Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-06-2018, 01:08 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewf
Another improvement needed is to include wholesale price calculation in the admin area cart listing. Now I might see a cart with listed value of $200, but if wholesale prices were calculated it's only $100.

BTW in North America we almost never show price with tax included.
I understand, but in Europe, it is illegal to show customers non-VAT prices, since they HAVE to pay VAT. It is considered illegal advertising to show non-VAT prices, since it is not an option to purchase items without VAT, and since VAT is always the same in the entire country, there is no reason not to show VAT in the prices.

The abandoned cart module could very simply take the chosen country and see whether the prices should be including VAT or excluding VAT, just as how they are displayed on the website, but for some unknown reason it doesn't.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:02 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Hello,

I have fixed the problems related to the 'Wholesale Trading' module
and taxes.

Now the ABCR notifications show the same product prices as on the cart page.

A patch has been uploaded.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: diff Abandoned_Cart_Reminder_wholesale_taxes.diff (5.3 KB, 3 views)

The following user thanks aim for this useful post:
Mr. G (04-13-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 05:12 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
I understand, but in Europe, it is illegal to show customers non-VAT prices, since they HAVE to pay VAT. It is considered illegal advertising to show non-VAT prices, since it is not an option to purchase items without VAT, and since VAT is always the same in the entire country, there is no reason not to show VAT in the prices.

The abandoned cart module could very simply take the chosen country and see whether the prices should be including VAT or excluding VAT, just as how they are displayed on the website, but for some unknown reason it doesn't.
I just finished the upgrade to 4.7.12, but the Abandoned Cart Reminder still shows ex-VAT prices in emails. The patch from above is included in the 4.7.12 upgrade, but apparently prices are still shown without VAT in the email, is that correct?
Old 11-06-2020, 05:11 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
I just finished the upgrade to 4.7.12, but the Abandoned Cart Reminder still shows ex-VAT prices in emails. The patch from above is included in the 4.7.12 upgrade, but apparently prices are still shown without VAT in the email, is that correct?

Hello,

Could your compare the attached files with your ones ?

Code:
abandoned_cart_in.php admin/abandoned_carts.php admin/abandoned_carts_statistic.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/abandoned_carts.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/abandoned_carts_statistic.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/admin_config.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/config.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/func.php provider/abandoned_carts.php provider/abandoned_carts_statistic.php skin/common_files/mail/abandoned_cart_notification.tpl skin/common_files/mail/abandoned_cart_notification_subj.tpl skin/common_files/mail/html/abandoned_cart_notification.tpl skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/abandoned_carts.tpl skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/admin.css skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/checkout.js skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/func.js skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/go_to_abandoned_carts_button.tpl skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/order_statistic.tpl skin/ideal_responsive/mail/html/abandoned_cart_notification.tpl skin/light_responsive/mail/html/abandoned_cart_notification.tpl

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: tgz x-abandoned-cart-reminder-4.7.12.tgz (23.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-09-2020, 03:10 AM

eXpert

These files are identical:

Code:
abandoned_cart_in.php admin/abandoned_carts.php admin/abandoned_carts_statistic.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/abandoned_carts.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/abandoned_carts_statistic.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/admin_config.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/config.php modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/func.php provider/abandoned_carts.php provider/abandoned_carts_statistic.php skin/common_files/mail/abandoned_cart_notification_subj.tpl skin/common_files/mail/html/abandoned_cart_notification.tpl skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/abandoned_carts.tpl skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/admin.css skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/checkout.js skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/func.js skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/go_to_abandoned_carts_button.tpl skin/common_files/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/order_statistic.tpl skin/ideal_responsive/mail/html/abandoned_cart_notification.tpl skin/light_responsive/mail/html/abandoned_cart_notification.tpl

skin/common_files/mail/abandoned_cart_notification.tpl differs, because I have removed this line for now (because it shows price without VAT):
Code:
{$lng.lbl_price}: {currency value=$product.price}
and in skin/ideal_responsive/mail/html/abandoned_cart_notification.tpl this is missing to remove prices for now:
Code:
<tr> <td> {$lng.lbl_price}: </td> <td><strong>{currency value=$product.price}</strong></td> </tr>

All the other files are identical to the ones in the attachment.
I have attached the patch that I applied after the upgrade to 4.7.12 because the prices in the emails were without VAT.
Attached Files
File Type: diff abcr_remove_price_from_mail.diff (1.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-13-2020, 03:01 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
All the other files are identical to the ones in the attachment.
I have attached the patch that I applied after the upgrade to 4.7.12 because the prices in the emails were without VAT.

Hello,

Thank you for checking.

Could you provide me with an SQL dump of the xcart_abcr_abandoned_carts table and which customer email I should check?

Thank you.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements