Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released
 
Reply
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements
 
Thread Tools
  #241  
Old 02-12-2015, 05:01 PM
 
BBM_ BBM_ is online now
 

X-Adept
  
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 587
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Hi Nikita,

I have just upgraded a few stores to the latest version of cloudsearch and have a quick question for you.

When someone searches for a result and the results page is presented (with by pressing enter or clicking on "see more results for..." at the bottom of the cloud search box - how can I use the results url as a link?

Currently it just displays a generic link. The standard search function in X-cart does have the "this page url" and I would like to use this feature for Cloudsearch.

Thanks in advance.
__________________
Multiple instances of X-cart
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 02-17-2015, 06:48 AM
 
MfromG MfromG is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
Hi Nikita,

I have just upgraded a few stores to the latest version of cloudsearch and have a quick question for you.

When someone searches for a result and the results page is presented (with by pressing enter or clicking on "see more results for..." at the bottom of the cloud search box - how can I use the results url as a link?

Currently it just displays a generic link. The standard search function in X-cart does have the "this page url" and I would like to use this feature for Cloudsearch.

Thanks in advance.

I think you're asking the same question that I would like an answer too as well.

So basically if someone searches for "shirts" on my site, they will receive a search page full of "shirts" but if they copy the URL and either post it to a forum or send an email to someone, the recipient will not actually receive a search return for "shirts" and instead will only see a blank search result.

Hopefully that makes sense!
__________________
4.6.6 Gold

Cloudsearch
Abandoned Cart
xCMS
Custom Modifications
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 02-26-2015, 11:09 PM
 
NikitaP NikitaP is offline
 

Senior Member
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 139
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Hello guys,

The solution here is to use a url in form http://www.example.com/search.php?mode=search&substring=shirts
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Nikita Pchelintsev,
Product manager of CloudSearch,
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Reply With Quote

The following user thanks NikitaP for this useful post:
BBM_ (03-01-2015)
  #244  
Old 03-02-2015, 12:18 AM
 
xtech xtech is offline
 

X-Adept
  
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 605
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

I am trying to update the new version of the module and it is saying that

Installing and configuring the module

Activating the module ...
Uploading file 'sql/cloudsearch_remove.sql : [FAILED] Cannot open file

What is the error here?

Thanks,
xtech
__________________
X-cart Platinum
4.6.1
Reboot template
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 03-03-2015, 05:19 AM
 
NikitaP NikitaP is offline
 

Senior Member
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 139
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
I am trying to update the new version of the module and it is saying that

Installing and configuring the module

Activating the module ...
Uploading file 'sql/cloudsearch_remove.sql : [FAILED] Cannot open file

What is the error here?

Thanks,
xtech

Please check that module archive was correctly unpacked and sql/cloudsearch_remove.sql exists and is readable.
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Nikita Pchelintsev,
Product manager of CloudSearch,
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 03-03-2015, 09:43 AM
 
MfromG MfromG is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
Hello guys,

The solution here is to use a url in form http://www.example.com/search.php?mode=search&substring=shirts


Can you be more specific on what changes need to be made to the Cloudsearch files to achieve this result?
__________________
4.6.6 Gold

Cloudsearch
Abandoned Cart
xCMS
Custom Modifications
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 03-09-2015, 09:19 PM
 
NikitaP NikitaP is offline
 

Senior Member
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 139
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by MfromG
Can you be more specific on what changes need to be made to the Cloudsearch files to achieve this result?

What exactly do you want to achieve? Do you want to include this URL along with the search results somewhere on the page?
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Nikita Pchelintsev,
Product manager of CloudSearch,
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 03-09-2015, 11:43 PM
 
xtech xtech is offline
 

X-Adept
  
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 605
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Hi,
Successfully installed the new version.But after that still default search cloud search is not showing the same results.

This is the bug of this module that I think.How to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
xtech
__________________
X-cart Platinum
4.6.1
Reboot template
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 03-10-2015, 12:54 AM
 
NikitaP NikitaP is offline
 

Senior Member
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 139
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
Hi,
Successfully installed the new version.But after that still default search cloud search is not showing the same results.

This is the bug of this module that I think.How to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
xtech

Hi,

Here are a couple of points to check:

- Do you use Infinite Scroll? If you do, try re-installing the latest version from the file area of your HelpDesk account.

- Do you have a non-standard X-Cart skin enabled? If yes, it could overwrite CloudSearch relevance sorting with some other.
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Nikita Pchelintsev,
Product manager of CloudSearch,
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 03-10-2015, 02:00 AM
 
xtech xtech is offline
 

X-Adept
  
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 605
 

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

No Infinite scroll not enabled in store.We are running Reboot as skin and with default skin it is also not working.

Please let me know the issue why default search and cloud search is not showing the same results.
__________________
X-cart Platinum
4.6.1
Reboot template
Reply With Quote
Reply
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:46 AM.

   

 
X-Cart forums © 2001-2020