Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Site map page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-03-2005, 12:39 PM

After a little trial and error I got it to work with v3.5.11. I had to change the line:

func_display("customer/home.tpl", $smarty);

to:

$smarty->display("customer/home.tpl");

in the sitemap.php file.

It works great! Thanks again for the great mod Fernando!
Old 03-03-2005, 12:46 PM

You're more than welcome
Old 03-07-2005, 05:38 PM

Nice work, much appreciated!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 06:22 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstillwell@aerostich.com
markwhoo,

Hmmm, looks like the link to your sitemap is broken.

Anyway, I'm going to try Fernando's site map, looks good.

Sorry I missed this post.

What we found was in another thread rrf came in and posted the fact that he had approached these people about code theft or something like that. Apparently these people work out of the country and had stolen parts of the xcart code and resold it or something to that matter.

So, between xcart knocking on their door raising hell and rrf erasing the links on other threads, these people finally removed ant and all references to this mod and another that actualy was quite nice.

Their installers were unbelievably simple and easy to intigrate into xcart. and the mod was/is great.

I am sure fernandos mod is fantastic, I just needed the ability to add other types of links etc and this mod allowed me to do so.

Kudos to fernando and his work! Cause this is the only site map out there for free right now besides the file I have on my pc from the other guys
Old 03-15-2005, 08:24 AM

X-Cart team

All X-Cart related services & mods provided by Cart-Services are illegal. I have a letter of warranty from Cart-Services that they have stopped selling X-Cart mods and services related to X-Cart. If you have any information that they have not stopped working - please e-mail me at feedback@x-cart.com or make a note in the support help desk with "Attn: anti-piracy dept".

PS: They are also located in country which is restricted to export X-Cart to. So, obviously, if you order any services from them and give access to your software code, this results in license agreement breach and will result in license annuled.

I am locking this thread.

Twitter: @aznakai
Old 03-15-2005, 09:02 PM

X-Cart team

According to the request of Fernando, who is the original author of the SiteMap module discussed in the thread and is not in related to Cart-Services in any way, this thread is unlocked. Had to delete all references to Cart-Services, though.

Twitter: @aznakai
Old 03-16-2005, 04:47 AM

eXpert

Fernando,

This is a great mod. I put it on my site http://www.aerostich.com/sitemap.php. Is there an easy way to make it two column instead of just one? I see from the code you are doing several nested loops (section). I wonder if it could be smart enough to make it roughly two columns but only split it on a root category.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:31 AM

Well, I tried doing that but I failed miserably. Maybe it was because I was just trying to accomplish it by using stylesheets, instead of letting smarty handle the layout. Call me lazy

I did add something that I think will improve the readability, and that's styling the elements of the map (especially the level 1 and level 2 categories) to get something like:

http://borcel.com/archivos/varios/sitemap.gif

Interested?

You would need to add the following right at the end of skin1/skin1.css

Code:
li.sitemap-l1 { margin-bottom: 15px; list-style-type: none; } a.sitemap-l1 { font-weight: bold; font-size: 115%; border-bottom: 1px gray solid; width: 500px; } li.sitemap-l2 { list-style-type: none; } a.sitemap-l2 { font-size: 115%; }

You'll also need to do very minor modifications to sitemap.tpl.

Look for the first[*] tag (around line 6 of sitemap.tpl). Replace the whole line with:

Code:

Now look for the second[*] tag, should be around line 12, and replace the whole line with:

Code:

I was pretty happy with the results of just formatting the first two levels. If you wish, you can format as many levels as you want, just have to add the style definitions on skin1.css (sitemap-l3, sitemap-l4...) and then add the class to the[*] and the <a> tags.

Also, you can change the style definitions for sitemap-l1 and sitemap-l2 to better suit your needs. A nifty trick is to use "list-style-image: url(image.jpg);". It will use "image.jpg" as a bullet, instead of a circle, square, etc.

I know is not a 2-column layout, but I think it looks much better.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:42 AM

X-Guru

To do a 2 column layout, you could first, in PHP get a count of how many lines will be displayed. Divide that by 2 being sure to use ceil (so that if there's an uneven amount, the extra line is shown in the first column).

Assign that variable to smarty: $halfway

Then, prior to the section start a table:

Code:
<table><tr><td>

During your section, increase a variable to check against $halfway. When it gets there, start a new column.

Code:
{if $count eq $halfway}</td><tr><td>

Then after your section, of course close the table.

Code:
</td></tr></table>
[/code]
Old 03-17-2005, 12:49 PM

I just saw this on a post that somebody else wrote for another MOD. If you want to show your site map using the same ORDERING that you set for your categories, you need to edit the script includes/categories.php:

Find:

Code:
usort($all_categories, "func_categories_sort");

Now comment it out!

Code:
// usort($all_categories, "func_categories_sort");

That's all! (Thank you gabriela).
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions