Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Image dimensions in product tabs

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 05-09-2011, 10:37 AM

eXpert

Default Image dimensions in product tabs

Hi,

I'm having some difficulty understanding where the image sizes in the product tabs are defined.

My product page tabs include 'Related Products' and 'Customers Also Bought', both of which appear to be built by customer/simple_products_list.tpl.

The thumbnail images in Related Products are 150 x 150 which is fine (our images are all square), but in Customers Also Bought they seem to be 124 x 74. I can't see where this 124 x 74 is defined, or rather, how $product.tmbn_x and $product.tmbn_y are populated.

I know I am missing the obvious, but I just can't see the wood for the trees now and could do with a pointer or two. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Welly

www.traininglines.co.uk
Old 05-11-2011, 04:30 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Image dimensions in product tabs

Check admin >> General Settings >> Appearance
"Maximum thumbnail width in simple product list" setting. Is that what you are looking for?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:29 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Image dimensions in product tabs

Many thanks for your reply Vasilis.

I did look at that option, and it was set to 150. The maximum height was also set to 150. The images in the Customers Also Bought list were scaled to 124 x 74.

Just for fun I changed both settings to 100, and now the images are all scaled to 100 x 60 regardless of their original dimensions (ours are all created at 200 x 200, and the sample images from the 'factory installed' products differ).

I did notice that if I refresh the page a number of times, occasionally the image sizes do rescale correctly, so I'm now wondering if the problem is related to what is actually in the list being shown. Some products have long titles, and some don't yet have images, so it is entirely possible that the whole scaling process factors these in. I'll need to look at it some more.

What is annoying isn't so much that the images are scaled, but that they are not scaled relatively. Square images become elongated making them look silly.

If anyone knows of an explanation or a solution to this (I could hard code the dimensions into the product list tpl I guess, but that doesn't seem very elegant), I would appreciate it.

Thansk again Vasilis.

Welly

www.traininglines.co.uk
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design