Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-cart Speed Booster!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 04-09-2013, 01:24 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-cart Speed Booster!

Exciting news! With the popularity of this new module we backported it to 4.1.x, 4.2.x and 4.3.x! Now it's available for 4.1.x though 4.5.x!

To celebrate, we've extended the 15% off sale until next Tuesday April 16!

http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/x-cart-speed-booster.html?MMCF_xfBooster

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!

The following user thanks BCSE for this useful post:
cherie (04-12-2013)
Old 04-10-2013, 05:39 AM

X-Adept

Hi Carrie,
I have a question about the hole punch feature. I have a wholesale membership on my site but with speedbooster on the prices do not change to the discounted prices when I login as a wholesale account. Do I need to hole punch the prices to make that happen?
running on UNIX

www.keystonecandle.com X-Cart Gold Plus - Version 4.7.11 php7.2
mods:
reCaptcha
cdseo pro
running on UNIX
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystone
Hi Carrie,
I have a question about the hole punch feature. I have a wholesale membership on my site but with speedbooster on the prices do not change to the discounted prices when I login as a wholesale account. Do I need to hole punch the prices to make that happen?

Yes for now you'd need to hole punch that. I did talk to our programmer and he'd actually like to add this feature on the next version to support membership pricing. Drop us an email to let us know you'd like that feature and we will update you for free when it comes out. It won't be easy to do so I'm not sure a time frame yet, so be sure to let us know so we can update you when it is ready.

It should though use the right price when it adds to cart even if it's not displayed correctly. So to display correctly for now, hole punch the price. Email us if you have troubles with that.

Thanks,

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 AM

hi carrie,

i'm running speed booster, the site is generally faster except home page that is TERRIBLY slow.

besides using chrome on mac, only the homepage is showed correctly, product pages seem they don't have template, as you can see in screenshot.

any idea?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schermata 2013-04-10 alle 17.43.22.jpg (106.3 KB, 20 views)
enterprise hosting on handsonwebhosting
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
5.3.3.1 on test (maybe ready in 2031)
Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 AM

X-Guru

Hi Davide,

It's probably best if you email us this one so I can get it to the programmer. We had I think one site that didn't display the CSS correctly and he was able to fix it easily. Also mention the home page slowness. We've not had that reported before.

Thanks,

Carrie

Old 04-16-2013, 12:37 AM

just to refresh memory, to potential buyer of speed booster, consider that BCSE doesn't guarantee that the program fully works on non standard x-cart template.

so maybe it can happens:
1) you spend a LOT of money (500$ in my case), i have around 800 pages, 500pages are few so i spend 250$ MORE for the 5000pages version but no problem, a 2000pages price is too a big idea to have at BCSE.
2) the day after you payed you find the price reduced of more than 30$ (very professional behavior)
3) 7/8 days of headache, program works badly, 1.0.2 released, various problems, several hours with a live store down
4) on MAC there is not any appreciable speed increase (maybe if you have a 5 trillion products site)
5) minicart is not updated, so i hole punch it, result all the site is hole punched because my template xtremegear by xcartstore has minicart in head.tpl
6) carrie says: we support only standard xcart templates, but for a quote......

one part is my fault, too often i pay before to ask, so wasting money with "programmers" it's the rule in x-cart world, telafirma... cart lab.... and many other.......

i buyed BCSE product since 2004, but they've just lost a customer.

with my remaining 20.47$ in points, buy some beer and drink to my health
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 AM

X-Guru

Davide,

The booster module though does work on your non-standard template. I'm really not sure where this is coming from or if you were miss-informed. I have seen your site speed increase from 4-6 seconds to consistently to 0.45 seconds.

1. I don't think anyone requested any page limit difference that's around 2,000 to my knowledge. We have been open to paging changes and added the 10,000 level for example.

2. We would have been happy to give you the difference back. I don't see where this was specifically requested. Feel free to do so! When we put things on sale we don't necessarily know or look to see if someone just bought it.

3. Most of your site-down was unfortunately another module causing issues, not ours, from my knowledge. I do know that any time we were notified of any issues, we were right on top of looking into them even when it wasn't our module.

4. I believe we're still looking into this, however only 10% of users approximately only 10% of the users are Mac users. So you are still increasing a lot with PC even if Macs may not be faster. We haven't tested ourselves so I'd be interested in other's results. It simply could be a limitation of the browser you're using as well in how it loads images, etc.

5. Your whole site isn't hole-punched, just the mini cart.

6. I don't see where I specifically emailed this to you, however we do support built in X-cart templates and also provide a reasonable support for 3rd party templates. Unfortunately some 3rd party templates, to get the features they have, they have to go outside of X-cart's standards for templating which does cause issues with other modules. The hole-punching does work though on your site with your non-standard X-cart skin.

There are some things that can be improved on your site that would help even more in the caching and general speed. For example, we see references to images.php which will slow down a site whether it's cached or not because it has to call a php script to retrieve an image, rather than just calling the image to display. Also if you're not using it, I'd recommend turning off the Lexity stuff. It's making countless calls too.

This is a very complex piece of software that is greatly speeding up your site. We fully support it and are still willing to support you and your needs. I don't see in the ticket where we've stated otherwise.

I appreciate your feedback and we're here to help with the module and your site.

Thank you,

Carrie

Old 04-17-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Davide,

<cut>

This is a very complex piece of software that is greatly speeding up your site. We fully support it and are still willing to support you and your needs. I don't see in the ticket where we've stated otherwise.

I appreciate your feedback and we're here to help with the module and your site.

Thank you,

Carrie

and bcse_optimization.php is again a blank page...... and nobody touched anything now.

very complex piece of software.........
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnc2
and bcse_optimization.php is again a blank page...... and nobody touched anything now.

very complex piece of software.........

Hi Davide,

Last time all I did to fix it was to upload the files again. Has your server people put backups up? Drop us an email and we'll be happy to upload the files again.

Thanks,

Carrie

Old 04-17-2013, 08:59 AM

Smile Re: X-cart Speed Booster!

We're using it on www.gregnormancollection.com and it's great. We did have to do some work arounds re: the lazy load in the product listing page, but the homepage, product listing, and product detail pages are much faster.

THANKS BCS!

Michael
www.vitalbgs.com
www.sizzlefactor.com
www.rugggedcommerce.com
www.simplyxcart.com

The following user thanks michael.mcbride@vitalbgs. for this useful post:
BCSE (04-17-2013)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4