X-Cart 4.1.0 rc3 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-24-2006, 11:00 AM

X-Adept

[quote="markwhoo"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL408
What do you want to do with the site?

Transaction does just that. Makes sales. So, NON does what? No Sales so therefore multifunctional does what? BOTH

Again, what do YOU do?

Thanks for your response, Mark. I certainly understand what the words multifuctional, transactional and non-transanction mean. Just wasn't sure how these type of databases are referenced to Xcart. This is why I asked.

And yes, I have already looked up the MYSQL reference page for more info. I don't quite understand how XCart make use of InnoDB and/or MyISAM storage engine, this is why I asked.

Multifunctional Database: This option enables both the InnoDB and MyISAM storage engines and divides resources evenly between the two. This option is recommended for users who use both storage engines on a regular basis.

Transactional Database Only: This option enables both the InnoDB and MyISAM storage engines, but dedicates most server resources to the InnoDB storage engine. This option is recommended for users who use InnoDB almost exclusively and make only minimal use of MyISAM.

Non-Transactional Database Only: This option disables the InnoDB storage engine completely and dedicates all server resources to the MyISAM storage engine. This option is recommended for users who do not use InnoDB.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative xpress
I can not seem to log in using the master user.

I ran into the same issue. When you ask to "recover password" it looks like it's encyrpted.

I've done an RC3 install too and it has same effect - cleared out and started afresh (mysql and apache) and simply wont let in - recovery password fives gibberish
Old 03-25-2006, 02:34 PM

Advanced Member

Does the Australia Post real time shipping work? (seeing as it was on the xcart demo for 4.0 but once we installed xcart found it was not in 4.0)

Can you have individual images for product variants?

Is there a multiple add to cart button for multiple products on a page?

All Basic functions we expect in a shopping cart. I'm not waiting for 4.2 for these.[/list]
Old 03-25-2006, 03:29 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maree
Can you have individual images for product variants?
I believe this is in 4.1. Have you checked for these in the demo?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:59 PM

Advanced Member

Chereie, the Aussie Post shipping calculator was in the 4.0 demo so I dont trust the demos at all.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:04 PM

I am having a problem adding products to the cart when on the detailed product pages, but the buy-now buttons on the category pages are working fine, anyone come across this problem?
Old 03-27-2006, 07:22 AM

X-Wizard

Brand new install, all went smooth. Only problem - I can't login. Use default password and login, no. Recover password, no problem. Try to use them to login, it won't let me in. How do you run the patch if you can't login to the thing?

PHP Version 4.3.8
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 03-27-2006, 08:08 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
Brand new install, all went smooth. Only problem - I can't login. Use default password and login, no. Recover password, no problem. Try to use them to login, it won't let me in. How do you run the patch if you can't login to the thing?

PHP Version 4.3.8

read back through this topic

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 03-27-2006, 08:17 AM

X-Wizard

I've read the entire thing, what about it? Seems like other people are having the same problem and I do not see the solution here. I can register as a customer, but obviously I need to login as admin. I tried changing the registered customer to "A" in phpMyAdmin, that didn't work. I see a patch file which I cannot apply unless I login as admin. Please point out the solution if there is one, as I didn't see it in 4 pages of threads.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 03-27-2006, 08:22 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by svowl
Here is the result of our investigation (thanks to Shan who provided the details of the problem):

X-Cart's blowfish ecryption procedure uses binary operations like '&', '|' and '>>'. We discovered that these operations were processed incorrectly by PHP internals in some PHP verions (4.0.6, 5.0.2), so we implemented a check-up in include/blowfish.php of X-Cart 4.1.0 RC2 and RC3 that made X-Cart use a special wrapper if the version of PHP being used matched one of the problem PHP version numbers. Investigating the request, we discovered that the issue was also related to such extentions as Zend Optimizer (which was used on the server on the problem case) and, possibly, to some other accelerators as well.

We corrected the check-up procedure so that a wrapper is now used if a string first encrypted and then decrypted does not turn out the same as the authentic string. This check-up is performed once per user session when blowfish encryption routine is called. Unfortunately, using a wrapper requires about twice as much time as the standard procedure.

Please find attached to this message a patch file "patch.diff". It should fix the issue on RC3.

If you choose to apply these changes, please let me know the results.

Thank you

read this

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements