4 is not multi-vendor - again back to #1 above - XC Platinum is multi-vendor so compare it to the appropriate Magento version.
5. PCI compliance - just because Magento has the onsite payment methods included doesn't make it PCI non-compliant - if none of them are used on a store it is as compliant as XC

And there is more but this is the most eye pocking I can see in this blog post. Don't get me wrong - I am not saying Magento is better than XC but to me this is very misleading in the way it is presented.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 AM

X-Man

Magento Community has Mobile Commerce. Check this out:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/product/overview-compare?icid=topnav

1) Number of Extensions and Themes for Magento is impressive comparing with X-Cart. X-Cart's marketplace is still a small one, only one star is not reflecting the reality.

2) If Magento has good server resources it works as expected, fast and smooth. Of course if you don't grab deep the code. Importing sometimes is a nightmare, people prefer to insert products one by one. A lack of Manufacturer section.

3) X-Cart out of the box Templates are ancient, old school. I would like to see only one theme but based on HTML5/CSS3 in the next versions.

The strongest points of X-Cart - its Community, thousands of posts with solutions, good "must have" features (paid or not). Without some strong voices and help from Qualiteam people this Forum will have no value.

There are Pros and Cons for both shopping carts. Important is what you feel using them when you have enough knowledge about programming.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 08-11-2013, 12:54 PM

X-Man

I just finished a job for a close friend of mine giving more gas to his Magento store. In one week it was a lot of pressure on my arms, but a pleasant surprise. I almost studied 6000 extensions, watched videos and read tons of books how to modify the templates, core. Attributes (EAV model) and Blocks are the most powerful I ever seen. Magento is not slow as people saying, on a websharing solution it is working fine. I used paid and free extensions. Some extensions are really expensive others not. I am glad in all these years I brought with me tons of ideas to improve X-Cart. X-Cart it is much better but it has a lack of templates - it is suffering on User Interface. For both front-end and back-end. Magento attracts new users. I realized that low to medium webdesigners/programmers are looking for visual effects than functionality. Of course we assume speed, taxes, payments are already in the box. As a conclusion personally I will continue look into Magento to improve X-Cart. Qualiteam engineers should spend a little time to find that some features really need a re-design.

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project