Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Hide Shipping Until Address is filled in

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-23-2004, 12:40 PM

Default Hide Shipping Until Address is filled in

Sorry,
To create a new post in this mess - but I can't locate an answer.

Running 4.05 Gold

Problem:

-Customer browses for product adds 2 of Miss Piggy's Ham Cream

-Customer clicks check out and is show that the (2) Ham Cream's come out to 12.95 + shipping of 5.00 dollars.

-Customer fills in address / creates account and clicks enter

-Customer now sees the Ham Cream shipping is 20.00 bucks because they live on the east coast.

How can I stop the intial shipping charge from being show until I have a shipping address?

Thanks!

Ripbud
Old 10-24-2004, 10:48 AM

Default Bump

Bump
Hey! You all answered the questions that were above mine but no response to mine...er yeah... How about some help here?!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:28 PM

Default BUMP

BUMP

Really even "Hey Jerk you're posting in the wrong section!"

Would be helpful...
-Ripbud
Old 10-27-2004, 04:17 AM

X-Guru

post was ok but moved to wish list anyway

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 10-27-2004, 06:54 AM

eXpert

Rip, i use a rather simple work around to solve this problem temporarily(in 95% of my cases)

i set a default zip of some small town in idaho(that isnt close to a major city) and set my stores to presume that the shopper is from the default location....thus when shipping is show to the customer if it is off, it will almost always be high..

ie: Jane shown a shipping charge of $13.48 (software assumes she's in idaho and it's shipping from Oklahoma)

Jane enters her address and sh'e actually in Texas...her shipping just dropped to $8.38 ....

in this solution she's happy and i'm happy cause i didnt lose a customer because her shipping jumped way up.....

i am working on a solution for this...but this workaround should work till i complete the fix...

~TonyD
Old 10-27-2004, 08:28 AM

eXpert

actually, rackit and Carrie have already completed the fix i was working on doing.... does not show shipping till the customer enters his/her zipcode......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
I just installed this on a 4.0.4 version today. Here's the code I used:

In cart.php After:
Code:
x_session_register("cart"); x_session_register("intershipper_rates"); x_session_register("intershipper_recalc"); x_session_unregister("secure_oid"); x_session_register("extended_userinfo"); x_session_register("anonymous_checkout"); x_session_register("payment_cc_fields"); x_session_register("current_carrier");

Insert:
Code:
x_session_register("zipcode_estimate"); if($zip_estimate == "clear") { $zipcode_estimate = ""; func_header_location("cart.php"); } if(!empty($zip_estimate)) { $zipcode_estimate = $zip_estimate; $count = substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"0") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"1") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"2") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"3") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"4") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"5") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"6") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"7") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"8") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"9"); if($count != 5){ //checking for 5 digits $zipcode_estimate = "";} if($mode=="checkout") func_header_location("cart.php?mode=checkout"); else func_header_location("cart.php"); } if($zipcode_estimate != "") { $config["General"]["apply_default_country"] = "Y"; $config["General"]["default_zipcode"] = $zipcode_estimate; $smarty->assign("estimate","NO"); }

Then in skin1/customer/main/cart_totals.tpl Before:
Code:
{if $not_logged_message eq "1"}{$lng.txt_order_total_msg}{/if}

Add:
Code:
{* BCSE Begin *} {if $login} {else} {if $estimate ne "NO"} Enter your zip code to calculate shipping charges. <input type=TEXT name='zip_estimate' size=5 maxlength=5> {include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title="Calculate Shipping" href="javascript: document.cartform.submit()" js_to_href="Y"} {else} Click here to change your zip code {/if} {/if} {* BCSE End *}

Hope this helps! Thanks for the original code rackit!

Carrie
Old 10-27-2004, 11:06 PM

Default Thanks for the responses!

Thanks for all the responses.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:07 PM

Default Thanks for the responses!

Thanks for all the responses.

I also received a response from Maxim Sokolov - as follows:

To resolve this issue you need to find cart.php and replace the following line:

Code:
if ($need_shipping) {
with the following line:

Code:
if ($need_shipping and $login) {

This one seemed a lot easier to implement and appears to be doing what I want - I just changed the message to warn that shipping will not be shown until the person logs in / fills out there shipping/billing information - I haven't tested it fully yet.

By the way... Wish list??? Maybe template editing would be a better spot??
Anyway, again thanks for the responses. Nice to meet you all - I think you'll be seeing more of me since I'm customizing X-cart for my needs.
-Ripbud
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions