Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to make multiple sets of provider templates

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-12-2004, 09:50 AM

Default How to make multiple sets of provider templates

I searched this forum but haven't found anyone in quite the same situation:

I'm using X-Cart Pro to build an "online mall" website for a client. He would like each mall vendor (i.e., provider) to be able to select from a bunch of different templates for their store. In other words, a provider would log in, and have a choice of several template schemes (say, Red, Blue, Green, etc) that they could select, and apply that scheme globally to their own store. The idea is that each provider wouldn't have to mess with all the little details of the templates themselves.

Has anyone done this and if so, what do you suggest?

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2004, 12:50 PM

I have Pro as well.

But, it does not allow you to give a complete store to each provider.

Each provider supplies products that will display in the mall itself. It does not give you separate stores for each person. All products are all together in what ever categories you have and what cats the providers list them under.

I bought this script long ago thinking it would do what you think it does. Sad to say it doesn't

The biggest issue is that "YOU" have to accept all payments yourself for everyone and then figure your own method of paying them. But they can see if they have a sale on their products. I was told collecting payments for others like this in a mall setting wasn't legal with most payment gateways. So I only have a few friends in this with me to provide products.

Good luck -> if you ever find a solution that does what you and I thought this did -> please by all means pm me asap
Old 04-18-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Providers can accept own payments

There is a way for providers to accept and set own payment methods to get around you having to pay each provider. I've been working with x-cart designers for over 2 months now to implement this custom feature (and a few others .

If you want special features, the x-cart team will do their best to make it work.

Be advised, you can't be afraid to spend the extra $ for advanced programming.

http://newyorkconnected.com is in final build stage and will go active on 5/15/04
Old 04-18-2004, 11:22 PM

X-Guru

One step in this direction is a mod of mine called, Skin Swap, it will allow you to easily change skins off a single X-Cart store and rebrand it however you see fit.

More info:
http://www.cart-lab.com/lab/customer/product.php?productid=1

This mod won't allow for multiple payment methods for each provider but rather makes it easy to rebrand the same store/data with a new skin layout. Just to clarify.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design