Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Horizontal and Vertical Flyout Category Menu

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 04-21-2006, 03:50 PM

X-Guru

hehe, yeah! ... I'm still not that impressed by FC.
Mine's only 7k, easy to customise and SE friendly.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:46 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
I have updated this for 4.0.x and 4.1.x and ironed out all bugs.
So does it now do sub-sub-categories or did you just fix the broken link part?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:19 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
So does it now do sub-sub-categories or did you just fix the broken link part?

No, but I'm working on one that does. The broken link is fixed in this one.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:21 PM

eXpert

I keep getting an error message after install.

Quote:
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "flyouts/vert.tpl" in /hsphere/local/home/thoallen/topgunsupply.com/xcart/Smarty-2.6.9/Smarty.class.php on line 1088

Here is the code:

Code:
{* $Id: home.tpl,v 1.67.2.10 2005/10/31 11:36:14 max Exp $ *} {if $printable ne ''} {include file="customer/home_printable.tpl"} {else} {config_load file="$skin_config"} <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE> {if $config.SEO.page_title_format eq "A"} {section name=position loop=$location} {$location[position].0|escape} {if not %position.last%} :: {/if} {/section} {else} {section name=position loop=$location step=-1} {$location[position].0|escape} {if not %position.last%} :: {/if} {/section} {/if} </TITLE> { include file="meta.tpl" } <LINK rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/{#CSSFile#}"> <LINK rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/flyouts/vert.css"> <SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.3 src="{$SkinDir}/flyouts/menu.js"></SCRIPT> </HEAD> <BODY leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottomargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"{if $body_onload ne ''} onload="{$body_onload}"{/if}> { include file="rectangle_top.tpl" } { include file="head.tpl" } {if $active_modules.SnS_connector} {include file="modules/SnS_connector/header.tpl"} {/if} <TABLE border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center"> <TR> <TD width="6"></TD> <TD width="150" valign="top"> {if $categories ne "" and ($active_modules.Fancy_Categories ne "" or $config.General.root_categories eq "Y" or $subcategories ne "")}{include file="flyouts/vert.tpl"} {/if} {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu eq "Y"} { include file="modules/Bestsellers/menu_bestsellers.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Manufacturers ne "" and $config.Modules.manufacturers_menu eq "Y"} { include file="modules/Manufacturers/menu_manufacturers.tpl" } {/if} {include file="customer/special.tpl"} { include file="help.tpl" } [img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img] </TD> <TD width="20"></TD> <TD valign="top"> {include file="location.tpl"} {include file="dialog_message.tpl"} {if $active_modules.Special_Offers ne ""} {include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/new_offers_message.tpl"} {/if} {include file="customer/home_main.tpl"} </TD> <TD width="20"></TD> <TD width="150" valign="top"> {if $active_modules.SnS_connector && $sns_collector_path_url ne ''} {include file="modules/SnS_connector/button.tpl"} {/if} {if $active_modules.Feature_Comparison ne "" && $comparison_products ne ''} { include file="modules/Feature_Comparison/product_list.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Users_online ne "" and $users_online} { include file="modules/Users_online/menu_users_online.tpl" } {/if} { include file="customer/menu_cart.tpl" } {if $login eq "" } { include file="auth.tpl" } {else} { include file="authbox.tpl" } {/if} { include file="news.tpl" } {if $active_modules.Interneka ne ""} { include file="modules/Interneka/menu_interneka.tpl" } {/if} { include file="poweredby.tpl" } [img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img] </TD> <TD width="6"></TD> </TR> </TABLE> { include file="rectangle_bottom.tpl" } </BODY> </HTML> {/if}

Any ideas?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:20 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "flyouts/vert.tpl" in /hsphere/local/home/thoallen/topgunsupply.com/xcart/Smarty-2.6.9/Smarty.class.php on line 1088

unable to read resource: "flyouts/vert.tpl"

Check the tpl file and the ' include file= ' file url

Nothing is impossible, We just don't know how to do it ........Yet!

Xcart 4.1.X PRO (Testing Platform: winXP Pro)
Perl 5.8.7 (win32)
WINAMP 1.6.3 (win32 server package. Includes the following)
- phpMyAdmin v2.8.03
- MySql 5.0.21
- Apache 2.0.55 (win32)
- php 5.1.4
- SQLitemanager 1.2.0
Old 04-26-2006, 03:11 PM

eXpert

I can't figure this thing out. I guess I am going to have to get somebody to fix it for me.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:34 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo
Just tested this Mod out and it works a charm in 4.1.8, but when I tested it in 4.1.0 RC4 it did not work properly. Has anyone had any success getting this to work in 4.1.0 RC4 ?

Thanks

The Smarty code used to generate the menu categories will NOT work in V4.1.0, because x-cart have changed the way the php code builds the $allcategories, $categories and $subcategories arrays..

X-cart say this was done to reduce memory usuage and load time.

I discovered this problem with the other Free Menu from the authors website (the multi-colour menu) which works OK in V4.0.18 and has 2 sub levels. I only use 2 colours and have written Smarty and JavaScript code to auto generate the menu categories for V4.0.18.

I'm about to add a 3rd sub level and modify my auto menu generation code to work with the new php categories arrays in V4.1.0.

Anyone using code to access the any of the categories arrays, should note that the php code has changed the way the categories are built in Version 4.1.0.

Also Don't forget that the DOCTYPE in V4.1.0 is now Xhtml Transitional compliant The full DOCTYPE declaration can be seen in file 'customer/home.tpl

Nothing is impossible, We just don't know how to do it ........Yet!

Xcart 4.1.X PRO (Testing Platform: winXP Pro)
Perl 5.8.7 (win32)
WINAMP 1.6.3 (win32 server package. Includes the following)
- phpMyAdmin v2.8.03
- MySql 5.0.21
- Apache 2.0.55 (win32)
- php 5.1.4
- SQLitemanager 1.2.0
Old 04-26-2006, 06:20 PM

X-Guru

you can get the mod here www.xcartmods.co.uk
Old 04-27-2006, 07:28 AM

eXpert

PhilJ fixed me up. Thanks Phil!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:50 PM