Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Where to change the content of the homepage of xcart --HELP!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-12-2004, 05:53 AM

Default Where to change the content of the homepage of xcart --HELP!

Any body know where to change the content of the homepage of www.yourdomain.com/xcart/customer/home.php. Since I am a newbie of using Xcart 3.5.4 Gold version and just installed recently.

The content should be like that:-

Welcome to Your Company Name
This is a demo store with a powerful X-CART engine inside, based on PHP4 templates technology integrated with SQL database. If you order the X-Cart software, you will be able to setup a web store having all of the features this demo has. To test-drive this store, you can browse categories, add/remove products and view our help pages. You can even issue a test order. Feel free to test anything you like.

This service is for demo purposes only. No real products. No real prices. No real charges. This is a demonstration. Please do not submit real credit card information.

Please give advice if any body know.

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Old 03-12-2004, 09:07 AM

X-Adept

Most of your default text is found under Admin>Languages. Select English from the dropdown menu and then at the bottom change LABEL to TEXT, then do a search for keywords and it will help you locate what you are looking for.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:33 PM

Default How to change the content of the X-cart homepage.

Hi Lyncca,

Tnanks for your information and it is ok (actually, I have done it before, but I forget how to do it agin).

However, I have created a variable called txt_welcome' instead of txt_welcome variable. However, I tried to delete the txt_welcome' by locate this variable and click delete and apply change, but it still exist. I don't why.

I tried to create another variable txt_welcome and enter the text inside this varibable, the homepage content was changed. But I cannot find this variable, but the system only shows txt_welcome'. Therefore, I tried to delete the old txt_welcome' variable, but not working.

Do you have any idea how to delete this dummy variable?

Please give advice.

Thanks and regards,

Andy Ng
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design