Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

PCI Compliance

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 06-19-2010, 12:49 PM

Default PCI Compliance

I would really like to switch to X-Cart, but am confused as to how PCI compliance (& meeting Visa rules) will work with X-Cart. I have read through many threads on this forum, but am still not sure on a few things.

- We need a seamless solution. (we need the customer to input their CCard into X-cart). The customer shouldn't know they are being transferred to another site. The site must look the same and the URL not change.

- We are in Canada, so we are limited in the Gateways we can use

- We don't need to store credit card numbers.

I would really appreciate if someone could answer these questions for me.(please help!)

1) Is X-payments nescessary? We will not be storing CCards, but will be "transmitting" them to our gateway.

2) Does the URL change with X-payments? I read somewhere that a site called www.mysite.com will become something like https://secure.mysite.com during checkout.

3) If the URL changes (like in my question 2), can you choose what you name the subdomain? (I named it secure above)

4) I read X-payments will be integrated in Version 4.4. If so, will my it change how the URL looks? (my question 2 & 3 above).

5) If the URL changes during checkout, will I require 2 certificates or a new certificate?

I would really appreciate help with the above.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:56 PM

Veteran

Default Re: PCI Compliance

Not an expert but what I can tell you is that if you want to process the payment on your site then you do need xpayments. As for the url I believe you can install xpayments in a subdirectory and then the url will look as part of the site and in that case no additional SSL will be required.
site url - www.domain.com
will become www.domain.com/payment if you install xpayments in a subdirectoy "payment" for example

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
ambal (06-21-2010)
Old 06-19-2010, 02:39 PM

Thanks for your help Steve,

If it is a subfolder like https://www.mydomain.com/payment, I think it would look better than a subdomain like https:payment.mydomain.com .

Many customers have been told to make sure the domain name doesn't change before they enter credit card numbers. I realize a subdomain is perfectly safe, but would rather see it in a folder like your example: https://www.mydomain.com/payment

Have you (or anyone else) installed X-payments and know for sure which it will look like?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:46 PM

Also, how many screens does the customer have to go through for check-out? I've heard it may be a little messed up with X-payments.

Is there a 1 page check-out mod that can be used with X-payments?

Does X-cart or anyone else have a test sight set-up with X-payments installed?
Old 06-20-2010, 05:58 PM

eXpert

Is there anyone here who has x-payments installed so that we may see what it's going to look like? Why doesn't x-cart provide a site where we can see this mod working the way it's intended to or is there?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 AM

Veteran

I don't think there is any. But you can install it on your cart or dev site. X-Payments will not mess up your existing cart, it is a completely separate application. Then you need to install x-connector to be able to connect to x-payments form your cart. And you can modify the payment methods showing in checkout with a simple "if statement" to show x-payments to only one user - you, so you can test
Old 06-21-2010, 04:29 AM

X-Cart team

Hi Budneyc,

Thank you for taking interest in our software and welcome aboard.

X-Payments is the application you'll need if you want your customers to enter credit card details on your web-site.

X-Payments is a separate application that can be used either on a subdomain or in a sub-folder. In case of a sub-domain you'll need to have to have it secured separately unless you are going to use a Wildcard SSL cert.

X-Payments integrated with X-Cart v4.3 or newer using special X-PaymentsConnector module (included in X-Payments license).

X-Payments can look similar to style of your X-Cart based web-site and thus do not create interruption in your checkout.

X-Cart v4.4 is going to have one-page checkout (see http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=53309), however, in case of X-Payments-powered checkout a customer will have to enter credit card details on a separate form provided by X-Payments (I explained reasons at http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=289958#post28995.

@gotpump, you should be able to download X-Payments beta version in "File Area" section of your HelpDesk account to see how it works. We will setup an online demo once X-Payment gets certified by QSA (expecting this very shortly) and once we start selling it.

Everyone is welcome to contact us with any questions any time!

Alex
X-Payments project manager
Old 06-21-2010, 06:45 AM

eXpert

Thanks Alex!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:25 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Hi Budneyc,
.....We will setup an online demo once X-Payment gets certified by QSA (expecting this very shortly) and once we start selling it.

Alex

Selling it? I thought this was going to be provided for free?

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
Old 06-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Thanks everyone.

Ambal - Will the complete 4.4 cart be PCI certified? If just the payment module is certified in 4.4, wouldn't it be atleast a 2 page checkout?
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project