Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

123Language

X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site

Old 10-19-2002, 07:01 PM

Default you need to add a heading

this will happen but a way round is to add a heading to your description - that will force the text to start on the far left

look at my page and you will see how it is done:

http://www.amsprintsolutions.co.uk/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16134&cat=259&page=1

must go,

Chris
Old 10-19-2002, 07:14 PM

eXpert

Default Re: you need to add a heading

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
this will happen but a way round is to add a heading to your description - that will force the text to start on the far left

look at my page and you will see how it is done:

http://www.amsprintsolutions.co.uk/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16134&cat=259&page=1

must go,

Chris

I went to your page and the image is all the way to the left - just like my page ?

Is there any way to center the image and have the text start as a new line ?

Register your own domain name for only $14.99 at http://DiscountDomainRegistry.com
Old 10-19-2002, 07:21 PM

Default yes but you will have to make a lot of changes

you will need to make a lot of changes to centre the image - I would leave well alone - just put your header up as I said and call it a night - that is unless you want to go to the trouble of sorting out that very complex nested table - you will find that conventionally images appear on the left in any case. The page looks a lot better than it did!!

Chris
Old 10-25-2002, 09:59 AM

eXpert

Default Re: try this --

Quote:
try this it is your code which I have changed - just cut and paste into the code box in the template editor but make sure to take a backup first!

Chris

{* $Id: product.tpl,v 1.47 2002/06/13 09:50:31 zorg Exp $ *} { include file="location.tpl"
} {capture name=dialog}
<table border=0 width=100%>
<form name=orderform method=post action="cart.php?mode=add">
<tr>
<td valign=top align=left rowspan=2 colspan="2"> {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl"
productid=$product.productid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=product.image_y
product=$product.product} <span class=TableCenterSubCategoryListTitleBlue">
{if $product.fulldescr ne ""}{$product.fulldescr}{else}{$product.descr}{ /if}
</span>

<table width=100% cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=0>
<tr>
<td colspan=2><font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{$lng.lbl_deta ils}</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class=OrangeLine height="1" colspan=2>[img]../{ #ImagesDir# }/orangespacer.gif[/img]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan=2></td>
</tr>
{if #UnlimitedProducts# ne "Y" and $product.distribution eq ""}
<tr>
<td width=30%>{$lng.lbl_quantity}</td>
<td nowrap>{if $product.avail gt 0}{$product.avail}{else}{$lng.txt_no}{/if}
{$lng.txt_items_available}</td>
</tr>
{/if} {if $product.productcode}
<tr>
<td width=30%>{$lng.lbl_sku}</td>
<td nowrap>{$product.productcode}</td>
</tr>
{/if}
<tr>
<td width=30%>{$lng.lbl_weight}</td>
<td nowrap>{$product.weight} {#weightSymbol#}</td>
</tr>
{if $active_modules.Extra_Fields ne ""} {include file="modules/Extra_Fields/product.tpl"}
{/if}
<tr>
<td class=TableCenterProductTitleBlue>{$lng.lbl_price} :</td>
<td> {if $product.price ne 0} <font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{include
file="currency.tpl" value=$product.price}</font><font class=MarketPrice>
{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$product.price}</font>
{else}
<input type=text size=7 name=price>
{/if} </td>
</tr>
</table>

<table border=0 width=100% cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
<tr>
<td colspan=2> <font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{$lng.lbl_opti ons}</font>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class=OrangeLine height="1" colspan=2>[img]../{ #ImagesDir# }/orangespacer.gif[/img]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan=2></td>
</tr>
{if $active_modules.Product_Options ne ""} { include file="modules/Product_Options/customer_options.tpl"}
{/if}
<tr>
<td height=25 width=30%>{$lng.lbl_quantity}{if $product.min_amount
gt 1}

<font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{$lng.txt_need _min_amount}
{$product.min_amount} {$lng.lbl_items}</font>{/if}</td>
<td> {if #UnlimitedProducts# ne "Y" and ($product.avail le 0 or $product.avail
lt $product.min_amount)} {$lng.txt_out_of_stock} {else} {if
#UnlimitedProducts# eq "Y"} {assign var="mq" value=#MaxSelectQuantity#}
{else} {math equation="min(maxquantity+minamount, productquantity)+1"
assign="mq" maxquantity=#MaxSelectQuantity# minamount=$product.min_amount
productquantity=$product.avail} {/if} {if $product.distribution
eq ""}
<select name=amount>
{if $product.min_amount le 1}
{assign var="start_quantity" value=1}
{else}
{assign var="start_quantity" value=$product.min_amount}
{/if}
{section name=quantity loop=$mq start=$start_quantity}
<option value="{%quantity.index%}" {if $smarty.get.quantity eq %quantity.index%}selected{/if}>{%quantity.index%}</option>
{/section}
</select>
{else} <font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>1</font>
<input type=hidden name=amount value=1>
{$lng.txt_product_downloadable} {/if} {/if} </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan=2>
<input type=hidden name=mode value=add>
{if #UnlimitedProducts# eq "Y" or ($product.avail gt 0 and $product.avail
ge $product.min_amount)} {include file="customer/main/product_prices.tpl"}
{include file="buttons/add_to_cart.tpl"}
{if $login ne ""
and $active_modules.Wishlist ne ""} {include file="customer/add2wl.tpl"}
{/if} {/if} </td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
<td align=right valign=top width=60> {if $product.discount ne 0}
<table border=0>
<tr>
<td width=55 height=56 background="../{#ImagesDir#}/save_money.gif" align=center valign=middle>

<font color=#FFFFFF>{ $product.discount }%</font> </td>
</tr>
</table>
{/if} [img]../{#imagesDir#}/spacer.gif[/img]

</td>
</tr>
<input type=hidden name=productid value="{$product.productid}">
<input type=hidden name=cat value="{$smarty.get.cat}">
<input type=hidden name=page value="{$smarty.get.page}">
</form>
</table>
{/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$product.producttitle content=$smarty.capture.dialog
extra="width=100%"} {if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne ""}

{include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/product_images.tpl" } {/if} {if
#customerReviews# eq "Y" or #customerVoting# eq "Y"}

{include file="customer/main/vote_reviews.tpl"} {/if} {if $active_modules.Upselling_Products
ne ""}

{include file="modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl" } {/if}

I tried what you suggested and there were other issues. For example it did not allow the user to choose how many items to add from the drop down box etc. Can you please edit the templte I give you please ?

Code:
{* $Id: product.tpl,v 1.47 2002/06/13 09:50:31 zorg Exp $ *} { include file="location.tpl" } {capture name=dialog} <table border=0 width=100%> <form name=orderform method=post action="cart.php?mode=add"> <tr> <td valign=top align=left rowspan=2 width=100> {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=product.image_y product=$product.product} </td> <td valign=top> <span class=TableCenterSubCategoryListTitleBlue"> {if $product.fulldescr ne ""}{$product.fulldescr}{else}{$product.descr}{/if} </span> <table width=100% cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=0> <tr><td colspan=2><font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{$lng.lbl_details}</font></td></tr> <tr><td class=OrangeLine height="1" colspan=2>[img]../{ #ImagesDir# }/orangespacer.gif[/img]</td></tr> <tr><td colspan=2></td></tr> {if #UnlimitedProducts# ne "Y" and $product.distribution eq ""} <tr><td width=30%>{$lng.lbl_quantity}</td><td nowrap>{if $product.avail gt 0}{$product.avail}{else}{$lng.txt_no}{/if} {$lng.txt_items_available}</td></tr> {/if} {if $product.productcode}<tr><td width=30%>{$lng.lbl_sku}</td><td nowrap>{$product.productcode}</td></tr>{/if} <tr><td width=30%>{$lng.lbl_weight}</td><td nowrap>{$product.weight} {#weightSymbol#}</td></tr> {if $active_modules.Extra_Fields ne ""} {include file="modules/Extra_Fields/product.tpl"} {/if} <tr><td class=TableCenterProductTitleBlue>{$lng.lbl_price}:</td> <td> {if $product.price ne 0} <font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{include file="currency.tpl" value=$product.price}</font><font class=MarketPrice> {include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$product.price}</font> {else} <input type=text size=7 name=price> {/if} </td> </tr> </table> <table border=0 width=100% cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0> <tr><td colspan=2> <font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{$lng.lbl_options}</font> </td></tr> <tr><td class=OrangeLine height="1" colspan=2>[img]../{ #ImagesDir# }/orangespacer.gif[/img]</td></tr> <tr><td colspan=2></td></tr> {if $active_modules.Product_Options ne ""} { include file="modules/Product_Options/customer_options.tpl"} {/if} <tr><td height=25 width=30%>{$lng.lbl_quantity}{if $product.min_amount gt 1} <FONT class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{$lng.txt_need_min_amount} {$product.min_amount} {$lng.lbl_items}</FONT>{/if}</td> <td> {if #UnlimitedProducts# ne "Y" and ($product.avail le 0 or $product.avail lt $product.min_amount)} {$lng.txt_out_of_stock} {else} {if #UnlimitedProducts# eq "Y"} {assign var="mq" value=#MaxSelectQuantity#} {else} {math equation="min(maxquantity+minamount, productquantity)+1" assign="mq" maxquantity=#MaxSelectQuantity# minamount=$product.min_amount productquantity=$product.avail} {/if} {if $product.distribution eq ""} <select name=amount> {if $product.min_amount le 1} {assign var="start_quantity" value=1} {else} {assign var="start_quantity" value=$product.min_amount} {/if} {section name=quantity loop=$mq start=$start_quantity} <option value="{%quantity.index%}" {if $smarty.get.quantity eq %quantity.index%}selected{/if}>{%quantity.index%}</option> {/section} </select> {else} <font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>1</font><input type=hidden name=amount value=1> {$lng.txt_product_downloadable} {/if} {/if} </td></tr> <tr><td colspan=2> <input type=hidden name=mode value=add> {if #UnlimitedProducts# eq "Y" or ($product.avail gt 0 and $product.avail ge $product.min_amount)} {include file="customer/main/product_prices.tpl"} {include file="buttons/add_to_cart.tpl"} {if $login ne "" and $active_modules.Wishlist ne ""} {include file="customer/add2wl.tpl"} {/if} {/if} </td> </tr></table> </td> <td align=right valign=top width=60> {if $product.discount ne 0}<table border=0><tr><td width=55 height=56 background="../{#ImagesDir#}/save_money.gif" align=center valign=middle> <font color=#FFFFFF>{ $product.discount }%</font> </td></tr></table>{/if} [img]../{#imagesDir#}/spacer.gif[/img] </td> </tr> <input type=hidden name=productid value="{$product.productid}"> <input type=hidden name=cat value="{$smarty.get.cat}"> <input type=hidden name=page value="{$smarty.get.page}"> </form> </table> {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$product.producttitle content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {if #customerReviews# eq "Y" or #customerVoting# eq "Y"} {include file="customer/main/vote_reviews.tpl"} {/if} {if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne ""} {include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/product_images.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Upselling_Products ne ""} {include file="modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl" } {/if}

Register your own domain name for only $14.99 at http://DiscountDomainRegistry.com
Old 10-25-2002, 10:08 AM

X-Guru

What exactly are you trying to do here ?

Let me know and ill edit it for you.

Its not too bad to move things around on the product page

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 10-25-2002, 01:03 PM

Default thanks for offering to assist Shan

Shan,
It was good of you to offer to assist this guy as I was right in the middle of late night session when I offered to help, but as it was around 3am in the morning I just had to get some sleep.

Chris
Old 10-27-2002, 06:29 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
What exactly are you trying to do here ?

Let me know and ill edit it for you.

Its not too bad to move things around on the product page

I'm trying to get the product image at the top center of each page, instead of having it on one side of the page and the product description at the other.

Old 10-27-2002, 06:31 AM

eXpert

Default Re: thanks for offering to assist Shan

Quote:
Shan,
It was good of you to offer to assist this guy as I was right in the middle of late night session when I offered to help, but as it was around 3am in the morning I just had to get some sleep.

Chris

Chris and Shan TIA!!

Old 10-27-2002, 06:33 AM

eXpert

Darn, after I went back to the xcart default I noticed that "Customers rating" is on top of "Detailed images." If one of you are going to edit the code on that template can you please make sure that "Detailed images" is on top of "Customers rating" ?

Old 10-27-2002, 07:49 AM

Default assistance with products template

Send me your code and a pic of what you want and I will try to sort you out.

Chris
   X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site