Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Is a One step checkout possible? - A simple BUY BUTTON?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-11-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Is a One step checkout possible? - A simple BUY BUTTON?

I am new here and apologize if this is dealt with elsewhere... My question is: Can I create a BUY BUTTON that leads directly to a check out page with a form where my customer can start entering billing and shipping information immediatly, and not displaying the product information and shipping costs first? How can I do this. Also is it possible to make and display an order button in pages of the website that lead to a simple form where the customer can just change number of items and select options of a product and then press a checkout button that leads to the form where he enters billing and shipping information immediatly?

Will be eagerly awaiting your help...
Regards
Old 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM

Veteran

Hi Beenice, welcome to X-Cart! Please start by reading the forum rules found here: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=6489 and post your X-Cart version in your signature. Edit profile, enter version, enter password, save. Thanks!

Now on to your question....it is certainly a possibility, but I don't know of a mod that has done that. So are you saying you want the customer to be directed to either a registration form or a login screen as soon as they hit the 'buy now' button?
Old 10-11-2005, 06:57 PM

Thanks!

Quote:
are you saying you want the customer to be directed to either a registration form or a login screen as soon as they hit the 'buy now' button?
^

Yes, that is how my website has turned in many SALES... when I used a third party shopping cart... with the customer being directed immediatly to enter all his billing information (including credit card number,etc.) and his shipping address, as soon as he has decided to buy and has taken ACTION by pressing the BUY NOW or ORDER NOW button...

It is annoying to see again the product ordered or to have to login, and worse to enter a password, or even to have to choose the number of items.. (I used to place a button for immediate purchase when the customer wishes one unit and a different button to go to a screen where he/she just choose the number of items of the product that he/she wishes and then "CHECK OUT".... can this be done with XCart??? Hope so...

Please help me get to do this. IT IS SO IMPORTANT!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:20 PM

eXpert

well first you're going to have to combine the products.tpl and product.tpl so that you can choose options on the products list page.

Then, when you click "buy now", you will be sitting on your "cart" page to review your order - from there I would just integrate the "register.tpl" form into the cart.tpl template, and they can choose to continue shopping or fill out their billing info (use anonymous checkout so no pass needed) and you could turn on "save cc info in profile" so they could put in CC right there too.

Then, you could alter cart.php to skip the "summary" step and pass along the CC info as entered as hidden variables, and go straight to the CC payment gateway.

Not doable unless you understand php and smarty, doable if you do. The x-cart team is always a good place to start, or posting in the professional services requests forum.

IF you xcart, THEN you prosper, ELSE you fail. ELSEIF xcart fails, THEN you fix it, all the WHILE {loop}\'ing {section}\'s to feed your $smarty mind.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design