X-Cart 4.1.0 beta 1 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-24-2005, 11:35 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: estimated release date

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucer
I know that developers usually do not want to mention an exact release date for the stable release for obvious reasons, but I had just purchased 4.0.16 and spent some time modifying it and will soon have someone make even more modifications to get the store ready for xmas season.

I would like to know, if possible, when would the estimated release date would be. At lease if it will be this year or in 2006.

There are some really neat fetures in 4.1.0 version that i would like to have and some stuff that I was thinking of having custom added is in it so, I dont want to pay for something that will be available very soon.

Even a very broad info like what the usual beta to stable release pattern has been in the past would help.

thanks all.

Considering it is still in beta it will be a while.

Even if 4.1 was released tomorrow i would not upgrade my site to it yet as by business relies on it so I would wait for a few dot releases. 4.1 has things that I have been waiting a long time for and I am really excited that they have been included in this version. It will probably work fine for most but I can't take that chance especially with as busy as it gets over the next two months. My 4.0 branch install works great and will take me through the holiday season.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Company in shipping and billing address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Speed

That's a nice checkout!!

Did you do the code for it?

Yes we did it in house. At first I was thinking about making a mod, but there are so many php and tpl files involved that it would be a hassle to distribute the mod for different X-Cart versions.

Thomas

X-Cart 4.0.15
Old 10-24-2005, 05:42 PM

eXpert

I am sorry if this was answered in the 6 or so pages in this post but...

Where are the addons for 4.1.X? Configurator, Compare, RMA, etc...

I know this is still in beta, I was just making sure they didn't miss them in my files area.
Advanced Order Management Module
RMA Module
Feature Compare Module
Blue Dream theme by 7Dana.com
Old 10-24-2005, 10:00 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t0pless
Where are the addons for 4.1.X? Configurator, Compare, RMA, etc...

We haven't released any addons yet, except X-FancyCategories.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 PM

X-Cart team

Thanks to all of you for the feedback! Some of your suggessions will be included in the final release.

As has been mentioned several times on this forum, W3C compatibility does not mean compatibility with different browsers. As you know, not all the producers of web browsers strictly follow these standards in the development of their products (it is enough to have a look at the results of Acid2 test to find that out).

The main point of X-Cart software is a compatibility with different browsers. We will investigate the possibility to redesign the templates for compliance with W3C standards without losing compatibility with specific browsers. If, as a result of investigating this problem, a decision will be made to redesign the templates, the final release will have to be delayed for another two months.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:24 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by svowl
Thanks to all of you for the feedback! Some of your suggessions will be included in the final release.

As has been mentioned several times on this forum, W3C compatibility does not mean compatibility with different browsers. As you know, not all the producers of web browsers strictly follow these standards in the development of their products (it is enough to have a look at the results of Acid2 test to find that out).

The main point of X-Cart software is a compatibility with different browsers. We will investigate the possibility to redesign the templates for compliance with W3C standards without losing compatibility with specific browsers. If, as a result of investigating this problem, a decision will be made to redesign the templates, the final release will have to be delayed for another two months.

Not everyone will agree (because of a possible delayin release) but I think thats great news. Its all about making the standard product live up to its true potential. I love using xcart and the community that we have its just frustrating when there are simple things lacking. Its not like the talent isnt there to fix things, they just seem to have been overlooked.

use this oportunity to make the templates and workflow as near perfect as you can and reap the benefits in the long term

The focus should be on making xcart as compatible / cleanly coded / intuitive / simple for shoppers to use as possible

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 10-25-2005, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan-works
Importing products wether it be comma, tab or semicolon does not work for me, it dosent give me an error msg or anything..just nothing
anybody else have this problem?

I'm having the same problem. After clicking import I am redirected to a page with a message that says it's checking the csv file and nothing else happens, it just hangs. Not even an error message. So I exported the sample product list, downloaded it then tried to import and got the same results. Nothing happens at all.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:13 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
The focus should be on making xcart as compatible / cleanly coded / intuitive / simple for shoppers to use as possible

Well said, spot on!

I've personally spent ages cleaning up code, rewriting CSS, stripping nested tables etc etc - if it was done 'out of the box' it would save me so much time - I'd be prepared to wait 6 additional months for a 'clean' version.

Saying that, I'm sure there's many out there who would benefit from the new features now - perhaps something for 4.2 ?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:28 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
I can live with that! This would be a great addition. After Wholesale improvements, this would be the next biggest change for 4.1. Here is what I see as the biggest enhancements in 4.1:
  1. Wholesale prices for product variants.
  2. Template overhaul including full W3C compliance. (if it makes the cut)
  3. Fast Lane Checkout.
  4. Admin/multi-customer simultaneous login.
  5. Blowfish encryption.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:48 AM

X-Adept

Quote:

Two months is nothing

Now is the time and modernizing the code is very important. If you don't do it now it would have to wait for 4.2 and that is way too far away. You have tons of beta testers here to help you out and I bet Boomer and Shan wouldn't mind a little contract work if you need to outsource to speed up the work

I would love to see full css based layout but I am a dreamer so at least cleaning up the code would be great!!!
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements