Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Shopping Cart template messed up somehow.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-23-2004, 10:00 PM

Advanced Member

Default Shopping Cart template messed up somehow.

Hi all,

Very close to finishing up with a store and I have a couple of more issues that I need ironed out. I'll keep issue in own thread of course. This issue is concerning the formating of my shopping cart, it is all messed up. I'm not sure what I did to cause this. It's very difficult to try and explain other than I think it's some sort of wrapping problem or something.

If you could please go to:

http://www.axiscc.com/~fatbelly/store/

Then add a couple of items to the shopping cart and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks so much!

Everyone on this forum has been so helpful!!! And I really do appreciate it!

JB
Old 11-24-2004, 02:40 AM

eXpert

Hi jb1013,

Looks like <table> attributes are messed up.
Check your different "opening"-tags like <table><tr><td> and check if they are closed properly at the right location</table></tr></td>.

H.I.H.

Gijs
Old 11-24-2004, 10:06 AM

Advanced Member

Default Can you be more specific please

Hi Gijs,

Which template? I'm guessing one of these:

customer/main/cart.tpl
customer/main/cart_contents.tpl
customer/main/cart_details.tpl
customer/main/cart_totals.tpl

Would I be safe just restoring the template from the repository. I don't recall ever modifying any of these.

Thanks for offering some help.

JB
Old 11-24-2004, 10:21 AM

eXpert

Hi,

something usefull in a case like this (when you don't know which template is concerned) is to use Web Master mode.

A simple example. I went to my cart in Webmaster Mode a received this information:

Code:
customer/home_checkout.tpl (0.23725) (total) skin1.conf [] global (0.00146) meta.tpl (0.00355) customer/home_main.tpl (0.09229) customer/main/cart.tpl (0.08745) product_thumbnail.tpl (0.00227) currency.tpl (0.00211) currency.tpl (0.00215) customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl (0.00213) customer/main/taxed_price.tpl (0.00552) currency.tpl (0.00216) buttons/delete_item.tpl (0.00739) buttons/button.tpl (0.00545) buttons/go_image.tpl (0.00218) modules/Gift_Certificates/gc_cart.tpl (0.00313) customer/main/cart_totals.tpl (0.02064) currency.tpl (0.00216) customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl (0.00208) currency.tpl (0.00212) customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl (0.00205) buttons/update.tpl (0.00742) buttons/button.tpl (0.00547) buttons/go_image.tpl (0.00213) buttons/button.tpl (0.00532) buttons/go_image.tpl (0.00210) buttons/button.tpl (0.00281) dialog.tpl (0.00194) modules/Discount_Coupons/add_coupon.tpl (0.01188) buttons/submit.tpl (0.00744) buttons/button.tpl (0.00541) buttons/go_image.tpl (0.00211) dialog.tpl (0.00181)
I know I might speak in riddles, but you'll find your answer in here.

Gijs
Old 11-24-2004, 10:23 AM

Advanced Member

Default Update

So I went ahead and tried restoring the 4 templates I mentioned above from the repository one at a time. Restoring cart.tpl actually made things worse. And the others had no real effect. Since none of those restorations helped I reverted the files back to how the way before the restores.

JB
Old 11-24-2004, 11:00 AM

Advanced Member

Default Totally Confused

Now I'm totally confused after playing around for awhile I cant find any consistant problem, sometimes it seems to work OK and I'll add 4 or 5 products and no problem, then other times I'll add just one item and the tables will seem to break. I need to mess around with this some, them I'll report back.

JB
Old 11-24-2004, 11:27 AM

X-Man

I think it is your dialog.tpl file that is messed up.

I could be wrong though
Does your host backup your site? We do EVERY HOUR!!!
Shared Hosting | Managed Cloud | Dedicated Servers
Old 11-24-2004, 11:51 AM

Advanced Member

Default Found problem sort of

Well I seem to have narrowed the problem down. I've found 3 specific products that cause the cart tables to break.

Dynamic - "Photosynthesis" - CD
http://www.axiscc.com/~fatbelly/store/product.php?productid=16148&cat=256&page=1

Blue Star Music Camp - Student Concert Videos
http://www.axiscc.com/~fatbelly/store/product.php?productid=16184&cat=262&page=1

Shantytown - Trying To Find The Door (mp3 download)
http://www.axiscc.com/~fatbelly/store/product.php?productid=16148&cat=256&page=1

I haven't tested all of the products but from what I can tell the rest seem to be working fine. And I tested at least one of each set of clones.

Now for the big question. What's wrong with these specific products that are causing this. I've gone in and checked everything and I can't find anything specific as to what would cause a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause a specific product to cause the cart tables to break?

As always, thanks for your assistance.

JB
Old 11-24-2004, 02:45 PM

X-Guru

do you have html code in the descriptions ?

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 11-24-2004, 03:06 PM

Advanced Member

Default Yes there is HTML in the descriptions

That would be a yes. But all the products have HTML in the descriptions, it's just limited to these three products that are having problems. Here's the HTML from the short descriptions of the three products that are causing problems.

Code:
Blue Star Music Camp - Student Concert Videos. Please see the Product Details in order to select your Concert Date and Video Format.

Code:
Dynamic, - Photosynthesis CD Dynamic, a San Francisco Bay Area group, represents the newest breed of young musical titans who fuse genres, molding hybrid sounds into the new millennium timescape.

Code:
mp3 download of all 14 tracks from the "Trying To Find The Door" CD from Shantytown Shantytown is roots rock at its best, infused with plenty of blues and some Celtic, funk, and soul sounds. The bandБ─≥s debut album, Trying to Find the Door, is a collection of well told tales expressed through passionate guitar licks, rollicking harmonica, and thoughtful, engaging lyrics. Visit Shantytown's Website

Just for reference here's a couple of product short descriptions that dont seem to cause a problem.

Code:
Shantytown is roots rock at its best, infused with plenty of blues and some Celtic, funk, and soul sounds. The bandБ─≥s debut album, Trying to Find the Door, is a collection of well told tales expressed through passionate guitar licks, rollicking harmonica, and thoughtful, engaging lyrics. Visit Shantytown's Website

Code:
.mp3 download of all 13 tracks from "The Produce Section - Volume One" CD by Felonious San FranciscoБ─≥s finest live hip hop band. Drums, bass, keys, guitar, and four emcees drop it non-stop. The new CD is a compilation of studio tracks produced with the MPC 2000XL and live instruments. It features Felonious:onelovehiphop and a host of special guests from the bay area underground.

Thanks for the assistance,

JB
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design