Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to link to a specific .pdf file

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 07-23-2020, 07:24 PM

Default How to link to a specific .pdf file

I am using version 5.3.6.8. Some of our suppliers have sent me PDF files which I would like to put on our site for reference by our customers. Under the category section, I have created a category for the supplier. Under the supplier category, I have added multiple products for the supplier. I know that on the product page, I can add attachments for that specific product. However, the PDF files reference multiple products. The category page does not have a method for adding attachments. I do not want to modify the existing shopping cart software. What I would like to do is to add a folder to the shopping cart website that contains the PDF files. I would then use the link option on the category page to point to the PDF file that I am interested in. I cannot determine how to create the URL path that I would need for the link. Can you help?

https://www.mywebsite.com/ ..... /my_folder/my_pdf_file.pdf

Would the folder then be in the root folder?

Thank you for any recommendations.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:49 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: How to link to a specific .pdf file

The domain of the store www.example.com is connected to the folder where the website located. You can specify it with your hosting team.

All you need to do is to locate the file in your store folder (or create an additional one there, like "PDF") and set proper permissions so it could be available for all customers (777 if you don't mind about sharing it with all).

As a result you will access it as:
a) domain connected to the store folder - www.example.com/pdf_file.pdf or www.example.com/PDF/pdf_file.pdf
b) domain is connected to the root so store is located at - www.example.com/store/pdf_file.pdf or www.example.com/store/PDF/pdf_file.pdf
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)