Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XCSEO Pro

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 06-23-2008, 04:01 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: XCSEO Pro - Best X-Cart SEO module available!

Quote:
Additionally, XCSEO Pro will never be replaced by a similar product, with customers having to pay the difference in cost.

Jon,

As a 25 year veteran of the software biz, using the word Never is dangerous. Many software releases are updated and improved, and the companies will charge an upgrade fee. This is reasonable and expected. Those that do not charge upgrades "forever" risk the ability to stay in business. At some point, you must be paid for your work.

I applaud your enthusiasm and idealism, but the reality is that just because a competing product charges an upgrade fee, it does not make it a lesser product. I hear what you're trying to say, but this is not the place to try to make this point. Please keep your pitch to your web site, ok?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:07 AM

X-Wizard

1st, this is the place that I'm pitching my product, as this thread is here to... pitch my product. Same as other vendors in this forum.

2nd, it's not dangerous for me to offer this, as this software is not my sole source of income. Heck, I've offered XCSEO Basic for free for several years now, it's not hurt me any, and actually has only helped me and the X-Cart community.

I'm just trying to offer a good product, and assure my customers that they won't be screwed over. Who wants to purchase software, have some feature(s) missing or some severe limitations, and then see a new version of that software released later on, fixing the missing features/limitations, and you're charged for it?

So really, I feel this is the perfect place to pitch my product, it's features, etc, as this is the *thread* for my product, and I feel that your criticisms (which always seem to focus on me, interestingly) don't belong in this thread, and instead would belong in a private message to me if you feel there's an issue.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
the reality is that just because a competing product charges an upgrade fee, it does not make it a lesser product
Agreed, it just proves the point that others are more focus on making as much money as possible, as opposed to being concerned with delivering a good product on the first go-round.
And while both my product and the competing product are very similar, I have not yet lost a single client to the competing product, yet I have already had several clients migrate *away* from that competing product, to my product, so that means the competing product isn't superior either, now does it?

Regardless, I feel if Qualiteam can offer a lifetime license for X-Cart, and survive, then I can do the same for XCSEO Pro. I'm not so eager to make money, that I'm willing to hurt my customers financially in the process.

Cheers
Old 06-24-2008, 01:47 AM

Hi Jon,

Recently Google authority Matt Cutts warns of cloaking (XCSEO)

Is this true ??

X-Cart Gold 4.3.2 - Live
Smart Search -
7Dana Colour Skin -
CDSEO PRO -
Ultimate Mini Cart -
Old 06-24-2008, 07:54 AM

X-Wizard

Hi William, I actually created a post in this forum a week or two ago, to defend XCSEO against the propaganda being spread against it by WebsiteCM, but the thread was kaiboshed by "carpeperdiem", as he's apparently chosen to support WebsiteCM, despite being a moderator.

Regardless, that article title is bogus, was specifically designed by Jon Peters to make you think that Matt Cutts was warning against XCSEO. Additionally, he generalized his statement by saying "XCSEO" instead of "XCSEO Basic" (my free module, which is the only module he can try to address with that statement), just so he can try to ruin sales for XCSEO Pro. Sly, eh?

To explain XCSEO Basic & Pro:

Basic is free, and open source. It's been out for 3 years, auto-replaces URLs similar to DSEFU Pro, and users have NEVER had a problem with Google when using XCSEO Basic. The controversial feature of that module, is that when it sees a search engine on the website, it only shows the search engine links to this-is-my-product-pr-123.html, and doesn't show url variations such as this-is-my-product-c-4-pr-123.html or this-is-my-product-print-pr-123.html

The reason being that you don't want to have duplicate content issues with Google. Also, removing those extra URLs reduces the amount of time that a bot has to spend on your website crawling urls/pages. It's a two-fold benefit. And as I mentioned, I've never had a user of the free module, ever report a problem from this.

This actually is NOT cloaking, although Jon Peters would have you believe so. Cloaking, as specified by Google, is anything that tries to fool search engines and/or users, to show different content, etc. All that happens with XCSEO Basic, is that the URLs get reduced to 1 primary URL structure, with the page content still being the same (the -c-4 just specifies the category name in the breadcrumb, the -print- just shows a printable page version, but it's always the same content, which Google is happy with).

I'm sure Jon Peters is "weary" of this technique (despite the word being "wary"), but that's only because XCSEO Basic, a free module, has stolen several of his CDSEO customers already, and then he generalized to cover XCSEO Pro as well, since THAT has already stolen a number of his customers already.

To continue, XCSEO Pro is my commercial SEO module that allows full URL control, and was released about a month ago. It does not use this technique, as it is very different from XCSEO Basic. It blocks bad urls via robots.txt, and has no controversial techniques being employed.

Regarding base feature comparisons of XCSEO Pro & CDSEO Pro, both have the same basic feature set (with each having extraneous additional features), so really it comes down to a price difference of $80 to $100, depending on without or with installation, respectively.

In closing, I apologize if this post makes it obvious that I'm more than bothered by Jon Peters' propaganda, and the fact that a moderator in the forum has been stopping me from responding to this uninformed propaganda attempt, but I'm sure anyone can understand my feelings on this subject.

Thanks for bringing up this issue, William, which has allowed me to address it directly within the forum.

Cheers
Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
Hi Eric, I hope to have that functionality implemented within 1-2 weeks (preferably sooner, but I can't guarantee). And no, all updates to XCSEO Pro are provided freely to all XCSEO Pro customers. Additionally, XCSEO Pro will never be replaced by a similar product, with customers having to pay the difference in cost. Anything that can be done to improve XCSEO Pro, will always be contributed back to XCSEO Pro's code and all customers
Just wanted to add my name to the thread as reminder. Will check back in a few weeks on the new module progress.

Cheers!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:36 AM

X-Wizard

Sounds good, I hope to have the bulk of this functionality available this week. I'll update via this thread when ready

Cheers
Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi Eric, I hope to have that functionality implemented within 1-2 weeks (preferably sooner, but I can't guarantee). And no, all updates to XCSEO Pro are provided freely to all XCSEO Pro customers. Additionally, XCSEO Pro will never be replaced by a similar product, with customers having to pay the difference in cost. Anything that can be done to improve XCSEO Pro, will always be contributed back to XCSEO Pro's code and all customers

I will be ready to make the purchase as soon as this functionality is ready. Thank you.

-Eric
Upselling Products,
Product Options,
Old 06-24-2008, 12:21 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Sounds good, I hope to have the bulk of this functionality available this week. I'll update via this thread when ready

Cheers
Forgot to ask, would this mod work with IIS6 on Windows 2003 Server? Thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:07 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL408
Forgot to ask, would this mod work with IIS6 on Windows 2003 Server? Thanks!

It has not yet been tested on IIS, but I will work with you to ensure that it functions properly.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:12 PM

Jon,

Thanks for clearing everything up, I am now ready to purchase this off you.

Cheers
X-Cart Gold 4.3.2 - Live
Smart Search -
7Dana Colour Skin -
CDSEO PRO -
Ultimate Mini Cart -
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4