Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How would you display 400 product option images

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 06-11-2011, 12:21 PM

Default How would you display 400 product option images

I make drum sets and have a new product that would be an option or a variant. It has over 400 options for the same price.

I use the x-config for the product creation.

1. I could have in a slot 400 or more products and have my customers choose the product with individual images with the same cost but that makes the process take forever and gives them way to many pages to go through and look at. this would be like x-cart is now with normal products on a page.( but remember I am in the configurator)

2. Create images in the variant method but that makes it impossible to see the images unless they pick them in the pull down and go threw 400 of them which would take forever. (not very fast)

I want to be able to have these images in a category maybe up to 20 categories. Then under those categories the breakdown of those 400 images. That way if you like grungy you look at the category and it just has the image and the add to configuration button.

The challenge is I do not want this to be for all of my product pages. I see that when I am in the webmaster mode and I am in a slot the URL will show the productid and the slot.

Where would I start so that I could put in an IF statement so if a slot id is used then a different template would be used to show the products.

What file would I change to have this code put into it?

What template file would I clone and rename to be used for the new product page?

Any help in getting me to go in the right direction will be very helpfull.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design