Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-21-2014, 05:38 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_young_greg
There is also another annoying bug (or so it seems).
If one pulls data from Feature Comparison module, everything works ok provided it is a selector. If it is a text field, the module creates a filter field with no name (source and service name are created ok.)
Now this can be confusing since it is impossible to remove it, disable or do anything with it. First one must give it some bogus name (or real name), save it, then disable it.

We will try to reproduce it. If the behaviour is confirmed, we will treat is like a bug and fix in next release. Thank you for the report.

Quote:
I again agree with xtech about working with out of stock products.
I can understand the logic behind it (that some people want out of stock products filtered, the same way they might want to list out of stock products) but it does not comply with general x-cart design.
If shop has a built-in option not to show out-of-stock products, the filter should adhere to it and provide the option as well.

You should post a free patch for it. This is not a custom feature.

If one wants to not show out-of-stock products, he may disable it storewise. If out-of-stock products are configured to be shown, they may be filtered out by ticking "In stock" filter.

Either I don't understand your point or your very store works differently than a default installation. Please elaborate on what you mean.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:44 AM

Advanced Member

Let me explain: I can change how out of stock products are displayed by checking/unchecking "show out of stock products" in general settings. If this option is not active (unchecked) a product which is available for sale but has quantity 0 does not show in listings.
But it does show in all filters. One cannot filter to see it but it shows in price range, manufacturer filter, etc.

Example: lets make a product with $1 price (and 1 available) in a category where every other product costs more than $100. Filters show price range from 1 to ie. $200. This is how it is supposed to work.
Now what happens if we buy this product? It disappears from product listing . Good, this works the way we want, we unchecked "show out of stock" checkbox in general settings. But the price filter still shows price range from 1 to 200. The only difference is the beggining of the line is gray. So if one filters for $1 range, gets nothing.
This is the reason I wrote you should make it inline with general design. If I can uncheck this option in general settings for displaying products, I should be able to uncheck it in Refine Filters, so the price range is not from 1 to 200, but refreshes to 100-200 or so.
Either I do not understand something or missed some options. But I cannot see any.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:16 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Let me explain: I can change how out of stock products are displayed by checking/unchecking "show out of stock products" in general settings. If this option is not active (unchecked) a product which is available for sale but has quantity 0 does not show in listings.
But it does show in all filters. One cannot filter to see it but it shows in price range, manufacturer filter, etc.

Example: lets make a product with $1 price (and 1 available) in a category where every other product costs more than $100. Filters show price range from 1 to ie. $200. This is how it is supposed to work.
Now what happens if we buy this product? It disappears from product listing . Good, this works the way we want, we unchecked "show out of stock" checkbox in general settings. But the price filter still shows price range from 1 to 200. The only difference is the beggining of the line is gray. So if one filters for $1 range, gets nothing.
This is the reason I wrote you should make it inline with general design. If I can uncheck this option in general settings for displaying products, I should be able to uncheck it in Refine Filters, so the price range is not from 1 to 200, but refreshes to 100-200 or so.
Either I do not understand something or missed some options. But I cannot see any.

Thank you for the description. Although it's not considered as bug, we will think on how it can be improved.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:48 AM

Advanced Member

So, Vladimir, I noticed you put out a 4.6.5 version of Refine Filters. Did you fix it? Or had no time for such trivial matter?
Old 10-28-2014, 02:16 AM

X-Cart team

We will release changes later.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
So, Vladimir, I noticed you put out a 4.6.5 version of Refine Filters. Did you fix it? Or had no time for such trivial matter?

We have fixed the bugs discussed lately and added new feature so filters are shown based on in-stock products only if "display out of stock prodcuts" is disabled storewide.

Please find new distros in FileArea
Old 11-01-2014, 02:08 AM

X-Adept

For the remaining issue that I noted earlier have you fixed that also?

1) Price filter: can't set both min and max simultaneously.
2)Brand filter: once a brand is filtered, all the other brands get disabled
3)Brands -> Category filter: Filter does not get reset unless we route through another main category
4)In case of price discount through Alterdcart On Sale, the product continues to feature in the original price band.

Thanks,
xtech
Old 11-03-2014, 04:17 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
For the remaining issue that I noted earlier have you fixed that also?

1) Price filter: can't set both min and max simultaneously.
2)Brand filter: once a brand is filtered, all the other brands get disabled
3)Brands -> Category filter: Filter does not get reset unless we route through another main category
4)In case of price discount through Alterdcart On Sale, the product continues to feature in the original price band.

First three bugs were fixed. The last one was not. Please contact Alteredcart and request their module to be compatible with Refine Filters. We cannot make our module work with any of hundreds of 3rd-party addons, as you understand.

Alternatively, you can order a customization with us to make it work together. That is an option as long as On Sale module is not encrypted like many other 3rd-party addons.

Thank you.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:29 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
First three bugs were fixed. The last one was not. Please contact Alteredcart and request their module to be compatible with Refine Filters. We cannot make our module work with any of hundreds of 3rd-party addons, as you understand.

Alternatively, you can order a customization with us to make it work together. That is an option as long as On Sale module is not encrypted like many other 3rd-party addons.

Thank you.

I have registered with monthly support subscriptions please rectify all these 3 issues in my store that I have pointed so many times.

Can I repost it again?

Thanks,
xtech
Old 11-03-2014, 04:32 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
I have registered with monthly support subscriptions please rectify all these 3 issues in my store that I have pointed so many times.

Can I repost it again?

Thanks,
xtech

If you have an active support subscription, you may post as many tickets as you need. If some of issues are still not adressed in your store, feel free to contact support.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements