Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-23-2005, 11:37 AM

Regarding Telafirma's mod I am not able to get it to work after following the installation....the images are not resampling. Also, did anybody experience any parse errors after installing the mod? I am running x-cart 4.0.17 gold with advanced order management add-on.

If anybody has any ideas please let me know...

Thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 04:45 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilitalo
Regarding Telafirma's mod I am not able to get it to work after following the installation....the images are not resampling. Also, did anybody experience any parse errors after installing the mod? I am running x-cart 4.0.17 gold with advanced order management add-on.

If anybody has any ideas please let me know...

Thanks

Please contact me via email or via one of my IM addresses listed so that I can help you get this working.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:36 AM

I sent an email to telafirm@telafirma.com... Also I have added you to my MSN my name is Juventino viva_juventus@hotmail.com

I am not getting a parse error anymore it was a Dreamweaver issue...

the pictures are not resampling however... here is the link of the cart

http://www2.evangelistasports.com/ecart/home.php?cat=1

Thank you...

Davide
Old 11-28-2005, 05:02 AM

X-Adept

Wondering if this mod would work in XC 3.4.6? I would be willing to test it.

http://www.topnichewebsites.com
Version 4.4.5

Michael
Old 11-28-2005, 05:40 AM

This looks like it'll become a staple "must have" script around here... so... in the next version, is there's any prospect of:

Being able to feed the script a big 24 bit PNG, and
having it pump out an 8 or 24 bit png for the little thumbnails (with transparency data intact), and
having it generate good quality JPGs for the bigger images used on the product.tpl page and the the blowup?

I know that'd be the killer solution for my site. I hope I'm being clear here: you provide a big, detailed image in a lossless format (or whatever souce format people choose), and have the script spit out the right lossy or lossly format for each of the generated ones.

That would provide a best of all worlds scenario, methinks.

I'm not a scripter, but I think even I could hack this in... hmm.
BCSE: Referral Pts-Surveys-BatchUp-OrderEZ- Reviews-RSS
FT: Glossary-OptCopt-AdvSrch-Recently Viewed-Also Bought
CM: eZConversion
XP: SalesRecovery, MultCrncy
Old 11-28-2005, 08:04 AM

X-Adept

Right now the Mod will support PNG graphics. I never really though about it doing format conversion though. This might be something that I can work in.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:02 PM

Advanced Member

TelaFirma,

I bought this mod from you and love it so far. Like lkbryant suggested above, I think it would be a good idea to have a max height setting also. Right now, all you can set is the max width for each picture. That way, I wouldn't have to go through all my images and make sure there is white space on the sides in order for there to be some uniformity among my site. It would be great if I could set the max height and width for each picture (e.g., thumbnail, detailed image thumbnail, detailed image, etc.). The hack I did on my product_t.tpl went something like this:

Code:
{if $products[product].image_x gt $products[product].image_y}{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url}{else}{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid image_y=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url}{/if}

I know it's a complete hack but it works. If my picture is taller than it is wide then the image is reduced based on height. If the picutre is wider than it is tall, then the picutre is reduced based on width. This way, my picture fits in a box that will never be bigger than my thumbnail_width setting in the admin section. It would be great if you could impliment this into your mod somehow.

I should mention that this mod does not stretch pictures beyond their original size. In other words, if the picture you uplaod as your thumbnail is 150 x 200 and you set this mod to resize images to a width of 300, it will not stretch the image. The image will stay in its original size. This is a good thing and prevents pixilation. I just thought I would point that out if anyone was concerned.

Thanks for the great mod!

T.J.
XAOM
DSEFU Pro
XGift Reg
Firetank Feed Manager
BCSE Shipping Calculator
XcartMod Dynamic Images
Old 11-30-2005, 08:47 PM

Default smarty error in dynamic image mod

okay, I must admit I feel a bit sheepish not seeing any other errors or problems posted here so forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have installed the mod as directed, my cart is running on a windows server (which may be my problem I am used to linux) and this is what I am experiencing:

I uploaded a product:

http://www.costlittle.com/cart/home.php?cat=30

the thumbnail works great, then when I click on the image to view the product I get an ugly error saying:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\hshome\maxfurni\costlittle.com\cart\Smarty-2.6.9\plugins\function.thumb.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 51

(http://www.costlittle.com/cart/product.php?productid=66&cat=30&page=1)

Here is the path I entered to my images directory when I switched from storing them in the database to the file system:

D:\hshome\maxfurni\costlittle.com\cart\images

(I am not sure if the "\" are supposed to be "/" towards the end on windows?)

Everything worked fine (with the images on the db) before I switched over to storing them on the file system but the mod would not work, so I am guessing the problem lies somewhere therein.

Thank you so much for your help...
Old 12-01-2005, 03:57 AM

X-Adept

PM'd you with some information.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Great Success....

The Telafirma image mod is working great thanks their help!!! I would reccomend it!!

Thank You Telafirma
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4