Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-22-2006, 03:27 AM

"Upgrade patch for upgrading the database from 4.0.x to 4.1.x will be released in about a week. "

WHY IS IT STILL NOT THERE !!!!!!

The final is released but if i understand it right, you still cannot copy / import/export your products from older versions......

If this is true then it doesn't makes sence that it it released, because how can everyone get it's old products from 40xx to 4.1 ????

We as a company trust on the 4.1 we have waited to advertise etc. and now it stil doesn't work, the dev should not forget that !
Old 04-22-2006, 06:54 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mffowler
And this isn't even a listed stable version...

This is what kills me about X-Cart. Have you ever seen software go through so many .0.x versions, then even go through a beta and 4 "release candidate" versions, then declared .1, but still not be "stable"?!?!? I thought "release candidate" meant it was a version that was a candidate for "release". I guess in this case it meant released for more bug testing until we can declare it "stable". Why not just go with rc5, rc6? Usually when a software company releases a .1 version, it means it's stable.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:56 AM

X-Adept

OK, but you have to give it to XCART. You pay ONCE for a lifetime license with FREE upgrades to the latest software. The software is HUGE and gathers many updates/mods/fixes from the general forums which are probably not always bug free. The x-cart dev team is probably only a few people, I only see the one name mostly.

Bugfree software development is difficult, and to provide infinite updates is a plus. I wish there were less updates too (see my live store version) but it still is a great software development and team.
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 04-22-2006, 08:13 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlowrey
"Upgrade patch for upgrading the database from 4.0.x to 4.1.x will be released in about a week. "

WHY IS IT STILL NOT THERE !!!!!!

The 4.1.0 release post you quoted was posted on 4/18 and its 4/22. That's 4 days. I've never known a week to be anything other than 7 days. And "about a week" could run longer - I wouldn't consider 9 or 10 days late. Calm down and give the developers a chance to do their jobs.

UGG Boots and other fine sheepskin products
http://www.snowriver.com
Old 04-22-2006, 03:17 PM

Default and more bugs...

I just did a clean install of XC4.1 and have found the following 2 bugs:

1) the master/master login/pw does not work for the admin - i had to hack the db and remove the encrypted pw and then XC told me I could not have the same username and pw and allowed me in to change it

2) cannot get UPS shipping working - turned on the options for shipping, de-activated the shipping methods I did not need and left the other ones active, etc,etc, etc - when I use the test real time shipping rates page, no rates are returned and no error msgs are listed, so I have no idea what is wrong

anyone please??? TIA
Old 04-22-2006, 05:22 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn180
After some experementation, I was able to export and import. What specifically is giving you trouble. Is the import/export hanging or reporting errors? Remember that when exporting, an export pack will be created at the bottom of the export screen that you can click on and view or download.

i wanted to do a test import from my 3.5 store and I just get this during the import:

Array ( [36] => type [37] => start_date [38] => end_date )

figured out my problem, those are new fields from a mod!
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 04-22-2006, 05:56 PM

X-Adept

Default Variant Import Bug

There is a bug when importing variants. Regardless of whether you are importing XC's own export or your own, it doesn't recognize the option value.
Code:
Error on line 3: Unknown Product option value: 'White' (PRODUCT_VARIANTS)
svowl- is there a patch for this?

Another thing regarding product options importing: I imported 1 class of options and then another... the second class overwrote the first! So, I am back to ground zero on this one.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 04-22-2006, 08:56 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL408
Here is another bug. For the FedEx shipping module, during the checkout process, the shipping methods are showing the variable "shipping_time" instead the actual number of days for those shipping methods. Below is the screen shot.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7429/error3wg.jpg

I am having the same problem but I dont think it's just FedEx. Im getting it on USPS.

Anyone figure out a fix for this?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2006, 10:04 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL408
Well.....first error report....

After a default install, I went to the main webstore to browse. Everything looks good. However, when I click on register to create a new account, the page is complete with an error. (Done, but with errors on page).

The same error also show up when you add an item to the shopping cart and then go to "Checkout".

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3599/error8fw.jpg

WOW, This is still an issue? I used to get that error 3 years ago
Old 04-23-2006, 11:18 AM

Default Xcart Gold 4.1 and 7dana blue dream skin 4.1 and other modes

We installed a fresh copy of xcart gold 4.1 and reinstalled our database from xcart gold 4.0.18 and had a lot of errors.
one of them was 7dana blue dream 4.0.13 already installed.
after some time I gave up and restored our old version.
We purchase the upgraded version of 7dana blue dreams 4.1 for about $40.00 but we have not tried it out yet.
Also I know that the data from old modes may be the problem.
X-cart as beem good to us, so before bitc"""" about bugs make sure the old mode and 3rd party modes are not causing them.
If there are any know problems and fixes with the modes listed in my descriptions please, let us all know?
Xcart Gold 4.7.5 X-Affiliate, Add-on: X-Configurator, Add-on: X-SpecialOffers, Add-on: X-AOM, On Sale, EBay add on, Traffic Monitor, Froogle Feed, Drop Shipper, Newslist Manager, Product Options Copier 1.0, BCS Customer Reward Points, BCS Refer points, Ad Banner, PAYPAL PRO, Blue Dream, Drop Shipper bcse gallery
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements