X-Cart v4.5.0 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediruzza
The UPS registration goes around in circles. After hitting NEXT on the registration page, it asks you to log in again. This can't be right.

The patch related to this problem works, however, when registering, I get the following message on the Registration page...

"UPS Access License Response: The XML document is not well formed (10001) "
Attached Images
File Type: png 4-30-2012 12-31-15 PM.png (111.6 KB, 25 views)

Ed

http://www.resaleworld.com/store
XCART Gold 4.1.9
Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 AM

I have spent the last 2 days upgrading to this version, from what I understood this is not a Beta test version but a stable 4.5 cart. After reading this forum it seems they released this to early and I most likely wasted my time from the Smarty Upgrade with bugs now this issue with the UPS. Maybe someone can tell me if I should continue my work or just wait a month until someone from qualiteam actually tests every aspect of their work before releasing software that is unstable for production.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 AM

Veteran

Never use .0 version for live store. You can continue with developing on it and testing, pretty sure in less than a month (maybe 2 weeks or so) QT will release 4.5.1 which may even include Smarty3 - too many bugs already so they have to do something
Old 05-01-2012, 09:07 AM

Thanks for the input, maybe I am a village idiot here but in the beginning of this thread no where do they state not to use 4.5.0 as it may contain bugs wait for 4.5.1 seemed to me to be an official release and we PAY in trust that the people getting paid actually know what they are doing, in my file area it never stated beta. They might want to update the title tag her to 'USE AT YOUR OWN RISK OF WASTING TIME'.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 AM

X-Wizard

All versions *will* contain bugs. I see nothing wrong with moving forward with your 4.5 upgrade then applying the 4.5.1 patch when it comes out.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:16 AM

Advanced Member

Where can I find the 4.4.x to 4.5 database upgrade patch?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:16 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by james elliott
Thanks for the input, maybe I am a village idiot here but in the beginning of this thread no where do they state not to use 4.5.0 as it may contain bugs wait for 4.5.1 seemed to me to be an official release and we PAY in trust that the people getting paid actually know what they are doing, in my file area it never stated beta. They might want to update the title tag her to 'USE AT YOUR OWN RISK OF WASTING TIME'.

There is no "bug free" software. And it will never be one. QT did release beta version before they released 4.5.0. QT counts 4.5.0 as stable. But from my experience I can tell you - it is better not to use it for live store even though you can, it is a working version. It is not a waste of time to start development based on 4.5.0 and for the most part it will work out of the box.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsruned
Where can I find the 4.4.x to 4.5 database upgrade patch?

Not available yet. There are very few differences though and if you know sql you can do it yourself
Old 05-01-2012, 09:54 AM

X-Man

As the others have mentioned, using a .0 version is rarely something that we do on this end too. Any time there's a new release, especailly a new branch release, there's always a bug or two (or more). This is true of pretty much every software out there. Even when PHP comes out with new versions, we still give it at least 2 weeks before we even attempt to load it on a testing site. There's always something that's been overlooked and needs repair.
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM

I am well aware of bugs in all versions of software and in my 20 years experience doing web design have no issues with a few flaws,I even look forward to them because errors teach you how to correct them and learn more about the product you're using. However when you release a version without stating clearly there might be major flaws such as the UPS or the Upgrade to Smarty3 that may or may not work on the version you released days prior I do see a issue, I am not paying for a product to Beta test nor are they paying me to Beta test, I am putting my trust in the people I spent my hard earned money on to only release a version that is stable enough to run on a live cart I don't care if its 4.5.0 , 4.5.1 and so on bottom line is the product is not ready for full use and should be stated as such. I am done replying I just wanted to say my peace and let Chevy or Ford release a car for sale that has a few bugs here and there before they are sure its ready for LIVE production and sell it anyways see how many legal battles they have..bottom line wasted time is wasted money lol

Peace people...
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements