Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Moving the SKU Number Nearer The Text

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 05-24-2011, 01:05 AM

Smile Moving the SKU Number Nearer The Text

Hi all i have exhaustingly looked for the answer to this so have resorted to asking for help. When you see the SKU number (on my site called product code) the actual number is half way across the page and i would like it to be positioned as with the attribute size and colour boxes just next to the text, but do not know where to look to change the information to do so

Can someone help me as i want my sku to show on the website.

Also instead of showing on the SKU the actualy number ie: product code number plus additional numbers at the end how do i set it just to show the main SKU number:

ie: SOH-25101 (Code Number)

The actual code for this item is SOH-2510 and would like it to be shown like that with all descriptons, is this possible?

Many thanks

Chrissy
Old 05-24-2011, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Moving the SKU Number Nearer The Text

Well i have managed to m ove the sku number nearer so that is one problem sorted.

I just dont want all these different codes i would like the set manufacturers number if possible
Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM

X-Man

Are you referring to the sku displayed for product variants? Lets say SOH-2510 is the manufacturers product number, and it comes in 3 colors (or sizes, it doesn't matter). When you define a product variant in x-cart, the default is to add a number to the end of the original sku, so SOH-2510 becomes SOH-25101, SOH-25102, SOH-25103, etc. depending on how many variants you have. You can change these if you like to SOH-2510-red, SOH-2510-white, SOH-2510-blue, etc. as long as each one is different. The problem is x-cart will show the first available variant that is in stock as the sku.

Ideally, each product that has a option (variant) should display "choose one" as the first choice and cause an error if a choice isn't made... but it doesn't. There are threads where people discuss making this mod in the forum, but I haven't seen one that works. It it did, "choose one" could be sku SOH-2510 and your problem would be solved, but until that happens I think you are stuck.
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 AM

Thank you so much for your help, i have decided to just leave it as is right now to be honest and concentrate on actually getting my items on the website other than thinking about the niggly bits that i can sort out once this is done
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design