Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Extra Fields displayed in the Product Details pages (solved)

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 04-27-2003, 03:07 PM

eXpert

Default Extra Fields displayed in the Product Details pages (solved)

The product details page shows the Extra Field labels even when there is no data in the field. How can I nix the display of the Extra Fields on the product details page if there is no data in the field? Can I do it in the modules/Extra_Fields/product.tpl? How?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:49 AM

X-Guru

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=2655&highlight=extra+fields
Old 04-28-2003, 07:21 PM

eXpert

Quote:
You'll notice im commenting out some of the variables {* comment *}

Hmmm, that looks like you are just supressing the extra fields regardless of whether they have data in them. I need to supress the fields only if they contain no data. I believe someone else was asking for this as well...
Old 04-29-2003, 12:57 PM

eXpert

Quote:
I need to supress the fields only if they contain no data. I believe someone else was asking for this as well...

That was me. Here is a link to my other post, maybe it will spark an idea or, dare I say it, a solution.

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=3147
Old 04-29-2003, 05:04 PM

eXpert

Default Suppress Extra Fields if they contain no data - Solution

Problem was resolved here: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?p=13867#13867

...but here is the code anyway (modules/Extra_Fields/product.tpl):
Code:
{* $Id: product.tpl,v 1.2 2002/04/23 10:38:01 mav Exp $ *} {section name=field loop=$extra_fields} {if $extra_fields[field].active eq "Y"} <tr><td width=30%> {if %field.index% eq 0 and $product.param00 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 1 and $product.param01 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 2 and $product.param02 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 3 and $product.param03 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 4 and $product.param04 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 5 and $product.param05 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 6 and $product.param06 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 7 and $product.param07 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 8 and $product.param08 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 9 and $product.param09 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {/if} </td> <td class="ProductPriceSmall"> {if %field.index% eq 0}{$product.param00} {elseif %field.index% eq 1}{$product.param01} {elseif %field.index% eq 2}{$product.param02} {elseif %field.index% eq 3}{$product.param03} {elseif %field.index% eq 4}{$product.param04} {elseif %field.index% eq 5}{$product.param05} {elseif %field.index% eq 6}{$product.param06} {elseif %field.index% eq 7}{$product.param07} {elseif %field.index% eq 8}{$product.param08} {elseif %field.index% eq 9}{$product.param09} {/if} </td> </tr> {/if} {/section}
Old 04-30-2003, 07:55 AM

eXpert

Ok, here's the ultimate chunky code, but it tests each extra field and won't print even a blank row if it there' nothing to print - sort of a modified version of the code above.

Code:
{* $Id: product.tpl,v 1.3 2003/04/30 10:38:01 TSC Exp $ *} {if $extra_fields[0].active eq "Y" and $product.param00 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[0].field}</td> <td>{$product.param00}</A></td> </tr> {/if} {if $extra_fields[1].active eq "Y" and $product.param01 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[1].field}</td> <td>{$product.param01}</td> </tr> {/if} {if $extra_fields[2].active eq "Y" and $product.param02 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[2].field}</td> <td>{$product.param02}</td> </tr> {/if} {if $extra_fields[3].active eq "Y" and $product.param03 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[3].field}</td> <td>{$product.param03}</td> </tr> {/if} {if $extra_fields[4].active eq "Y" and $product.param04 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[4].field}</td> <td>{$product.param04}</td> </tr> {/if} {if $extra_fields[5].active eq "Y" and $product.param05 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[5].field}</td> <td>{$product.param05}</td> </tr> {/if} {if $extra_fields[6].active eq "Y" and $product.param06 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[6].field}</td> <td>{$product.param06}</td> </tr> {/if} {if $extra_fields[7].active eq "Y" and $product.param07 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[7].field}</td> <td>{$product.param07}</td> </tr> {/if} {if $extra_fields[8].active eq "Y" and $product.param08 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[8].field}</td> <td>{$product.param08}</td> </tr> {/if} {if $extra_fields[9].active eq "Y" and $product.param09 ne ""} <tr> <td valign="top">{$extra_fields[9].field}</td> <td>{$product.param09}</td> </tr> {/if}
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design