Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

errors after modifying a .php file

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 04-30-2003, 06:31 PM

Default errors after modifying a .php file

I'm having some basic difficulties understanding whether or not I actually modify a given file - I open them through Smart FTP, and it often asks if I want to overwrite or skip - but then asks me again the next time I open it. This last time, I copied to my desktop, and back, and seem to have knocked out the entire site. We're losing money at a phenomenal rate when it's not up, and I have no idea how to restore it. I tried (I think) to replace the file I modified by dragging and dropping from an earlier backed up version to the FTP folder, but this seemed to do nothing.

http://trouncerecords.com will show you the errors. I'm not sure how to check to see if I added blank lines, or how to successfully remove and save the file if I did. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Errors are below:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/trouncer/public_html/include/func.php on line 34

Warning: session_register() [function.session-register]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/trouncer/public_html/include/func.php:34) in /home/trouncer/public_html/include/partner_info.php on line 46

Warning: session_register() [function.session-register]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/trouncer/public_html/include/func.php:34) in /home/trouncer/public_html/include/partner_info.php on line 46

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/trouncer/public_html/include/func.php:34) in /home/trouncer/public_html/customer/referer.php on line 61
Old 05-01-2003, 04:30 AM

X-Guru

how are you getting on here ?

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 05-07-2003, 01:58 PM

I'm having basic difficulties trying to figure out exactly how to modify a .php file. I use SmartFTP - and when I try to "view" config.php (or any .php file, really) it seems to treat the request as an attempt to overwrite the "existing" file - it seems to have a record of two sepearate files. In the past, I tried several methods (overwriting, aborting, etc) and seemed to get it right by trial-and-error, but this most recent time, Shan had to fix it for me (by replacing the original file, I think.)

I'm now trying to re-modify everything I did before, but I'm scared of messing it up again. I changed the permissions to 744 (from 644) but this doesn't seem to make any difference. I'll keep looking around the forums for answers, but it seems to be a pretty basic problem on my end.

What's the basic procedure for safely modifying a .php file (and not adding empty lines and all that). Will replacing the original with a backup fix any damages I cause?
Old 05-08-2003, 03:41 AM

X-Guru

Ill mail you later about this and other things

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design