Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

free SEO mod - XC SEO -> needs testing & feedback

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 06-30-2006, 09:16 AM

A Possible fix for the "&" problem.

I Am NO Programmer an the fix may not work for other people so BACKUP your file, but it does work for me.

in /include/class.xcart_seo.php look for ..

Code:
$query = preg_replace(array('@&@i','@&@'),array('&','&'),$query);

Replace with ..

Code:
$query = preg_replace(array('@&@i','@&@'),array('&','&'),$query);

all i've done is remove the amp; from the line of code & my checkout works a treat, anyways hope its useful to someone else.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:41 AM

After further testing whilst havin the htaccess file supplied with the SEO mod active on the site it knocks out the coupon module, when a customer enters a coupon code the site just redirects back to home.php

address also shows .../javascript%20document.couponform.submit();
instead of the usual .../cart.php

Changing the htaccess file for me just results in a non functional site at various stages.

ive posted the htaccess details in the hope someone might be able to modify it & keep the site working which is outta my realm.

Code:
DirectoryIndex home.php index.html index.php RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase /shop # Don't rewrite requests for any files, directories, or symbolic # links (shortcuts) that exist on the filesystem. RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l RewriteRule ^.*_p([0-9]+)\.html product.php?productid=$1 [last] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l RewriteRule ^.*_i([0-9]+)\.jpg$ image.php?productid=$1 [last] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l RewriteRule ^(.*)\.html $1.php [qsappend,last] # if not a real file and if not matched as product or image # then assume category, and map to home.php # this section might cause issues with other urls in x-cart... needs work RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l RewriteRule ^.*$ home.php [last]
Old 07-19-2006, 10:10 AM

hi

i have tried this mod on a test site on a windows server, but it wont work as i assume because it dont make use of the .htaccess

is there anyway round this using [ISAPI_Rewrite]?

Ged
X-RMA
X-Affiliate
Mosaic Skins
Old 09-11-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Re: free SEO mod - XC SEO -> needs testing & feedback

Does anyone have the latest version of this? His site is down. If I can get a copy I might be able to contibue the work. Email to jeremy [at] ecarcommerce.com if you have it.

I have recieved the files and have continued the project here
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=24832

Thanks
Jeremy
Old 09-20-2006, 09:34 AM

X-Wizard

XC SEO Lite v 1.0.0 Released

Thread is available at the following url:
XC SEO Lite Released

Quote:
The XC SEO team is proud to announce the release of XC SEO Lite version 1.0.0.
XC SEO Lite is completely free, and licensed under the GNU GPL 2 license.
All code is versioned and available from our repository at:
http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/

A zip of the release is available at the bottom of this post.
This release is for X-Cart 4.0.x and 4.1.x

A .htaccess file is included, it is recommended that you open the .htaccess file and COPY the contents into your existing .htaccess file.
Additionally, a default robots.txt has been included. The robots.txt file should be used with discretion and modified as needed for your own website.

Any incoming product/manufacturer/category links are properly 301 redirected to their html alias, so any existing pagerank should be transferred properly.

-------------
This project was started around April of 2006, grew into a sizeable modification that had several bugs due to the complexity of the code, and then lay dormant until recently. Xuru sparked new interest in the project by releasing a copy of the original XC SEO code with a few fixes included. Then geckoday released a stripped down and rewritten version of the XC SEO mod.

Due to the issues that still existed with the original code, I decided to use geckoday's rewritten code as a base. After several feature additions, and after testing the code on a production website with positive results, I'm proud to announce the first public release of XC SEO Lite.
-------------

XC SEO Lite functions similarly to DSEFU, in that it requires 0 template edits, and writes all Product/Manufacturer/Category urls to .html page aliases: sitename.com/categoryname.html

In the near future, I intend to release an XC SEO Advanced version that will function similar to the original XC SEO release (and similar to CDSEO), with the ability to rewrite urls using categories as folders: sitename.com/category1/category2/productname.html

--------------

Quote:
CHANGELOG

XC SEO Lite 1.0.0 (rev 6 - September 20, 2006)
====================================

* Replaced original XC SEO code with geckoday's rewritten code (rewrite of outputfilter & htaccess, he had dropped all other code/files)
* Altered code to replace accented characters with non-accented equivalent
* Added support for rewriting 'printable=Y' urls
* Added support for rewriting 'sort' & 'sort_direction' urls
* Added seo.php to rewrite/redirect category/product/manufacturer urls to new HTML alias
* Added ability to inject user-specified keyword into urls
* Added IF condition that turns off the mod under HTTPS urls
* Added conditional support for SEO mod in Froogle module
* Added default robots.txt
Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 PM

X-Wizard

Just to update anyone that might have installed XC SEO ages ago and not realized it's still being updated, v1.3 was recently released, with good bugfixes, feature additions, etc.

New thread for v1.3:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=37700
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions