Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 rc3 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-27-2006, 08:25 AM

X-Wizard

I read that. They fixed it for the person. As much as I'd like to fix it, I can't apply this patch without the ability to login.

I don't have time to play games, I'll contact x-cart directly.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 03-27-2006, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I read that. They fixed it for the person. As much as I'd like to fix it, I can't apply this patch without the ability to login.

Use the "I Forgot My Password" option and have it email you your password. It will probably be a bunch of weird characters, but that is what your password is. Just cut and paste it and you will be able to log in.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:13 AM

X-Wizard

Thanks for the advice, but I tried that. The default login/password for the admin area was admin/admin. That won't let me login, so I did as you suggested. In my case, the email I got sent the same combination and it wasn't encrypted. It just will not let me login using the correct values. Very strange.
Apache 2.4
Old 03-27-2006, 08:12 PM

X-Wizard

I directly contacted x-cart about this, they also weren't interested in helping me because it's just a release candidate version. I don't need help, I'm reporting a bug. I installed this thing to see how it worked, not to go live with it.

My expereience - It doesn't work on my PHP ver. 4.3.8 server. When correctly installed, it didn't allow me to login as admin using the default login and password, your results may be different. If you try to retrieve the password, the default information is correctly sent by email, but using that same information it still wouldn't let me in. Since I was never able to get past the aadmin login screen, no further evaluation was possible.
Apache 2.4
Old 03-27-2006, 09:10 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maree
Chereie, the Aussie Post shipping calculator was in the 4.0 demo so I dont trust the demos at all.

The Australian Post Delivery Calculator was included in 4.1.0. On the 4.0.x demo you could see just the rates for Australian Post shipping methods that were defined manually (which was not the real-time calculator). That is how the Australian version of the demo site was configured.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
Brand new install, all went smooth. Only problem - I can't login. Use default password and login, no. Recover password, no problem. Try to use them to login, it won't let me in. How do you run the patch if you can't login to the thing?

PHP Version 4.3.8

Please, log in as provider/provider, then go to the 'Modules' section and disable the module 'Simple Mode'. Then log out and log in as admin/admin.
This will help you.

The issue is related to RC3 PRO only and is caused by 'Simple Mode' module enabled in the default SQL dump.

Thank you for the report.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:34 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
I just type an email in and hit subscribe. Could this be occurring because of the RC3 over RC2 patch and not a fresh install?

Any idea why the HTML mailer displays as code once it hits a user's mailbox? Could this be becuase of the patch as well?

You are right, we found out this bug. It only happens when Neon Lights skin is installed on RC3. This has been fixed. Thank you.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:01 AM

X-Wizard

I couldn't find it in the demo, but will 4.1 allow the display of product options in product listings so a customer can choose a product's options and add the product to the cart directly from the list?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:21 PM

X-Wizard

I am getting to the critical point of starting a new site, I realize it would be at my own risk. But some of you guys know xcart pretty well and my question is, would it be wise to start building with RC3?

Do you think I would be able to update it when 4.1.0 comes out?

Thanks
Photo

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 03-28-2006, 12:29 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo
I am getting to the critical point of starting a new site, I realize it would be at my own risk. But some of you guys know xcart pretty well and my question is, would it be wise to start building with RC3?

Do you think I would be able to update it when 4.1.0 comes out?
I'm not sure that there would be an upgrade path, at least one that would be supported. If you have time to kill then I'd say go for it. I just don't have the time to do RC3 then move to the final version, so I'm waiting for 4.1 to be finished and I have a couple already lined up to build. Though I think it's risky to jump on a .0 release for a production site.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements