Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Making the Extra Fields Template Smartyier

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 04-25-2003, 06:53 AM

eXpert

Default Making the Extra Fields Template Smartyier

Hi everyone,

I have been wresting with this problem for a day or so and have yet to find the right syntax. Hopefully someone here will show me the light.

Here's the code (it's altered a bit from the original file, but it shouldn't be a problem)...
Code:
{* $Id: product.tpl,v 1.2 2002/04/23 10:38:01 mav Exp $ *} {section name=field loop=$extra_fields} {if $extra_fields[field].active eq "Y"} {assign var="creator" value=$product.param00} <tr><td width=30% valign="top"> {$extra_fields[field].field}</td> <td> {if %field.index% eq 0}{$product.param00}{elseif %field.index% eq 1}{$product.param01}{elseif %field.index% eq 2}{$product.param02}{elseif %field.index% eq 3}{$product.param03}{elseif %field.index% eq 4}{$product.param04}{elseif %field.index% eq 5}{$product.param05}{elseif %field.index% eq 6}{$product.param06}{elseif %field.index% eq 7}{$product.param07}{elseif %field.index% eq 8}{$product.param08}{elseif %field.index% eq 9}{$product.param09}{/if} </td> </tr> {/if} {/section}

What I would like to do is improve the intelligence of the code by adding to the if statement at the top. Right now all the extra product.param fields (00 - 09) print out regardless of whether they have information in them or not. I would like to add to the if statement so that it will only print out the product.param fields that are NOT blank.

I tried altering the if statement with something like this:
Code:
{if $extra_fields[field].active eq "Y" and $product.param.%field.index%|string_format:"%02d" ne ""}

But the syntax is not quite right. I have tried adding backticks, quotes, apostrophes, etc., but nothing has worked yet. I couldnБ─≥t find the answer in the manual, so I hope this board can help.

Thanks in advance for any help provided
Old 04-29-2003, 02:10 PM

eXpert

OK - I think I've got it! Maybe not the most efficient way to code it, but best I could do not knowing much PHP or smarty:
Code:
{* $Id: product.tpl,v 1.2 2002/04/23 10:38:01 mav Exp $ *} {section name=field loop=$extra_fields} {if $extra_fields[field].active eq "Y"} <tr><td width=30%> {if %field.index% eq 0 and $product.param00 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 1 and $product.param01 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 2 and $product.param02 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 3 and $product.param03 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 4 and $product.param04 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 5 and $product.param05 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 6 and $product.param06 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 7 and $product.param07 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 8 and $product.param08 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 9 and $product.param09 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {/if} </td> </td> <td class="ProductPriceSmall"> {if %field.index% eq 0}{$product.param00} {elseif %field.index% eq 1}{$product.param01} {elseif %field.index% eq 2}{$product.param02} {elseif %field.index% eq 3}{$product.param03} {elseif %field.index% eq 4}{$product.param04} {elseif %field.index% eq 5}{$product.param05} {elseif %field.index% eq 6}{$product.param06} {elseif %field.index% eq 7}{$product.param07} {elseif %field.index% eq 8}{$product.param08} {elseif %field.index% eq 9}{$product.param09} {/if} </td> </tr> {/if} {/section}

One problem - the fields are supressed, but the space still seems to be taken up. Is there a smarty {trim} command or something like that??
Old 04-29-2003, 02:28 PM

eXpert

Definitely a step in the right direction. The html output was a little off, try this code instead.

Code:
{* $Id: product.tpl,v 1.2 2002/04/23 10:38:01 mav Exp $ *} {section name=field loop=$extra_fields} {if $extra_fields[field].active eq "Y"} <tr><td width=30%> {if %field.index% eq 0 and $product.param00 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 1 and $product.param01 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 2 and $product.param02 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 3 and $product.param03 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 4 and $product.param04 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 5 and $product.param05 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 6 and $product.param06 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 7 and $product.param07 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 8 and $product.param08 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {elseif %field.index% eq 9 and $product.param09 ne ""}{$extra_fields[field].field} {/if} </td> <td class="ProductPriceSmall"> {if %field.index% eq 0}{$product.param00} {elseif %field.index% eq 1}{$product.param01} {elseif %field.index% eq 2}{$product.param02} {elseif %field.index% eq 3}{$product.param03} {elseif %field.index% eq 4}{$product.param04} {elseif %field.index% eq 5}{$product.param05} {elseif %field.index% eq 6}{$product.param06} {elseif %field.index% eq 7}{$product.param07} {elseif %field.index% eq 8}{$product.param08} {elseif %field.index% eq 9}{$product.param09} {/if} </td> </tr> {/if} {/section}

I removed a </td> and
to help with the output. Kudos on the work
Old 04-29-2003, 02:39 PM

eXpert

Perfect! Duh - I should've seen the
was in the loop.
This was very productive! Seems like it should be default behavior anyway.

-ken
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design