Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Going Crazy with Tables in Head.tpl

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 12-11-2002, 01:35 PM

Default Going Crazy with Tables in Head.tpl

My site is almost done except for a couple of design problems, which I'm going crazy trying to figure out. The first one is with the head.tpl and table alignment. Look at

http://www.fusionartstamps.com/dev/store/

In IE 6.0 there is an extra space by the word search and I need one more black space after "go" to align the bottom and top tables.

In Netscape 7.0 I can't figure out why the background behind the text box isn't aligned. This a background image called black.jpg. It looks fine in IE and I can't figure out why it's not the same in Netscape.

I think the problem lies in the search textbox size, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Here is my code for head.tpl.

Quote:
{* $Id: head.tpl,v 1.21 2002/09/05 12:43:21 zorg Exp $ *}

<TABLE WIDTH=760 BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0>

<TR>
<TD width="219" height="119" ROWSPAN=3 align="left" valign="top">[img]{$ImagesDir}/glasses.jpg[/img]
</TD>

<TD COLSPAN=4 align="left" valign="top" HEIGHT=63 WIDTH=541> [img]{$ImagesDir}/fusionartstamps.jpg[/img]</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD width="330" HEIGHT=35 align="left" valign="top">[img]{$ImagesDir}/eccentric.jpg[/img]</TD>
<TD width="66" HEIGHT=35 align="left" valign="top">[img]{$ImagesDir}/search.jpg[/img]</TD>

<TD align="left" valign="top" background="{$ImagesDir}/black.jpg">

{if $usertype eq "C" or "A"} <form method="get" action="search.php" name=productsearchform>

<div align="left">

<input type="text" name="substring" size="11" value="{$smarty.get.substring|escape}">
</div>

<TD width="59" HEIGHT=35 align="left" valign="top"><a href="javascript:document.productsearchform.submit ()">
[img]{$ImagesDir}/go.jpg[/img] </a>

<TR>

<TD COLSPAN=4 WIDTH=541>
</form>
{else}

</TR>

{/if}
</TABLE>

If anyone has time to look into this I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Amy
Old 12-11-2002, 01:46 PM

X-Man

from first glances you are missing a few closing tags on the table cells.

namely after the </div> and afer the search go button </a> and the final table cell after the end of form.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:05 PM

X-Man

Quote:

<TR>
<TD width="219" height="119" ROWSPAN=3 align="left" valign="top">[img]{$ImagesDir}/glasses.jpg[/img]
</TD>

<TD COLSPAN=4 align="left" valign="top" HEIGHT=63 WIDTH=541> [img]{$ImagesDir}/fusionartstamps.jpg[/img]</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD width="330" HEIGHT=35 align="left" valign="top">[img]{$ImagesDir}/eccentric.jpg[/img]</TD>
<TD width="66" HEIGHT=35 align="left" valign="top">[img]{$ImagesDir}/search.jpg[/img]</TD>

{if $usertype eq "C" or "A"} <form method="get" action="search.php" name=productsearchform>

<div align="left">

<input type="text" name="substring" size="11" value="{$smarty.get.substring|escape}">
</div>

<TD width="59" HEIGHT=35 align="left" valign="top"><a href="javascript:document.productsearchform.submit ()">
[img]{$ImagesDir}/go.jpg[/img] </a>

<TR>

<TD COLSPAN=4 WIDTH=541>
</form>
{else}

</TR>

{/if}
</TABLE>

should be changed to

<TR>
</TD>

</TR>
<TR>

<div align="left">

</div>
</TD>

[img]{$ImagesDir}/go.jpg[/img] </a> </TD>

<TR>

<TD COLSPAN=4 WIDTH=541> </TD>
</form>
</TR>
{else}
</TD>
</TR>

{/if}
</TABLE>

If you run the html through a wysiwyg processor like Dreamweaver it will tell you the answers. (Although it doesn't like splitting the form tag across various table cells.)
Old 12-12-2002, 06:44 AM

Thanks Funky Dunk! Still having the same problems though.

-Amy
Old 05-19-2003, 01:35 PM

Advanced Member

me 2 - how do we get rid of that extra space when adding a table?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design