Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

AlteredCart: Checkout One, On Sale... is Bill still around?

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 04-16-2016, 05:02 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Checkout One, On Sale... is Bill still around?

I know he's absolutely swamped. I finally got ahold of him, and he apologized for the poor support as of late, and answered a couple of questions.

But that said, I'm still not taken care of, I still don't have a working version of the gahela support suite (which I really, really want; the one I have was an early release of version 2, and it's not working for me) - and all further attempts have been unanswered.
AlteredCart: On-Sale, One Page Checkout, Checkout One Payments (although that's not working yet)
BCSE: Back in stock Notify, Checkbox Radio Mod, Upselling Links
SMACK: CDSEO Pro, Product Map
X-Cart: Gold+, Mobile
(still trying to get working: Gahela Support Suite)
Old 04-16-2016, 05:09 PM

eXpert

Question Gahela Support Suite?

Is anybody here running Gahela Support Suite by chance?

I so want to use mine, but I can't get ahold of Bill - I'm running 2.0.4 and the latest is 2.0.5 - I was an early adopter, and my version won't run / is glitchy. I have a license - what I'm HOPING to find is someone that can get me a link to download the install files, so that I can install the latest version (which Bill promised to get me, but that hasn't happened yet and I'm trying to get my new site live, and REALLY want this to be a part of it) and use my license key with it.

Let me reiterate - I OWN this (I've paid for it) - I'm just tired of waiting for Bill to dig himself out from under the insane mound of whatever it is he's dealing with to get me this.

If someone can help me out with a link to the download - my link doesn't work, as he's restructured everything since I last downloaded, and it's not showing up in my account area of his new site yet - please let me know.

Thanks so much!
AlteredCart: On-Sale, One Page Checkout, Checkout One Payments (although that's not working yet)
Old 04-17-2016, 11:28 AM

X-Adept

Thanks for all the feedback. It appears I should delay purchasing of any new modules from Altered Cart until their support problems are resolved.
XCart X-PDF
XCart X-HotProducts
AlteredCart Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
BCSE Back In Stock
CFL Holiday Message
CFL System Message
Smack Digital (WebsiteCM) Remember Anon Carts
xcartmods Testimonials
xcartmods reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic
Unix, PHP 7.0 (patched 5.4).
MySQL 5.6
Old 04-17-2016, 03:21 PM

eXpert

Very sadly, I would have to agree.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:18 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Rant: Alteredcart - take the money and run

Just as a follow up, he's still MIA. I've had support tickets in with him for going on 70+ days now. One of them he finally responded to with an apology for the lack of support and communication, and he closed the ticket - with absolutely no resolution of the issues in question.

So, he's alive - which is good - but I can't vouch or verify that he'll be back to his former glory at any point.

I'm still waiting for software upgrades that will hopefully fix the support suite not working at all. I've been working on this and waiting on him for literally months now. Pretty much given up hope.

I know that he's transitioning, and that things are insane - but the flip side is, if you don't communicate and set aside a day a week or something to keep up with current customers, then you start to get threads like this - which lead to reputation problems, which lead to death of business. Even with problems, support still needs to happen.

It IS sad, because once upon a time I would have (and did, actually) sang his praise for his amazing products and support. Here's hoping that all comes back at some point.

The following 2 users thank christindall for this useful post:
elmirage001 (04-25-2016), Thomasb134 (04-25-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 01:22 PM

eXpert

Further follow up - Bill finally got back to me and got my software delivered; I haven't had time to install it, but it does appear he's (very slowly) working through his back log.

Hopefully he can get caught up and get back up and running again, because before now he was absolutely amazing to work with.

The following user thanks christindall for this useful post:
elmirage001 (04-27-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 02:32 PM

Bill has been very responsive to my requests. He was actually in the middle of solving a problem for me before he stopped responding my posts on support page on his site. I have sent messages for like 3 times already and it has been a month now. I am not sure if he left for vacation or some urgent matter he needs to attend to. Any info would be appreciated.
BCSE CIM
Apache
Linux
Old 05-04-2016, 04:28 AM

X-Guru

As I believe Steve said earlier, Bill is definitely transitioning. It looks like he had a major project kick off in January, and I imagine that has him buried right now.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:08 PM

I have bought a lot of mods from Bill and hired him for custom work several times. He has always been great to work with and prompt to respond to any questions or problems. Just about 10 days ago I bought some updates and needed a key for a development URL. I ordered late Friday night and got everything Monday morning. I am sure if you had problems there was some unusual circumstance.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Default alteredCart is closed

First, I would like to say thank you to the X-Cart community for 10 great years.

Unfortunately, the X-Cart market can no longer support 3rd party module businesses. I've tried many things to keep alteredCart viable in the failing X-Cart market. I've created 20 new modules over the past 3 years, run promotions, written blogs on the X-Cart site, but when you run a business providing modules for a specific shopping cart, and the cart loses market share, there is a limit to what is possible.

The massive fall off in module sales has caused the support and service alteredCart is able to offer to drop below acceptable standards as of late. I apologize for the long support times some of you have experienced in the last few months at alteredCart. I will do my best to address the existing tickets in a timely manner.

There will be no more sales or version updates to alteredCart modules for the X-Cart platform. Existing installation of alteredCart modules will continue to run on your store. There is no call back licensing, or any other code that would disable these modules.

Legacy support for alteredCart modules will continue to be available as paid hourly support. X-Cart rules prevent me from posting a link to the support desk, but I’m sure it will be easy to find.

I’m not exiting the ecommerce business, but I will never again directly rely on another cart platform I don’t control.

The following 13 users thank wjbrewer for this useful post:
anandat (05-26-2016), BBM_ (05-26-2016), cflsystems (05-26-2016), cherie (05-26-2016), dpcompany (05-27-2016), elmirage001 (05-26-2016), iClerisy (05-26-2016), Kman (06-27-2016), maineiac (07-16-2016), PhilJ (05-26-2016), Thomasb134 (05-26-2016), totaltec (05-26-2016), zebu (07-15-2016)
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4