Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.13 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-29-2005, 05:57 AM

X-Cart team

Default X-Cart 4.0.13 released

X-Cart 4.0.13 is now in your File area along with the upgrade kits that will take you from X-Cart 4.0.12 to 4.0.13

Here is the changelog:

Quote:
----------------- X-CART v4.0.13 RELEASED

Mon Mar 28 16:53:34 MSD 2005[*] - mclap - Improvement: CVV2 code support is added for the 'Transaction Central. POST Interface' payment module.

Mon Mar 28 11:05:42 MSD 2005[*] - max - Improvement: A note about the callback URL is added on Ogone WEB payment module configuration page.

Mon Mar 28 10:35:21 MSD 2005 [!] - max - Bug: 'Send entire wish list by e-mail' and 'Clear wish list' buttons were displayed on the Wish list page even if the wish list was empty. Fixed.

Fri Mar 25 14:16:18 MSK 2005[*] - max - Improvement: '2Checkout V2' payment module is updated according to the new API requirements (the information about ordered products and gift certificates is added to the request to the payment gateway).

Fri Mar 25 14:12:40 MSK 2005[*] - max - Improvement: 'Protx VSP Direct' payment module is updated to API version 2.22.

Thu Mar 24 09:49:46 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The shipping firstname and lastname were not passed to the payment gateway in SurePay payment method. Fixed.

Thu Mar 24 09:47:10 MSK 2005[*] - max - Improvement: The information about the results of checking an order by Antifraud service (displayed on the Order details page) is extended to provide more details about the conditions that affected the Fraud risk factor.

Wed Mar 23 09:51:36 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug in X-Configurator: If 'Product options' module was turned off, bundled products were displayed without the 'Add to configuration' link on the products list, so customers could not select them for adding to a configurable product slot. Fixed.

Mon Mar 21 15:44:35 MSK 2005 [!] - mclap - Bug: Bundled and configurable products were displayed regardless of the fact that X-Configurator add-on was disabled. Fixed.

Mon Mar 21 15:31:08 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: Product options with negative price modifiers did not affected the product price (on the level of the JavaScript code for updating product price on-the-fly depending on selected product options and quantity). Fixed.

Mon Mar 21 11:12:28 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The preferred product sorting order and the direction of sorting chosen by a customer for a set of 'products list' pages were lost when the customer moved to the next page of the set using the page navigation links. Fixed.

Thu Mar 17 15:21:22 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: Because of an error in the procedure of preparation of the data defining what entries should appear in the 'Search for user type' dropdown box on the search for users form in the Admin/Users section, the 'pending membership' entry appeared in the box several times. Fixed.

Thu Mar 17 12:23:32 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug in X-Configurator: If a product with some 'percent-based price modifier' options was placed into a configurable product slot, its price was displayed in a wrong way (the modifier was not taken into account). Fixed.

Thu Mar 17 11:39:00 MSK 2005[*] - mclap - Improvement: 'Transaction Central. POST Interface' and 'Transaction Central. WEB Interface' payment modules are updated: the 'Security Key' parameter is added.

Thu Mar 17 10:54:57 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: If a product was assigned to more than one categories, it could not be found via the 'Feature-based search' section.

Wed Mar 16 11:50:00 MSK 2005 [!] - svowl - Bug: If the application formula for a tax was defined as 'ST' and this tax was applied to the cart, then under some circumstances the cart total was calculated in a wrong way. Fixed.

Wed Mar 16 11:00:37 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug in X-Configurator: Product categories for configurable products were not updated properly under certain circumstances (for example, you could assign a configurable product to more than one categories, but could not dissociate the product from the categories it was already assigned to). Fixed.

Wed Mar 16 10:43:39 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: Information about the selected product options was corrupted on the order details page if after the order had been placed the provider edited or deleted the product options with which the product was ordered. Fixed.

Tue Mar 15 12:22:06 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The JavaScript code for updating product price on-the-fly depending on the selected product options and quantity (Product details page) did not take into account the value of 'Disable inventory tracking' option. Fixed.

Tue Mar 15 10:37:21 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The 'Change password' functionality did not work when change of passwords was required of providers (GOLD only). Fixed.

Mon Mar 14 11:54:13 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: Unregistered customers could view all the shipping methods even if the option 'Enable all shipping methods even if a customer is not logged in' was disabled. Fixed.

Mon Mar 14 11:39:07 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: billing/shipping firstname/lastname fields were not subjected to the server side validation procedure on anonymous checkout page. Fixed.

Mon Mar 14 10:14:12 MSK 2005 [!] - mclap - Bug: X-Cart was unable to detect Verisign PayFlow Pro binaries under Windows system. Fixed.

Fri Mar 11 16:45:59 MSK 2005[*] - mclap - Improvement: Now a payment transaction can be processed by CyberSource payment module via compiled binary client in addition to the perl module.

Wed Mar 09 17:37:57 MSK 2005[*] - mclap - Improvement: The script for HTML Catalog generation will try to fetch a page again when the result of the first fetching is empty (max 5 times).

Wed Mar 09 14:43:22 MSK 2005[*] - max - Improvement: If the country field is disabled in the General settings/User profile options section, the list of states for the default country (defined in the General settings/General options section) is displayed now on the register form.

Wed Mar 09 11:50:40 MSK 2005[*] - max - Improvement: Visa Electron card type support is added to Protx VSP Direct payment module.

Wed Mar 09 10:54:58 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: Cardia Shop 2.0 payment module supported the old response code which caused the transactions that failed on the Cardia Shop side to become pending. Fixed.

Mon Mar 07 15:03:49 MSK 2005 [!] - mclap - Bug: The product subscription on a weekly basis could not be prolonged automaticaly (Subscriptions module). Fixed.

Mon Mar 07 14:28:13 MSK 2005[*] - max - Improvement: ANZ eGate Server-Hosted payment module is updated to API version 2.0.

Mon Mar 07 10:31:43 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: A provider could export all the products' extra fields, including the extra fields created by the other providers (PRO only). Fixed.

Fri Mar 04 09:31:26 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: When multiple products were edited as a group, the option 'Apply global discounts' could not be disabled for the whole group of products at once - you had to uncheck the checkbox separately for each product. Fixed.

Thu Mar 03 16:28:09 MSK 2005 [!] - mclap - Bug: PHP settings were detected incorrectly under PHP 4.1.2 under some circumstances. Fixed.

Wed Mar 02 15:34:35 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The order of product variants was not copied from the original product during the product cloning procedure. Fixed.

Wed Mar 02 09:37:00 MSK 2005[*] - mclap - Improvement: The speed of functions ini_get_bool() and bool_get() is increased for PHP versions prior to 4.2.0.

Tue Mar 01 17:53:43 MSK 2005[*] - max - Improvement: PayGateway (Paradata Systems) payment module is updated (API version 1.6.5).

Tue Mar 01 16:25:13 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The information about a user's password was not included into HTML-style email notifications although the option 'Include user password in e-mail notifications to the Users department' was enabled. Fixed.

Tue Mar 01 16:18:14 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: SQL error occured during the product cloning procedure if the product being cloned had options and the option class name or the option value contained a quote symbol. Fixed.

Tue Mar 01 16:08:19 MSK 2005[*] - max - Improvement: AuthorizeNet AIM payment module is updated according to the requirements of the re-certification procedure.

Mon Feb 28 09:23:56 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: If for some product product variants were defined, then on the pages where products list was displayed (category page. search results page etc) the price of this product was displayed as the price of the first variant instead of the cheapest variant price. Fixed.

Fri Feb 25 15:13:15 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: CURL and OpenSSL https bouncers sent certain types of HTTP headers in a wrong format. This could negatively affect the work of some payment modules (e.g. Cardia Shop) - because of that transactions were not passed to the payment gateways. Fixed.

Fri Feb 25 12:12:44 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The discount coupons applied by anonymous customer to the cart were lost after the customer's login. Fixed.

Fri Feb 25 11:43:01 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The icon.php script was used for displaying category icons instead of the real URL when icons were stored on the file system within X-Cart directory (X-FancyCategories). Using this script slowed down image loading. Fixed.

Fri Feb 25 11:04:00 MSK 2005 [!] - svowl - Bug: The values of the additional user profile fields were lost when UPS AV Tool declined the shipping address entered by a customer (This bug appeared if the UPS Address Validation Tool was enabled and some additional fields for the user profile were defined). Fixed.

Thu Feb 24 16:31:05 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: A Javascript error occured on the product details page of a product with product options and Javascript validation turned on when the currency symbol was defined as a hieroglyph. Fixed.

Thu Feb 24 10:56:15 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: When administrator modified an order in X-AOM and viewed the ordered products section during the modification process, the product options data of the first product in the order was inherited by the other products in the same order, so it looked like all the products in the order had options while in fact some of them did not. Fixed.

Thu Feb 24 09:54:49 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The database backup procedure did not retrieve the information about fulltext indexes from the table description. Fixed.

Tue Feb 22 12:22:34 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: If several languages were enabled in a store, and a customer visited the store and selected one of them, but later the administrator disabled the language selected by the customer, the customer, nevertheless, was able to see the store in the same language when he returned there next time. Fixed.

Thank you.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:38 AM

X-Adept

Just upgraded and notice a problem on the /customer/main/product.tpl; (unmodified 4.0.13)

If product has variants the prices are displayed like this;
£195.00
£295.00
£395.00

If prices have no variants, the price is displayed correctly like this;
бё100.00

Any help please?

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 03-29-2005, 09:46 AM

X-Adept

Fixed this by updating the £ to бё in the general settings, just in case anyone else encounters this problem.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 03-31-2005, 08:10 PM

What the H..... I just finished installing all my Mods from the 4.0.12 upgrade..... when do I get to stop????
Old 04-01-2005, 04:09 AM

I'm going to play devils advocate here cause I am really tired of the whining. Post and post I have to listen to people whine about upgrading.

- First you do not have to upgrade...you can stay on the version youБ─≥re at if you have no problems. Almost all of the upgrades help transparent items working in the background that you probably don't have to change anyway.

- Second unlike other shopping carts which have many flaws and a LOT less features, XC takes the time to work out bugs and items that may affect its cart. I was shocked when I tried to use OScommerce, COMPLETELY pales in comparison to Xcart and has almost not fixes, upgrades, or support.

- Third...WHAT THE *&%^ is so wrong with Xcart sending out upgrades and fixing bugs...jeez. NO CART is perfect and NEVER will be...its a fact of life, software is a constant evolution. Almost every version I have used out of the box has worked with very little problems...I did not NEED to upgrade, only if I like a new feature would be the main reason.

- So few post saying hey thanks for the upgrade, thanks for making your product better!!

I have no affiliation with Xcart, so don't go thinking im getting paid to say this stuff. Honestly, I would just like to say for the couple hundred bucks I got an awesome, POWERFUL cart that is constantly getting WAY better and I pay NOTHING ELSE. I would say THANK YOU Xcart...keep up the GREAT WORK.

IБ─≥m spent so peace out
Old 04-01-2005, 04:27 AM

Veteran

Well said Stryker, I couldn't agree more.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:24 AM

eXpert

Stryker,

You have hit the nail on the head. This forum has a small subset of whiners (and we know who they are) and I think a larger population of quiet satisfied customers. I am a satisfied customer, shoot, for the price I paid, I feel like I am the who ripped Xcart off not, not visa versa.

Also, he is quite right, for those that whine about how hard it is to upgrade, then don't. I will probably stay at 4.0.12, until I see a glaring bug that needs to be fixed. Then I will upgrade.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:24 AM

I would agree with you in some respects. I do not use a lot of the mods. Why can't they fix the small things.......... Better search...Better check out...
faster Fancy Cap menu......... Better SE placement mods.
If they could get the simple things done a lot of the small users would not have a problem with the up-grade because they would not have to have mods.

I for one only have about 5-6 pages that require changing to clear the up-grade. I'm just very slow at getting things changed and also want to stay up dated so I've done each and every up-grade.
It's not that I'm unhappy about them keeping up and yes it's free. It just seems like I never stop working on the cart...... Kind of like "The house" it never gets really finished.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 AM

Advanced Member

Default Smarty Problem i think

Hi i have just uploaded the 4.0.13 upgrade and cant run the patch upgrade or browse our site because of an error:

Error!
One of files in your instalation got one of the following status: checksum error, non-writable, not a file.
This is critical error. Patch/upgrade process cannot continue.
Please correct these errors.

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in modules/Fancy_Categories/Explorer/fancy_categories.tpl line 80]: [plugin] function smarty_function_math() not found in /xxxxx/yyyyyyy in /xxxxx/yyyyyyy/public_html/Smarty-2.6.3/Smarty.class.php on line 1082

Please anybody had similar experience. It looks like the function.math.php file might be disagreeing with our fancycategories addon.

thanks in advance.
X-FancyCategories
PHP 4.3.2
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 AM

Veteran

Quote:
It just seems like I never stop working on the cart

Welcome to e-commerce
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements