Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Global Coupons for X-Cart Pro - Simple Mod

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-07-2005, 01:57 PM

OK well I found all the files in cpanel, so there is no way to get to them through x-cart admin? Just out of curiousity, I don't get how it breaks the code to edit in cpanel...can someone explain this? I don't doubt it's true, I'd just like to know why
X-AOM
Old 03-07-2005, 02:00 PM

Veteran

Nope, those are php...the admin area only works for .tpl files. From what I gather, Cpanel adds spaces, which can break a php file.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:21 PM

Darn, it didn't mess with anything, but it didn't work either
X-AOM
Old 03-07-2005, 02:22 PM

The code that I changed was identical to what was posted above, so I guess that code hasn't changed in the last few versions...
X-AOM
Old 03-07-2005, 02:23 PM

When I name the provider globaldiscount, that is the username right???
X-AOM
Old 03-07-2005, 02:37 PM

Oh my goodness, OK. let me try naming my provider globalcoupon like I should have...duh...lol
X-AOM
Old 03-07-2005, 02:42 PM

Yup it worked, no code modifications necessary, the line numbers are a bit different though, but make sure to name your new provider globalcoupon hehehe.
X-AOM
Old 03-10-2005, 04:19 AM

X-Adept

Global Coupons mod for X-cart PRO 4.x

If you want all providers to have coupons with the same name/number, just alter the sql table 'xcart_discount_coupons' as follows:

Code:
ALTER TABLE xcart_discount_coupons DROP PRIMARY KEY; ALTER TABLE xcart_discount_coupons ADD PRIMARY KEY (coupon,provider); DESC xcart_discount_coupons;

Then, replace <xcart_dir>/provider/coupons.php script:

(The mod is the area that references $coupon_exists, but just replace the whole file after backing up the original)
Code:
<?php /*****************************************************************************\ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | X-Cart | | Copyright (c) 2001-2004 Ruslan R. Fazliev <rrf@rrf.ru> | | All rights reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | PLEASE READ THE FULL TEXT OF SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT IN THE "COPYRIGHT" | | FILE PROVIDED WITH THIS DISTRIBUTION. THE AGREEMENT TEXT IS ALSO AVAILABLE | | AT THE FOLLOWING URL: http://www.x-cart.com/license.php | | | | THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH YOU MAY USE | | THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTATION THAT RUSLAN R. | | FAZLIEV (hereinafter referred to as "THE AUTHOR") IS FURNISHING OR MAKING | | AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH THIS AGREEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SOFTWARE"). | | PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT | | CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE. BY INSTALLING, | | COPYING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AND YOUR COMPANY | | (COLLECTIVELY, "YOU") ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS | | LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THIS | | AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. VARIOUS COPYRIGHTS AND | | OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS PROTECT THE SOFTWARE. THIS | | AGREEMENT IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT THAT GIVES YOU LIMITED RIGHTS TO USE | | THE SOFTWARE AND NOT AN AGREEMENT FOR SALE OR FOR TRANSFER OF TITLE.| | THE AUTHOR RETAINS ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED BY THIS AGREEMENT. | | | | The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ruslan R. Fazliev | | Portions created by Ruslan R. Fazliev are Copyright (C) 2001-2004 | | Ruslan R. Fazliev. All Rights Reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ \*****************************************************************************/ # # $Id: coupons.php,v 1.27.2.1 2005/01/12 07:43:15 svowl Exp $ # require "./auth.php"; require $xcart_dir."/include/security.php"; $location[] = array(func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_coupons"), ""); include $xcart_dir."/include/categories.php"; # # Use this condition when single mode is disabled # $provider_condition = ($single_mode ? "" : "AND provider='$login'"); if ($REQUEST_METHOD == "POST") { if ($mode=="delete") { # # Delete selected coupons # if (is_array($posted_data)) { $deleted = false; foreach ($posted_data as $coupon=>$v) { if (empty($v["to_delete"])) continue; db_query("delete from $sql_tbl[discount_coupons] where coupon='$coupon' $provider_condition"); $deleted = true; } if ($deleted) $top_message["content"] = func_get_langvar_by_name("msg_discount_coupons_del"); } } if ($mode == "update") { # # Update discount table # if (is_array($posted_data)) { foreach ($posted_data as $coupon=>$v) { db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[discount_coupons] SET status='$v[status]' WHERE coupon='$coupon'"); } $top_message["content"] = func_get_langvar_by_name("msg_discount_coupons_upd"); } } if ($mode == "add") { # # Add new coupon # # Generate timestamp $expire_new = mktime(0,0,0,$new_Month,$new_Day,$new_Year); $recursive = ($recursive ? "Y" : "N"); switch ($apply_to) { case '': case 'any': $productid_new=0; $categoryid_new=0; break; case 'product': $categoryid_new=0; break; case 'category': $productid_new=0; break; } if (empty($coupon_new) or ($discount_new <= 0 and $coupon_type_new != 'free_ship') or array_pop(func_query_first("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $sql_tbl[discount_coupons] WHERE coupon='$coupon_new' $provider_condition")) > 0) { $coupon_data = $HTTP_POST_VARS; $coupon_data["expire_new"] = $expire_new; x_session_register("coupon_data"); $top_message["content"] = func_get_langvar_by_name("msg_err_discount_coupons_add"); $top_message["type"] = "E"; } else { $coupon_exists = func_query_first("SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[discount_coupons] WHERE coupon='$coupon_new'"); if (empty($coupon_exists)) { db_query("INSERT INTO $sql_tbl[discount_coupons] (coupon, discount, coupon_type, minimum, times, expire, status, provider, productid, categoryid, recursive) VALUES ('$coupon_new', '$discount_new', '$coupon_type_new', '$minimum_new', '$times_new', '$expire_new', '$status_new', '$login', '$productid_new', '$categoryid_new', '$recursive')"); $top_message["content"] = func_get_langvar_by_name("msg_discount_coupons_add"); } else { if (empty($coupon_exists["productid"])) $productid_new = ""; db_query("INSERT INTO $sql_tbl[discount_coupons] (coupon, discount, coupon_type, minimum, times, times_used, expire, status, provider, productid, categoryid, recursive) VALUES ('$coupon_new', '".$coupon_exists["discount"]."', '".$coupon_exists["coupon_type"]."', '".$coupon_exists["minimum"]."', '".$coupon_exists["times"]."', '".$coupon_exists["times_used"]."', '".$coupon_exists["expire"]."', '".$coupon_exists["status"]."', '$login', '$productid_new', '".$coupon_exists["categoryid"]."', '".$coupon_exists["recursive"]."')"); $top_message["content"] = func_get_langvar_by_name("msg_global_discount_coupons_add"); } } } func_header_location("coupons.php"); } $coupons = func_query("select * from $sql_tbl[discount_coupons] where 1 $provider_condition"); if (x_session_is_registered("coupon_data")) { x_session_register("coupon_data"); $smarty->assign("coupon_data", $coupon_data); x_session_unregister("coupon_data"); } $smarty->assign("coupons", $coupons); $smarty->assign("main","coupons"); # Assign the current location line $smarty->assign("location", $location); @include $xcart_dir."/modules/gold_display.php"; func_display("provider/home.tpl",$smarty); ?>
After you replace the coupons.php, you can create the exact same coupon for each provider. Thus, a "free shipping" coupon for orders over $100 say, could be used globally for all providers w/ the same name/number. Just change your current file to a new name and replace it with the one above ...

- Mike
Old 05-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Uhoh...there is a problem with this...it's not passing the discount to my credit card payment module. It passes to Paypal fine, but not the credit card module. Anyone know how I could maybe fix this???

Thanks!
Danielle
X-AOM
Old 05-02-2005, 01:55 PM

X-Adept

This doesn't affect payment. Check your coupons.php and make sure only the changed items are in there, you may have a different coupons.php for a different XC version.

- Mike
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions